O SEGREDO FROTA

General Sortie Call - Sunday, August 15th - 10am

Wife and I will be there for a little beach sailing, maybe around
Deer Island. Stop in at OSYC for a cooler or two...or three :)

Hope to see y'all there
look out on the horizon for the blue ribbon!!!for the ribbon will fly tomorrow!!! o segredo frota sets sail on the waters of iberville...deer island will be liberated!!!the bay of biloxi will be slashed by the slippery pale bananas...life is good!!!!dang...just read the entire post and it said sunday, i guess saturday will be stormy...crudolla...will watch weather...la cinta azul.

edited by: coastrat, Aug 14, 2010 - 12:16 AM

--
Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
--
If you see a poorly sailed nacra, that would be me

--
Nacra 5.2
--
Golfdad, come up to Canada, before the water gets cold, & we could sail Nacras poorly in stereo! Just think, a Nacra regatta of two! (if we set up 2 courses, we could each be first place)
Shiiiitttt, I thought I knew a fair bit about blo botes from the old led sled & dinghy days. I've had my 5.7 out 22 days now, dumped it 4 times unintentionally, & I'm still playing with mast tuning, diamond wires etc.
My ego builder was blowing by an old fella from down the point today on his Magregor 26, & both him & his wife cheering, & taking pictures of me soloing on the wire. We luff up to chat, he tells me what a (some word in German that either meant great boat, or prick)I have. The old boy has a really good looking Hobie 17 with wings in his yard, the one I have never seen on the water, but his wife won't get on it anymore so he got the M 26.
Damn, these Nacras are fun!

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
I wish someone could tell me just how to set it up. But even so it is fun.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
sunday sunday sunday...monster trucks and funny cars!!!see ya'll on biloxi bay!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hey coastrat if I can get my buddy bearing hammered in I will see you Sunday. I read to pu it in a freezer for a couple hours. I hope that works cause so far no go.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
good luck and get-r-done! i had to weld my tiller crossbar after the last trip, my buddy(greenhorn) accidently broke it so i am in repair mode too. but i will definitely be there sunday.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
well after no luck with the freezer got my sledge hammer out and took a big swing. It seated beautifully(I think). My daddy always said if you gonna hit hit it with a big hammer.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
thats how they do it at the ship yard! sledge-o-matic...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Ok...I'm gonna be a weather wienie.
After looking at the forecast.....
well, I ain't gonna be there.

Maybe next weekend (sigh)
kinda uneventful...really cool lightning storm on the way home...try again next week...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
looks like this storm system is camping out for a while...good news for the gulf coast surfers, tomorrow is your day!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
looks like sunday has 10-15kt winds, keeping my eye on weather...winds out of west, could be a ship island day...keeping my fingers crossed, come on wind!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
hey Rat...if it looks good what time Sunday you gonna be there??
shoot for 10am, i'd like to be there early, but always seems to be 10 ish. i,m dieing, last week my repaired tiller crossbar broke again just before the wind picked up. my buddy brought down his jet ski last week so we got to play a little but it ain't the same thing! if weather is a factor i'll probably keep it close to shore, i'd really like to hit west ship island but...mayby just a trip around deer island or up and down the bay will do fine.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
allright, i'm in for the morning!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hey Butch, the weather was howling. I drove over just to see that P19 running with a spinnaker.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
anybody want a teen age boy? I got one....cheap :-/
terry and i were the only sailboats out, the weather was tricky...it would go from no wind at all to all wind back to no wind and all points in between and it blew from every direction! we limped out to the bay then were surrounded by storms so we ran for the osyc and rode it out on the beach...some sailors were getting there boats ready but the crazy storm/calm cycles would stop you right when you think its clear. we finally went for it and shot out of the yacht club like a rocket. there was lightning around but not too close for comfort...some stinging rain and when we hit the spot there were some lovely chocolate skinned ladies from new orleans doing a photo shoot in red white and blue bikinies...made me proud to be an american! then they left right before terry showed up, you'll get 'em next time coach!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat, which one of these guys has to "catch" their mast when de-rigging? That was a very good catch yesterday, I'm just glad my little boat has a hinge for that particular step in the process. Three Cheers for da Chocolate Skinned Ladies of New Orleans!!!

--
Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
--
I caught the mast but I called a fair catch.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
hip, hip, horay! and a textbook fair catch...exciting afternoon!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Quoteere were some lovely chocolate skinned ladies from new orleans doing a photo shoot in red white and blue bikinies...made me proud to be an american!

pics or it never happened
I am always looking for a faster way to rig and unrig the boat. This mast catching sound like it might speed up the process. Please describe how this was accomplished and how much time was saved. Would it be possible to reverse the process and toss the mast up. This might save even more time.
yes, it was very patriotic, those nice young ladies inspired us with there hard work and determination to make sure the ole red white and blue was proudly represented on there

lovely young skin...aaahhhh...what nice young people. one girl wasn't as patriotic as the others as she refused to wear her stars and stripes top...i don't know if this was a protest or the top was uncomfortable but she just didn't like that top. naturally forgot the camera. terry missed it by 1 minute. this may have helped pioneer the "new,fast" way to lower the mast. not being familiar with "modern" cats(stuck in the 70's), i was no help at all, i just witnessed a perfectly executed fair catch...as done by a veteran high school football coach. if i had the video, it would be a valuable coaching tool for all kick and punt returners. think of the time we saved! a dozen seconds at least...thinking a big can of aqua net hair spray, a thick steel pipe, a paper towel, a big potatoe, a lighter, and "BANG!!!", instant mast raise!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat, check you email for documentation of the photo shot. I would upload them here, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to. But, I've seen that you have that ability, if you want to share.

