Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

O SEGREDO FROTA  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

• General Sortie Call - Sunday, August 15th - 10am

Wife and I will be there for a little beach sailing, maybe around
    Deer Island. Stop in at OSYC for a cooler or two...or three :)

Hope to see y'all there
  • look out on the horizon for the blue ribbon!!!for the ribbon will fly tomorrow!!! o segredo frota sets sail on the waters of iberville...deer island will be liberated!!!the bay of biloxi will be slashed by the slippery pale bananas...life is good!!!!dang...just read the entire post and it said sunday, i guess saturday will be stormy...crudolla...will watch weather...la cinta azul.

edited by: coastrat, Aug 14, 2010 - 12:16 AM

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • If you see a poorly sailed nacra, that would be me

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Golfdad, come up to Canada, before the water gets cold, & we could sail Nacras poorly in stereo! Just think, a Nacra regatta of two! (if we set up 2 courses, we could each be first place)
    Shiiiitttt, I thought I knew a fair bit about blo botes from the old led sled & dinghy days. I've had my 5.7 out 22 days now, dumped it 4 times unintentionally, & I'm still playing with mast tuning, diamond wires etc.
    My ego builder was blowing by an old fella from down the point today on his Magregor 26, & both him & his wife cheering, & taking pictures of me soloing on the wire. We luff up to chat, he tells me what a (some word in German that either meant great boat, or prick)I have. The old boy has a really good looking Hobie 17 with wings in his yard, the one I have never seen on the water, but his wife won't get on it anymore so he got the M 26.
    Damn, these Nacras are fun!

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I wish someone could tell me just how to set it up. But even so it is fun.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • sunday sunday sunday...monster trucks and funny cars!!!see ya'll on biloxi bay!!!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Hey coastrat if I can get my buddy bearing hammered in I will see you Sunday. I read to pu it in a freezer for a couple hours. I hope that works cause so far no go.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • good luck and get-r-done! i had to weld my tiller crossbar after the last trip, my buddy(greenhorn) accidently broke it so i am in repair mode too. but i will definitely be there sunday.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • well after no luck with the freezer got my sledge hammer out and took a big swing. It seated beautifully(I think). My daddy always said if you gonna hit hit it with a big hammer.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • thats how they do it at the ship yard! sledge-o-matic...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Ok...I'm gonna be a weather wienie.
    After looking at the forecast.....
    well, I ain't gonna be there.

Maybe next weekend (sigh)
  • kinda uneventful...really cool lightning storm on the way home...try again next week...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • looks like this storm system is camping out for a while...good news for the gulf coast surfers, tomorrow is your day!!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • looks like sunday has 10-15kt winds, keeping my eye on weather...winds out of west, could be a ship island day...keeping my fingers crossed, come on wind!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • hey Rat...if it looks good what time Sunday you gonna be there??
  • shoot for 10am, i'd like to be there early, but always seems to be 10 ish. i,m dieing, last week my repaired tiller crossbar broke again just before the wind picked up. my buddy brought down his jet ski last week so we got to play a little but it ain't the same thing! if weather is a factor i'll probably keep it close to shore, i'd really like to hit west ship island but...mayby just a trip around deer island or up and down the bay will do fine.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • allright, i'm in for the morning!!!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Hey Butch, the weather was howling. I drove over just to see that P19 running with a spinnaker.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • anybody want a teen age boy? I got one....cheap :-/
  • terry and i were the only sailboats out, the weather was tricky...it would go from no wind at all to all wind back to no wind and all points in between and it blew from every direction! we limped out to the bay then were surrounded by storms so we ran for the osyc and rode it out on the beach...some sailors were getting there boats ready but the crazy storm/calm cycles would stop you right when you think its clear. we finally went for it and shot out of the yacht club like a rocket. there was lightning around but not too close for comfort...some stinging rain and when we hit the spot there were some lovely chocolate skinned ladies from new orleans doing a photo shoot in red white and blue bikinies...made me proud to be an american! then they left right before terry showed up, you'll get 'em next time coach!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.