Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

O SEGREDO FROTA  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

• Coastrat, which one of these guys has to "catch" their mast when de-rigging? That was a very good catch yesterday, I'm just glad my little boat has a hinge for that particular step in the process. Three Cheers for da Chocolate Skinned Ladies of New Orleans!!!

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • I caught the mast but I called a fair catch.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • hip, hip, horay! and a textbook fair catch...exciting afternoon!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Quoteere were some lovely chocolate skinned ladies from new orleans doing a photo shoot in red white and blue bikinies...made me proud to be an american!

pics or it never happened
  • I am always looking for a faster way to rig and unrig the boat. This mast catching sound like it might speed up the process. Please describe how this was accomplished and how much time was saved. Would it be possible to reverse the process and toss the mast up. This might save even more time.
  • yes, it was very patriotic, those nice young ladies inspired us with there hard work and determination to make sure the ole red white and blue was proudly represented on there

lovely young skin...aaahhhh...what nice young people. one girl wasn't as patriotic as the others as she refused to wear her stars and stripes top...i don't know if this was a protest or the top was uncomfortable but she just didn't like that top. naturally forgot the camera. terry missed it by 1 minute. this may have helped pioneer the "new,fast" way to lower the mast. not being familiar with "modern" cats(stuck in the 70's), i was no help at all, i just witnessed a perfectly executed fair catch...as done by a veteran high school football coach. if i had the video, it would be a valuable coaching tool for all kick and punt returners. think of the time we saved! a dozen seconds at least...thinking a big can of aqua net hair spray, a thick steel pipe, a paper towel, a big potatoe, a lighter, and "BANG!!!", instant mast raise!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Coastrat, check you email for documentation of the photo shot. I would upload them here, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to. But, I've seen that you have that ability, if you want to share.

--
    --
  • http://www.thebeachcats.com/modules/UserPictures/data/0-1282857980_26502.jpg

No worries, figured it out. Enjoy

--
    --
  • Ok...I'm not gonna say Judy and I will be there on Sunday.
    Everytime I have said that, something has happened to
    cause us to miss it.

So, I am not going to say that Judy and I will be there on Sunday.

Butch & Judy
    P19 w/Spi
  • Murphy, evidently, is not susceptable to reverse psychology (sigh)
  • its on!!! again..saturday-biloxi bay,osyc, 2 bands, high winds, storms, sounds like fun! hurricane katrina 5th year anniversary party...from the home of extreme weather! cat racing...socializing...advantage: heavy people.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • ok.. arrived late...races over, launched and rigged my boat just in time for non ending rain. did get to eat at the ole biloxi schooner...gumbo, crab claws, vancleave special(stuffed crab meat po-boy w/cheese). the meal was a total victory! found grocery store/liquer store close to secret spot and a canvas shop next to marine store. five years ago katrina destroyed the coast i knew and grew up with...i'm discovering a whole new coast!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Butch:
    Murphy? In my business Murphy was an optimist! icon_biggrin

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • WHen will the Fleet be there weekend?? Sat or Sun?
    We will do our best to be there!!!!!!
  • Saturday I am going to Big Lagoon State Park, skaar will be there with his 5.7, another hobie 16 and a getaway and my 5.2 o(obvious because of the poor sail trIM)

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • wife wants to visit my folks in gulf shores this weekend, i would rather hit the secret spot again(mayby it won't storm this time, been rough weather for a month!). i haven't checked the weather yet but don't count me out...i remember the good ole days when the sun shined!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • well come on the more the merrier.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • is big lagoon in orange beach/perdido? got a feeling if i sail this weekend it will be in biloxi but i am looking for places by gulf shores to sail because we go there several times a year.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • yes a couple miles across the state line

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • hey Rat, you going to Big Lagoon or Biloxi?
    If 'O Segredo Flota' is gonna be at Big Lagoon
    then thats where we will try to be.

GolfDad...which campsite?

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.