--
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/modules/UserPictures/data/0-1282857980_26502.jpg

No worries, figured it out. Enjoy

--
--
Ok...I'm not gonna say Judy and I will be there on Sunday.
Everytime I have said that, something has happened to
cause us to miss it.

So, I am not going to say that Judy and I will be there on Sunday.

Butch & Judy
P19 w/Spi
Murphy, evidently, is not susceptable to reverse psychology (sigh)
its on!!! again..saturday-biloxi bay,osyc, 2 bands, high winds, storms, sounds like fun! hurricane katrina 5th year anniversary party...from the home of extreme weather! cat racing...socializing...advantage: heavy people.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
ok.. arrived late...races over, launched and rigged my boat just in time for non ending rain. did get to eat at the ole biloxi schooner...gumbo, crab claws, vancleave special(stuffed crab meat po-boy w/cheese). the meal was a total victory! found grocery store/liquer store close to secret spot and a canvas shop next to marine store. five years ago katrina destroyed the coast i knew and grew up with...i'm discovering a whole new coast!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Butch:
Murphy? In my business Murphy was an optimist! icon_biggrin

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
--
WHen will the Fleet be there weekend?? Sat or Sun?
We will do our best to be there!!!!!!
Saturday I am going to Big Lagoon State Park, skaar will be there with his 5.7, another hobie 16 and a getaway and my 5.2 o(obvious because of the poor sail trIM)

--
Nacra 5.2
--
wife wants to visit my folks in gulf shores this weekend, i would rather hit the secret spot again(mayby it won't storm this time, been rough weather for a month!). i haven't checked the weather yet but don't count me out...i remember the good ole days when the sun shined!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
well come on the more the merrier.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
is big lagoon in orange beach/perdido? got a feeling if i sail this weekend it will be in biloxi but i am looking for places by gulf shores to sail because we go there several times a year.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
yes a couple miles across the state line

--
Nacra 5.2
--
hey Rat, you going to Big Lagoon or Biloxi?
If 'O Segredo Flota' is gonna be at Big Lagoon
then thats where we will try to be.

GolfDad...which campsite?
if i go to alabama i wont be taking the boat(cocktails with the folks) but if we don't do gulf shores, then biloxi sun/mon. too close to call right now...should know tomorrow.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I think we are meeting at Bk Sat morning. I ain't camping. Not as long as my house has ac

--
Nacra 5.2
--
Terry, which one and what time? Also, ain't it $8 to get into Big Lagoon?
Quiet Water is ony a $1 toll to get to it.
redneck riviera sat/sun(pink pony deck therapy), secret spot monday...getting my beach on!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Bill you going on Monday? Yesterday was a total bust. No air from 10 to 2.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
its on like donkey kong...looks like se wind ~10kts, maybe head out past the beau, sail around deer, hit the yacht club, then the aloha cruise back to the spot! not sure what time i'll get there yet...stay tuned...over.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Where do you guys sail at?

edited by: TylerH, Sep 06, 2010 - 08:12 PM

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
They sail at Ocean Springs, I think.
one sweet day of sailing...salt water therapy...i can't even feel my legs...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
feeling in legs back..."pabste-a-rittas" worn off...faced with reality of work...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
wednesday looks nice...real nice. 10-15kts out of the east. just finished a project and won't start another one until my tan is improved, just wouldn't be right. this one may be a sailgate, got your ears on backasswards? i know golfdad75 will be busy telling those boys to "HUSTLE!", but if there were a day to fain from work and join o segredo frota for a day of secret/clandestin sailing, this is it! you wont miss work a bit! could be the perfect ship island day, beam reach both ways! not saying one should shirk there duties, just sayin'...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Dear Mr. Coastrat,

Sounds like a good day to launch, unfortunately, I've been signed up for some sort of off site training that I cannot possibly get out of. But oh how I would love to take the Blue Ribbon and the Backasswards out to ship, with a crew of 'goula gurls or dark skinned NOLA ladies. Oh darn, my boss is calling me now, "Sossaman!!!" Public Utility calls!

--
--
latest forcast is for east winds 15-20kts! are you sure you don't have west nile? you sound contageious to me...i'm gonna go ahead and write you a note for missing that meeting wendsday...a day of salt water therapy should help clear that up...i'm not a docter, but i'll take a look at it...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks Dr. Billy! I also need a prescription while your at it; something for the pain, the pain of the drama we know as "Public Utility". Tune in tomorrow for episode 3, "The New Girl Meets the King of the Copier" In this episode the new girl has mountains, mountains of copies that the boss has requested she make, but the King of the Copier has the Xerox tied up all day and all night. The new girl formulates a plan to distract the King away from the Xerox long enough for her partner in crime, Ms. Newcherry, to make the necessary copies. Meanwhile, after hours, the janitor, Mrs. Smithwood, cannot access her supply closet. With the help of a crowbar she discovered in the Boss's private water closet, Mrs. Smith discovers the new girl and the King tangled up in...tune in next week for "The New Girl Gets Promoted" on "Public Utility".

