Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

O SEGREDO FROTA  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

• We're having a raftup at either Ship or Cat (Smuggler's Cove) this next weekend 25th. Prolly be at Smuggler's Cove. Mostly big leaners from Long Beach YC but everyone's invited
  • http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76446&g2_fix those boats!!!  the weather is here...Cat island?  i know a great launch spot in long beach!  thats right folks, sail, your not getting any younger!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • This weekend? Saturday looks good.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Hi Terry,
    was nice to meetcha there in Fla.

we'll prolly launch Miz B from the house here in OS Sat am and sail over to somewhere near
    30 12.576, -89 05.823
    That's Smuggler's Cove.

Unless the consensus is somewhere different, but I understand there's good depth right at that very point. Not that we have to worry about that icon_wink
  • Tami, do you have room to launch my 5.8 from your yard. I would of also need your help putting it together!!

edited by: skarr1, Sep 21, 2010 - 07:32 PM
  • hey tami, are you talking about launching from ocean springs and sailing to cat island? are ya'll camping or sailing back sat evening? i found a sweet spot in long beach to launch from(cat trax needed to cross 30 yards of beach). winds have and probably will be from the east(5-10 forcasted). tomorrow and thursday are blowing big time, mayby the wind will continue through the weekend...sounds great!! if the winds are ese to se, i will launch from the secret spot and enjoy the reach out past the beau and back around east deer island...

edited by: coastrat, Sep 21, 2010 - 11:44 PM

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Hi boys,

I belong to Long Beach YC but we live in Fontainebleau. There's a ramp at the end of my street, goes into Simmons Bayou. That's where we'd launch Miz B and sail over.

Coastrat, my boat is an F-27GS trimaran (see avatar), we'd stay ON it. See above re: raftup. But the beach there at Smuggler's Cove is quite nice for camping, I expect you prolly know that

Steve, we could put your 5.8 together in my yard but we'd have to launch it somewhere else. I think our ramp would be a bit dicey, and then you'd have to sail up the twisty bayou or else get us to tow you. I have sailed it on my Sq but it wasn't easy, of course with a jib it would have been somewhat easier. If you were quite sure (-ahem-) about coming in on Sat, we could conceivably meet at LBYC and both of us launch from there.

• http://www.weather.com/ou…555early marine forcast.
    Quotewe'll prolly launch Miz B from the house here in OS Sat am
    i didn't think you were sailing out of ocean springs... if the wind is blowing i'll launch at the secret spot, if it's light then i might launch at long beach(another secret spot). just be a day sail for me as sunday is a religous holiday(saints vs falcons)...gonna keep a weather eye out!

edited by: coastrat, Sep 22, 2010 - 12:12 PM

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Thanks Tami, I think I will launch with Terry and Coastrat.
  • ya'll remember that the 'round Cat race from Pass C YC is the weekend after this one...

but the link says going "inside" the island... presuming the north side, while ya'll going to take in the privacy of the southern shores...

http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=219266
  • robpattbut the link says going "inside" the island... presuming the north side, while ya'll going to take in the privacy of the southern shores...

Please reread the notice... the link sez:
    "However, weather conditions may require a shorter course to be sailed. This course will be inside the island."

The course will only be inside the island if the weather is rough. Otherwise it will circumnavigate the island.

I'm not running the race but I did do (and score) it last year. The course will likely be: start>ICW2>Range between ship and cat>A>B>C>D>ICW7>finish.

Approx. coordinates for the marx of interest:
    Start/finish area (#2PCchannel): 30º 18.57, -89º 14.22
    ICW 2: 30º 16.85, -89º 05.10
    Range tower: 30º 14.56, -89º 01.98
    CatIChannel A: 30º 10.81, -89º 07.41
    CatIChannel D: 30º 12.54, -89º 10.97
    ICW 7: 30º 14.72, -89º 11.73

Most all these are line of sight except from start to 2, and 7 to finish, prolly can't see those. Navigate to finish by landmark of large white/silver roof on shore, we call it the slip'n'slide (the A-frame style Catholic church)
  • whoops, thanks....
  • I am going to try to sail at the secret spot this weekend. Will be staying at Davis Bayou National Park. Eat breakfast at Denny's "don't have one in Tuscaloosa". Be at the spot around 9:00am.
  • save some room for the "Vancleave special"(stuffed crabmeat and cheese po-boy) from the ole biloxi schooner saturday night!http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76509&g2_

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Is that a good place for tired sailors to eat?

edited by: skarr1, Sep 22, 2010 - 05:08 PM
  • make sure to get the cheese/gravey fries and a long neck barq's root beer(called an "amberjack") and you will have sweet dreams! note side order fried oysters...http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76513&g2

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Aren't you going to sail Saturday Coastrat?
  • oh yes...we'll be there in force...watching the weather to decide the itenerary, if its light winds and or rain, we'll stay around biloxi bay/deer island and party around the osyc.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Coastrat, please stop, you're making me hungry!

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72653 here...a couple of these will hold you over til lunch...here...a couple of these will hold you over til lunch...hey, lucky pickles jam fri night-sat on the coast?

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.