Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

O SEGREDO FROTA  Bottom

Go to page [-10 -1] 1 - 2 - 3 ... 14 - 15 - 16 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

• Try shimming up the blades. By this I mean cut some circles out of milk jugs plastic and put 'em between the blade and the castings

here
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mattson/hobie/archives/v1-i7/feature1.htm
  • mine are pretty wallowed out

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/matt9229/IMG_0392.jpg

Thanks for the link, Tami. As mentioned in the article... Steering off the beach is one of the hardest things for me(using sails to steer) and i generally end up using the rudders, but not locked in.(probably what led to the wallowed out castings). Lately we have been trying to walk the boat out deep enough where the rudders lock in first try.

Edited by matt922 on Jul 15, 2011 - 11:43 PM.
  • yours look great compared to mine! if there is some slack you can shim up with milk jug/nylon fender washers, did wonders for me...you can still steer in shallow water just de-power the boat(travelor out and sails loose) just don't go backwards with the rudders down. when beaching in shallow water with the wind coming from off shore, turn into the wind when the rudders pop up and lock them all the way up quickly then hop off boat and grab windward bow and back the boat to the beach. your castings are fine(until they break!), save that cash for school supplies(chicks and beer)!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • I am amazed at the things I read on this forum. Either I am really ignorant or yall make sailing too hard. I always just thought thst you used your rudders untill you got deep enough snd then locked them down when you could. Now I learn I should use the sails. Tomorrow Area 51

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Nah i just think too hard, ignoring obvious short cuts(beer).
  • all hands on deck...general sortie call for saturday...10-15mph nnw winds not to mention races @ osyc...fix those boats and come out and break 'em!!!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • might make it out tomorrow in gulfport, who knows. I've been trying to get out for the past two months to no avail.
  • looks like a perfect ship island day...come on matt! you can tow me in case the new bridal wires don't hold up my mast! or we can raft up and use the booms and jibs to sail home if both mast fall!!! i'll be at the spot around 11ish. if if's too rough then we will stay around the bay/osyc. forecast 15-20mph-2-4'seas....perfect!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/315862_139388072821790_100002517945327weatherman teased us...no small craft warning as advertised...so stayed around the bay and watched katrina regatta. at least 19 boats at quick count. winds were shifty w-n mostly around 6-8 mph with sparse gust to 12-15, about 100 degrees and no clouds-brutal. did get an upclose with duly's "gunboat"...wow, kevlar hulls, all carbon fiber mast-beams-boom-spin chute-tillers-etc.. totally rigged weighing in at around 225lbs...looked like it would fly off of the beach if a gust came. duly still learning the boat so now's the time to beat him! sorry we missed you at deer island rob and duly, was starving and needed to see our "dolly pardon" style waitress @ the fillin' station-love that place icon_eek . ready for the sept,oct,nov winds to show up..oh yeah, learned that bimare is pronounced BE MAR RAY...fancy I talion name!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • yea, we just hung on the island a while, jay and tami came up in their powerboat, then andrew showed up in his and we all kinda stood around picking apart issues w/Duly's boat... this ain't right, that aint' right... etc etc... I mean hey, when you're the rockstar in the limelight... gotta expect some critics... nah.. that boat is amazing.... then the winds held and we flew a hull down the channel, around the bridge, and back to shore... a great late afternoon sail...
  • Three cheers for Dolly, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip YEOOOOOWZAH, BOOM SHACK-A-LOCKA, GOOD GODT, JEEZE-LA-WEEZ, Shiver-me-timbers. biglove Gravity has been defied in Biloxi. Thanks be to God.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • there is hooters the restaurant...and there is the restaurant with hooters...i think she likes us!!! we should give her even more money next time banana

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • agreed fallinginlove Pardon my dolly, Dolly. liar $ can buy happiness.

--
    --
  • blarg. i really need mast up(beach) storage. osyc or lbyc? gyc is too far in the harbor for my liking.

made it to my normal launch spot and some dumbass beach patron was parked right in our little 8-10ft slab of concrete. (no parking zone).

Edited by matt922 on Sep 17, 2011 - 04:02 PM.
  • Matt, if you think GYC is too far in the harbor, you'd be real unhappy with LBYC, which is even deeper in its harbor albeit the beach is very quiet and nice

Edited by tami on Sep 18, 2011 - 06:17 PM.
  • i'll be on the coast monday for some morning business, bringing the blue ribbon and hope to do some sailing if the weather holds. might be solo if crew chickens out...if anyone can wiggle out of work/school(matt), bring your boat or ride the mighty blue ribbon! won't stay out to late, gonna pick up the wife from work on way home...give me a hollar @ six -o 1 three o seven-5 eight five 5!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Maaaaaan, Monday is my toughest schedule bud. Class from 9-1 and again from 6-10. icon_frown

tamiMatt, if you think GYC is too far in the harbor, you'd be real unhappy with LBYC, which is even deeper in its harbor albeit the beach is very quiet and niceEdited by tami on Sep 18, 2011 - 06:17 PM.

Yeah, i had a feeling.. i don't go that way very often so i figured i'd throw it out there anyways. Thanks for the heads up though!

After looking at the dues for intermediate membership(age 18-26) and beach permit at osyc, it doesn't seem too bad when you consider the storage/convenience of mast up/on beach wheels.
  • and the other OSYC intangibles... and the pool.... after a sail... and the shower... after the pool... and the refreshments available... and the cheerful sailor company always hanging around.... and the few paranoid folks who are always making sure the boats are secured... there's always beachwheels around, and someone to lend you a hand... and trade a few stories with... Oh BTW... we're doing another (bring your own stuff... casual just show up and go.....) horn island camping trip on octber 1st... a few cats and a few powerboats... dep OSYC prob about 10 or 11am....

Edited by robpatt on Sep 19, 2011 - 07:54 AM.
  • Coastrat, hope you have a great day on the tramp Monday. Are you up to sailing this Saturday (9/24). This lady friend girl wants to go, but she may not be able to help set up and lift da Sideways. Looks like winds out of the north, good day for cruisin da coast. catchchicken

--
    --
  • saturday is good for me, didn't sail today...so i'm dieing!!! glad to hear your still hungry like the wolf...thought you were joining a monastery...the front should be through by then. mayby you can turn her on by scaring the crap out of her!!!...that or just get her loaded kiffer2

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --

Go to page [-10 -1] 1 - 2 - 3 ... 14 - 15 - 16 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.