--
--
i missed the last episode "cake day", heard it was great! remember to not laugh so loud when you open those racey e-mails....shhh...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Oh man, its a good thing I live 6 hours away from you guys. I would be sick way too much. I dont think Dr House could come up with a list of diseases long enough for me! Wish I could be there on a beamer out the Ship with you.

Had a blast at Juana's - Sorry you couldn't make it. I am planning to do the Slip to Ship in the sping.

edited by: sailinagin, Sep 14, 2010 - 10:40 AM

--
David
Memphis, TN
'84 Hobie 18
--
Cake Day was indeed a keeper, nominated for an emmy. These peeps round here are hyenia-tized, so no worries about inappropreite laughter triggered by inappropreite (I can't spell) emails. I need to send you the one from the German AutoShow. It's been nominated for something.

--
--
Dr. Coastrat,

I forgot to wish you, Toby Scaterall, and the Women of the Biloxi Chamber of Late Night Commerce (Tube Sock Momma: "I was going to see my kids, but I've been drinkin and the court won't let me be around 'em when I've been drinding) the very best of seas for your sailing voyage tomorrow.

--
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76406&g2_serialNumber=4&g2_GALLERYSID='b4018f7d89daeewest ship island wednesday. beam reach out in 3'-5' swells surfing between flying a hull, winds 15-20kts out of east,ese. took brother in law out for his first sailing trip, blew his mind naturaly, let him skipper a bunch. trip home came in around east deer island pointing up head into the waves, getting airborn, awesome! i didn't miss work at all!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Nice picture of Nique and the fort! The off site training was sooooooooo worth it. Glad someone had a good time yesterday!

--
--
Any sailing at the secret spot this weekend?
sunday would be most probable but i won't count out saturday yet...souther miss plays kansas here friday night(espn) so we will be tailgating fri night. if the spirit is willing and the flesh is able, saturday is preferred.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Are all of you "O SEGREDO FROTA" folk's doing shear-water?

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
good question, whats the deal?

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I don't know...
that's why im asking you guys!

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
I don't think they know what shear-water is and nether do I
It's a regatta at OSYC.

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
oscean springs yacht club? sure, i'm in. have to verify dates, weekends get real busy for me this time of year but i always can squeeze in a day at the beach. near coastal forcast for this weekend says sunday will be 10-15 mph east winds, saturday 5-10.http://www.weather.com/ou…t/USMS0033?zoneId=GMZ555here is one of my favorite sites...http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/…n_page.php?station=gpom6

edited by: coastrat, Sep 17, 2010 - 09:02 AM

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
coastratoscean springs yacht club? sure, i'm in. have to verify dates, weekends get real busy for me this time of year but i always can squeeze in a day at the beach. near coastal forcast for this weekend says sunday will be 10-15 mph east winds, saturday 5-10.http://www.weather.com/ou…t/USMS0033?zoneId=GMZ555here is one of my favorite sites...http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/…n_page.php?station=gpom6edited by: coastrat, Sep 17, 2010 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, i don't know the date's either..
That wind sounds really nice.

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
I am going saturday morning. Shearwater is a bird.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
dang they censored b i r d

--
Nacra 5.2
--
Shearwater Regatta, October 23-24, 2010

At Ocean Springs. http://www.osyc.com/index…Content&func=view&pid=22

edited by: skarr1, Sep 17, 2010 - 10:01 AM
Shearwater Pottery is a place ran for 80 or so years by the family of a world famous, local artist, Walter Anderson.... this is the guy who used to row out to horn island... live in a tent for a few months/weeks, and spend his time sketching and doing watercolors of the island scenery, wildlife, birds, etc.... Thus the Shearwater Regatta.

It's a triangles race... also in Oct will be the "SOS" (Singing River to Ocean Springs) drag race... in the spring, goes from SRYC to OSYC.. in the fall from OSYC to SRYC... about a 21 mile race along the coast... also a great sail....

Will see you secret fleet coastal rats on the H20 on Saturday.... Rob on DoubleTime Hobie 18.
have fun you secret fleeters! can't make it for saturday, but sunday is a real possibility...enjoy the coast, it's a peach!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
shearwater...i was thinking clearwater, like florida...duh, being from pascagoula i should have known better. walter anderson was a genious, i love the way he drew.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
general sortie call for sunday: report to west ship island for ice chest testing...that is all...over

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76419&g2better shot of our girl...

edited by: coastrat, Sep 20, 2010 - 12:24 PM

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Awesome, I'm SUPER EXCITED!!! Chicken and a forty can only embellish the experience.

--
--
[

edited by: coastrat, Sep 20, 2010 - 12:20 PM

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
damn. . . . I gotta get my boat fixed :-/
We're having a raftup at either Ship or Cat (Smuggler's Cove) this next weekend 25th. Prolly be at Smuggler's Cove. Mostly big leaners from Long Beach YC but everyone's invited
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76446&g2_fix those boats!!!  the weather is here...Cat island?  i know a great launch spot in long beach!  thats right folks, sail, your not getting any younger!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
This weekend? Saturday looks good.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
Hi Terry,
was nice to meetcha there in Fla.

we'll prolly launch Miz B from the house here in OS Sat am and sail over to somewhere near
30 12.576, -89 05.823
That's Smuggler's Cove.

Unless the consensus is somewhere different, but I understand there's good depth right at that very point. Not that we have to worry about that icon_wink
Tami, do you have room to launch my 5.8 from your yard. I would of also need your help putting it together!!

edited by: skarr1, Sep 21, 2010 - 07:32 PM
hey tami, are you talking about launching from ocean springs and sailing to cat island? are ya'll camping or sailing back sat evening? i found a sweet spot in long beach to launch from(cat trax needed to cross 30 yards of beach). winds have and probably will be from the east(5-10 forcasted). tomorrow and thursday are blowing big time, mayby the wind will continue through the weekend...sounds great!! if the winds are ese to se, i will launch from the secret spot and enjoy the reach out past the beau and back around east deer island...

edited by: coastrat, Sep 21, 2010 - 11:44 PM

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hi boys,

I belong to Long Beach YC but we live in Fontainebleau. There's a ramp at the end of my street, goes into Simmons Bayou. That's where we'd launch Miz B and sail over.

Coastrat, my boat is an F-27GS trimaran (see avatar), we'd stay ON it. See above re: raftup. But the beach there at Smuggler's Cove is quite nice for camping, I expect you prolly know that

Steve, we could put your 5.8 together in my yard but we'd have to launch it somewhere else. I think our ramp would be a bit dicey, and then you'd have to sail up the twisty bayou or else get us to tow you. I have sailed it on my Sq but it wasn't easy, of course with a jib it would have been somewhat easier. If you were quite sure (-ahem-) about coming in on Sat, we could conceivably meet at LBYC and both of us launch from there.

http://www.weather.com/ou…555early marine forcast.
Quotewe'll prolly launch Miz B from the house here in OS Sat am
i didn't think you were sailing out of ocean springs... if the wind is blowing i'll launch at the secret spot, if it's light then i might launch at long beach(another secret spot). just be a day sail for me as sunday is a religous holiday(saints vs falcons)...gonna keep a weather eye out!

edited by: coastrat, Sep 22, 2010 - 12:12 PM

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks Tami, I think I will launch with Terry and Coastrat.
ya'll remember that the 'round Cat race from Pass C YC is the weekend after this one...

but the link says going "inside" the island... presuming the north side, while ya'll going to take in the privacy of the southern shores...

http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=219266
robpattbut the link says going "inside" the island... presuming the north side, while ya'll going to take in the privacy of the southern shores...

Please reread the notice... the link sez:
"However, weather conditions may require a shorter course to be sailed. This course will be inside the island."

The course will only be inside the island if the weather is rough. Otherwise it will circumnavigate the island.

I'm not running the race but I did do (and score) it last year. The course will likely be: start>ICW2>Range between ship and cat>A>B>C>D>ICW7>finish.

Approx. coordinates for the marx of interest:
Start/finish area (#2PCchannel): 30º 18.57, -89º 14.22
ICW 2: 30º 16.85, -89º 05.10
Range tower: 30º 14.56, -89º 01.98
CatIChannel A: 30º 10.81, -89º 07.41
CatIChannel D: 30º 12.54, -89º 10.97
ICW 7: 30º 14.72, -89º 11.73

Most all these are line of sight except from start to 2, and 7 to finish, prolly can't see those. Navigate to finish by landmark of large white/silver roof on shore, we call it the slip'n'slide (the A-frame style Catholic church)
whoops, thanks....
I am going to try to sail at the secret spot this weekend. Will be staying at Davis Bayou National Park. Eat breakfast at Denny's "don't have one in Tuscaloosa". Be at the spot around 9:00am.
save some room for the "Vancleave special"(stuffed crabmeat and cheese po-boy) from the ole biloxi schooner saturday night!http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76509&g2_

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Is that a good place for tired sailors to eat?

edited by: skarr1, Sep 22, 2010 - 05:08 PM
make sure to get the cheese/gravey fries and a long neck barq's root beer(called an "amberjack") and you will have sweet dreams! note side order fried oysters...http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76513&g2

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Aren't you going to sail Saturday Coastrat?
oh yes...we'll be there in force...watching the weather to decide the itenerary, if its light winds and or rain, we'll stay around biloxi bay/deer island and party around the osyc.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat, please stop, you're making me hungry!

--
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72653 here...a couple of these will hold you over til lunch...here...a couple of these will hold you over til lunch...hey, lucky pickles jam fri night-sat on the coast?

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Now I'm thirsty, dang-it!

Yes & Yes.

PS: the Mommy Magnet is back in working order.

--
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76525&g2remember "laying" oil booms earlier this summer? bp owes us a beer!

edited by: coastrat, Sep 23, 2010 - 01:06 PM

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
WOW, if I'd known how huge that swimsuit makes my butt look, I would have never worn it for the photo shoot. icon_wink Afroman likes tall cans.

--
--
Saturday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 89. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
My truck is ready, my boat is ready, camping stuff loaded. Just have to pack some clothes, and food. I might be able to leave Tuscaloosa around 2:00pm Friday. Hope to see everyone Saturday morning.

Is there a secret signal so that you will know that I want to be a temporary member of

THE SECRET FLEET

edited by: skarr1, Sep 23, 2010 - 08:12 PM
just stand on hw 90 and howl at traffic for a few minutes...we'll be right there!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I hope I this is not the official uniform and salute!!!
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76525&g2
just doin' our part...the only way we know how...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
We really need a heads up or warning on some of these posts! There may be people around who will be frightend by some of the images! If not emotionally scarred! icon_lol icon_lol

One day boys, I will make the trip from Memphis to seek out your secret launch spot and attempt not to be Bull Shark food in a sail out the Ship.

Will look forward to learning the art of cooler mounting and re-acquire my taste for the blue ribbons. icon_cool

--
David
Memphis, TN
'84 Hobie 18
--
never fear ladies...your captain is a highly skilled professional! recipe for the day: PABST-A-RITTA- ice cold pbr with sea water floater...can induce halucinations and grandious delusions such as "that hot chic is totally checking me out!". the fleet sails saturday!http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76572

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

Frightening. icon_cool

Have fun....one day I will be there.

--
David
Memphis, TN
'84 Hobie 18
--
skarr1My truck is ready, my boat is ready, camping stuff loaded. Just have to pack some clothes, and food. I might be able to leave Tuscaloosa around 2:00pm Friday. Hope to see everyone Saturday morning.

Yes it is help me put this ******* mast up.

Is there a secret signal so that you will know that I want to be a temporary member of

THE SECRET FLEET
edited by: skarr1, Sep 23, 2010 - 08:12 PM

--
Nacra 5.2
--
osyc it's a special handshake and the required double secret probation toga-styile sails
Leaving now.

edited by: TylerH, Sep 24, 2010 - 07:07 PM

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
allright! tyler hitting the road also...the fleet is expanding...as soon as we get to full strength, were taking cuba back!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hope the weather is good for you guys.

edited by: TylerH, Sep 24, 2010 - 07:07 PM

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
Nevermind.....
Look's like i WONT be going....

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
its GO time! next stop secret spot...we have about 8 or so folks from hattiesburg coming down so its a beach party super dance off! look for the people having the most fun!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
This picture appears to prove that the Loch Nes Monster has moved from Scotland to the Gulf Coast.
skarr1
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76525&g2

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--
"nessie" moved into an efficiency appt off howard avenue and has a steady job at the hard rock casino parking garage...we still see her every now and then..GREAT day of fun on the water today! golfdad75 made it, we met teri and company, lost my zipper car to the jib and went uni, backasswards is just that, ate my vancleave special and schooner fries, good times indeed! see you out there soon!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
its here! all week(10 day outlook) ~15kts north wind, friday 15-20kts, clear blue skies, temp 82-85f. the perfect beach cruise for cruising the coast antique car shows! the winds are kicking, the seas 3-5, the sky is blue and so are you if you don't get out in it...FIX THOSE BOATS! GAS UP THE CAR! YOUR FANTASY AWAITS...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I propose the fleet embark on a cosmic seafaring voyage of "Sailgating" as a warm-up to tailgating with John Cox this Friday the 1st. Coastrat?

--
--
-ahem-

I have no personal stake in this, it's not even my club... but it was very nice of Pass Christian YC to invite multihulls to Round the Cat (30 mi around Cat Island)

so if anyone can make it over to PCYC, come on over. 0830 registration, skippers meet 0930, staggered starts (1st start 1100, we'll be well after the leaners) beer after racing, and we should be first back icon_wink

the pass guys are surprisingly excited to see multihulls... it's a foot in the door and we need all the help we can get
splendid idea backasswards! friday it is, lets leave early. fixed my missing zipper car so we can sail with both sails this time... tami, once again, my regrets for missing the race saturday, ya'll have a ball!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
tami are you on the tri or the square on Sat ?

tami-ahem-

I have no personal stake in this, it's not even my club... but it was very nice of Pass Christian YC to invite multihulls to Round the Cat (30 mi around Cat Island)

so if anyone can make it over to PCYC, come on over. 0830 registration, skippers meet 0930, staggered starts (1st start 1100, we'll be well after the leaners) beer after racing, and we should be first back icon_wink

the pass guys are surprisingly excited to see multihulls... it's a foot in the door and we need all the help we can get

robpatttami are you on the tri or the square on Sat ?

trimaran. we haven't sailed the Sq's in, oh, prolly more than a year.
Dear Coastrat, I am happy to inform you that the Mommy Magnet will arrive at the Harris Manor proptly at 8:00am the first day of tenth month. Thanks be to Neptune! Over.

--
--
monday, monday, monday, get u some! it will be cooler too soon, go sailing as many times as you can before old man winter crashes the party!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
sunday sunday sunday! look for the blue ribbon and find the party! get it while it last! we will assault the beach at deer island round noonish and tune in the big 870 on the am dial for saints/bucks...sailgating action!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
sailgating on deer island...saints win!http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=77121&g2_

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat man,

Thanks for a great day of sailgating, twuz splendid kiffer2

--
--
my girl wants to go again this saturday! i passed on an inhalers gig at tal's so we are ready hail lets launch the br and the backasswards! there is a regatta at the osyc that day so there will be much boats out...get u one of those avatar chicks and lets observe the wild life on deer island again! banana

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
my girl wants to go again this saturday! i passed on an inhalers gig at tal's so we are ready hail lets launch the br and the backasswards! there is a regatta at the osyc that day so there will be much boats out...get u one of those avatar chicks and lets observe the wild life on deer island again! banana prost

Edited by coastrat on Oct 20, 2010 - 10:30 AM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Sounds like a good day, I'll have to get there early to clean out at least 50 lbs of empties from the hulls, otherwise, capsize she might. boohoo Yes, I should sail her one last time before I attempt to sale her. She's a good boat, just not designed for grouphug or catchchicken or kiffer2 (me) & girl

See ya there konfus

--
--
near coastal marine forcast: saturday through tuesday se winds at 10-15kts
banana banana banana
GET DOWN BANANAS!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
klatsch

--
--
Hey are you going Saturady? What time?

--
Nacra 5.2
--
going to try and get out of town by 9, puts us there @ 10:15 ish, hopefuly earlier. don't think we will race. get the keel glassed yet? must have! i'll hollar at you sat morning. dance

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
backasswards: my bride has secured an organ donor for you saturday...she is one of your latest conquest...i'll give you some hints:

not a "gilf".
not beyond paxil, abilify, zanax, and etc..

mayby you will remember the money shot this time!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
prost going to be a great sailing day today! shearwater regatta at osyc, 15 kt winds, highs around 83f, clouds start moving in tomorrow. wish i was raceing but am entertaining the ladies(tuff job but someone has to do it)...so come on out and improve you fall tan! great ocasion to socialize!

Edited by coastrat on Oct 23, 2010 - 07:57 AM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=77458&g2]http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=77454&g2
great sailing on the bay, windy, warm, and high tide. sunset sail back to the beach was awesome!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
We should have also sailed on Saints Sunday, maybe watching the game is what causes the Aints to play uninspired and pathetic ball. No worries, they can bounce back with an easy opponent next week. lachen

The good news is that sailing forwards can be fun, even though you hogged the gals on your big fancy boat. Damn You!!! hail

--
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=77463&g2_
right on backasswards...the team play its best when we sail. think this is a better easy chair for saints sundays any how!

next season we will get you a big boy boat and load it down with lovelies and refreshments! girl girl love3 girl
banana prost

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
pray yes

--
--
http://gallery.me.com/chandlercollins/100244/Gunboat_P8E1892/web.jpg?ver=12373915640001

this is your next step up from your p-15...a few bucks more but worth it!....come on, your son probrably won"t apprecia8 an ed u kashon nearly assmuch az u wood appeziate a new beach cat!!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
http://gallery.me.com/chandlercollins/100244/Gunboat_P8E1881/web.jpg?ver=12373915460001

for a few dollars more...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Looks as if yall always have a good time down there. Maybe next year I will be able to make it down to sail and drink a couple beers with yall.
the secret spot has lots of choices and islands for any conditions. we love it...you can play it safe around the bay or venture out into the sound to horn/ship/cat islands and into the gulf, cruiz the beaches, hang out on deer island...there is everything you need right by the spot(gas/food/marine supply stores/grocery store/liquer store/hotels/casinos/great fishing/floundering/camping/etc.) golfdad75 knows it well! and yes we have good times!!! see you next spring!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
You guy's sure look like your having fun out there!
I'd love to be there!

--
Tyler holmes
Panama city, FL

Boat whore
--
Coastrat, like your idea about the big, big boy cat; pretty sure a boat of that magnitude would have a really, really, really large magnet on board. nikolaus

--
--
I know where a medium sized cat might be for sale, right on the south side of the back bay. She'll need work, but she needs to be saved. Well, it's not quite that bad.

She is one of these:
http://powercatamaran.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f9320668833011168684be2970c-800wi

A Malcolm Tennant "Great Barrier Express" catamaran. The group who own her may want to sell the boat, I'm not sure. I know one of her owners and if you're really interested I'll find out for ya.

She can be seen if you drive west on Bayview Ave, I wanna say she's near Maple St. She'll be the only cat you'll see. White with black antifoul (antifoul ain't working btw)
http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/11373.shtml
here is our playground! plenty big for anyone looking for a good time!

Edited by coastrat on Oct 26, 2010 - 10:04 AM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks Tami, we'll have to check her out the next time we are on the coast playground.

--
--
near coastal forecast call for 20-25kt winds out of ne on a clear sunny friday...got you ears on backasswards? 5-7 seas, perfect for pabst-a-rittas!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
What you talkin bout Willis?

--
--
I don't know where Willis gets his weather, but here's NOAA's take on it

GMZ500-GMZ501-280430-
SYNOPSIS PASCAGOULA TO SW PASS MISSISSIPPI RIVER-
SYNOPSIS SW PASS MISSISSIPPI RIVER TO ATCHAFALAYA RIVER-
1033 AM CDT WED OCT 27 2010

.SYNOPSIS...A STRONG COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO PUSH THROUGH THE
CENTRAL GULF COAST REGION AND ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS LATE
TONIGHT AND EARLY THURSDAY. STRONG HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN THE
WAKE OF THE FRONT THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. THE HIGH PRESSURE AREA WILL
SETTLE NEAR THE COAST FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY...THEN MOVE EAST
ON SUNDAY.

$$

GMZ532-280430-
MISSISSIPPI SOUND-
1033 AM CDT WED OCT 27 2010

REST OF TODAY
SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

TONIGHT
SOUTH WINDS NEAR 10 KNOTS BECOMING WEST 5 TO 10 KNOTS
AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 1 FOOT. PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

THURSDAY
NORTH WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS ROUGH. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. A
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY WILL LIKELY BE REQUIRED.

THURSDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 3 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS ROUGH.

FRIDAY
NORTH WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS EASING TO NEAR 15 KNOTS IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. PROTECTED WATERS ROUGH.

FRIDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2
FEET. PROTECTED WATERS CHOPPY.

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST LATE IN
THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 1 FOOT. PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SATURDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS NEAR 5 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT. PROTECTED
WATERS SMOOTH.

SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS NEAR 5 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 1 FOOT. PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SUNDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT.
PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.
Thanks Tami, I bet Coastrat gets his near coastal forcast from weather.com. Either way, if you like to go fast, Friday may be acceptable. icon_cool

--
--
looks like drag racing up and down beach blvd. on friday! blow wind blow!

woohoo

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
btw here's the link for the NOAA marine forecast for the Mississippi Sound (inside the islands)

http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=gmz532&syn=gmz500
thankz!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Did y'all get out yesterday? Was it expensive? icon_wink
we got there 9 am...the sun felt nice...the wind was a little too chilly for our heat loving, lilly white azzes. we chickened out and went fishing at the old broadwater marina, and caught NOTHING. but still had a great day of coast fun...don't laugh my northern cat brothers, i'm genetically engineered for the tropics and only like my beer cold!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
well it'll be a couple weeks before we can get out again. If Jay can get out on a Friday we'll see if y'all want to come sail on Miz Boudicca. Or do you ever sail on the weekend?
would love to sail on the Miz Boudicca with y'all! don't have a wetsuit and gear for cold water sailing on the blue ribbon...fixing to break her down for the season for some sail repairs and other upgrades, mayby get in another day or so before then. i'll be in touch!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Our Coast at sunset
http://www.youtube.com/v/NooC29N8niY

Edited by tami on Nov 03, 2010 - 05:58 PM.
sweet! love the music too...love me some deer island, it's like having a beer store next to horn island...convenient.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
ok..was holding out for one more day but think i will break down the ole blue ribbon for the season. sails and tramp off to sailcare, new mast base, new dolphin striker, new standing rigging, fresh lines, install trap(now that i have lost enough weight to fit in harness banana ), some trailor upgrades, and another saints superbowl win...that should do it!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Friday looks like a day made for sailing, high of 76, winds 10-15, come on mister! guitar

--
--
you have a point...there is still enough healthy liver for another spin! i'm headed to the coast right now to meet the folks for some high balls and steaks, this time mayby we won't puss out and put the boat in the water! prost

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
heul2 jumpclap kiffer2 sick kotz

--
--
It's an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS day, and I was driving past the spot and saw an empty trailer. So who's out there?
It's an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS day, and I was driving past the spot and saw an empty trailer. So who's out there?
sadly it wasn't us, had to frickin work, have to work tomorrow and play a gig sat night so probably no sailing sunday...it's killing me...just want 1 more day(or 10) before i break her down for repairs and maintenance...just 1 more!!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
You'll get time... I wouldn't even think about taking a real break until January. When I had only my small boats I sailed all year. If you think about it, Jan and Feb are the really icky months, wouldn't you say?
i have had many a 77 degree christmas...t-shirt mardi grass, short pants superbowl parties,...and a snow storm in april!!! if you don't like the weather, just wait a while. i have some pressing sail repairs but the tape still holds! the islands are most beautiful in the winter anyways...water is clearer, sky bluer, and mosquitos gone.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
next monday?...just sayin'...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
some osyc folks (glenn, chuck, and I) are kicking around the possibility of an overnight on Horn on Sat.... dep OSYC around noon-ish.... easy cruise to the Horn, fish, fire, and be mellow.
that sounds great...but sat is the last tailgate of the season and won't be able to make it...dang. but i am eyeing monday. sunday is off for me also. but i might be able to wiggle monday!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Yo Coastrat,

What do you think about the P18 pictures I emailed you? dance

--
--
it has sol cat sails on it that don't fit...sounds like a beater...keep looking urg

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks for your continued guidance Mr. Coastrat. hail Are you still sailing on Monday? Will the wind be blowing just hard enough to have fun...with? idee

--
--
sunny 77 southeast winds 10-15 kts...monday denk rambo

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Do you need crew?

--
--
If it stays warm I am going Saturday (if I can find a crew)

--
Nacra 5.2
--
We're planning on launching Miz B somewhere and sailing somewhere this weekend. Not sure if we're launching at house and going to Horn or launching in Long Beach and going to Cat.

They're calling for east winds and there's nowhere to anchor totally calmly at Horn in an east, but the wind forecast is light...

Edited by tami on Nov 18, 2010 - 04:20 PM.
ya'll have fun sat! wish i could make it...backasswards, yes indeed i need a brave sole to guzzle some pbr's with monday!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
If you don't like the weather, wait a minute

MZ532-534-192145-
MISSISSIPPI SOUND-LAKE BORGNE-
252 AM CST FRI NOV 19 2010

SMALL CRAFT EXERCISE CAUTION IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST THIS
MORNING

TODAY
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING EAST 10 TO 15 KNOTS
DURING THE MORNING. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. PROTECTED WATERS CHOPPY.

TONIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. PROTECTED
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2
FEET. PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SUNDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. PROTECTED
WATERS CHOPPY.

SUNDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS CHOPPY.

MONDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS NEAR 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.

MONDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS CHOPPY.
Coastrat, I have taken Monday off in preparation for sailgating. catchchicken

--
--
execellent....phase 1 or 2 ...i don't know phases...complete. now are you tailgating saturday? last home game, last chance for romance on the ole eagle walk!!! we will try not to burn down the college this time. biglove firedevil

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Phase 2 mostly, (if I understand the phase thing correctly) may be late to phase 1. Am driving son to NOLA airport for Saturday flight departing in evening. Should see yall during the second half.

SMTTT! director

Last Chance for Romance, fat chance, haven't you heard of Wesley Manor?

--
--
the king of tahiti and i have successfully blown off monday work! looks like west ship island...we recommend this...look for the blue ribbon and you will find some ice cold monday beerskies!!! close

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
So, it was indeed beautiful and I was so jealous so please tell me y'all had a huge time
wasn't as windy as hoped but it was a nice and dry sail to west ship...water was clear and not that cold! good times!http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=78054&g2_

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
was working on the coast today and had time to cruiz around a bit...the "backasswards" is safe and sound...the wind was howling out of the southeast...was thinking if i would go out in these winds when all the sudden i see the biloxi schooner "glenn l. sweatman" sailing down the channel and into the docks...they had the jib up and the the fore main only, what a sight! they were the only boat out there and they sailed into the slip...no motor! nice job fellas!!! now thats old school...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat,

Thanks for the status report on the lil' P. Membership has its privileges.

Have a Merry Christmas xmas and a Rockin guitar New Year!

--
--
Had the H18 DoubleTime out yesterday screaming around the sound... 'twas great until about 3:30 when the sun started getting a bit low... Today gave a little H17 a bubble bath and found some leaks... hulls coming off tomorrow for closer inspection. Can't wait to get that 17 on the water.
Oh yeah... next Tues (Dec 21) a few of us (two H18s and a 16 so far..) are planning to zip around the sound, scream up casino row, and probably pull up on Deer Island... there's talk of another overnight on Horn as the temps will be up, and the full moon too....
dang...sails are at sail care, boat broken down, waiting for new mast base and standing rigging to come in...the wind has been blowing big time lately just to piss me off...hope to have it all together earlier this year.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
the Nina and Pinta replicas will be at the Seafood Museum docks on Tuesday, we hear:
http://www.sunherald.com/
i saw them earlier this year at lulu"s in gulf shores...they were looking for crew to sail to panama city. some serious wood on those boats!! you would have to cut down a small forrest to build one and they are relatively small sailing ships.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Cool, we'll hail the ancients as we blow through casino row riding the southerlies enroute to the latest coastal sailing fill-up stop... WAFFLE HOUSE HIGHWAY 90.. OH YEAH!! top
shut the front door!!!...do you beach at the lighthouse/beau and walk over? another plus for the secret spot!!! that is awesome!!! love me some waffle house...bacon, egg, and cheese sandwitch with crispy hashbrowns...extra pickles.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
No, that one's too close! About 2 miles further west there's 2 of them on the beach... then another closer to Gulfport.

We got a late start (someone couldn't find their wetsuit) so we just blasted up the casino row, did a 180 and blasted back the other way since the water was so flat... and did a bunch of hull flying schenanigans out front of the yacht club.

it was blowing... and a blast. I rigged up an 8 or 9:1 main system... makes life lots easier!
was at the spot last week and noticed how nice the bp clean up has left it. besides the federal funds to build up deer island(which is impressive!), the spot has been combed over more than donald trump's head...all the concrete and most of the old oyster shells have been removed from where we launch/land. here is the before and after shots:

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79296&g2

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79299&g2

both shots were at low tide with the after shot even lower. looks like a great start to the new season!

Edited by coastrat on Feb 09, 2011 - 10:34 PM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks for sharing your documentation of the improvements Coastrat. Barefootin may be in order, but don't forget the gloves! top

--
--
If all goes welll I will be there Sunday. I have replaced my standing rigging, trap wires, moved the jib wires, resewn the tramp, fixed the leaks, replaced a rudder. put on pivimatics, and ordered some poliglow (turbohobo this is on you if it doesn't work). Here goes

--
Nacra 5.2
--
i'm also looking at sunday...mayby a little later(~12 or 1pm). first time out this season...the liver is evil...it must be punnished.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat, greatjob Saturday night! Thanks to you, The Hounds, and Granny for a wonderful evening; still a lil' stiff from dance floor gymnastics, damn you Brandy! peitsche

--
--
thank you your highness, you were amazing on the dance floor! banana

nice job sittin' in too! ALERT>>>>> wednesday 15 mph ssw winds ... public utility could have personnel shortage...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
So you may find yourself flirting with the new isle this humpday? Sounds like I'm starting to feel the effects of food poisening. dead

--
--
[imghttp://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76509&g2_][/img

]it's on today...all hands on deck...forcasted winds 17 mph out of sw...77 degrees, sunny, vancleave special at the schooner later...play hookie, you won't MISS work a bit... i guarantee!!!

Edited by coastrat on Mar 23, 2011 - 07:27 AM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
You have talked me into it, what do I need to bring? See ya bout 10?

--
--
hollared at ya last night as you were leaving the club, I was arriving....

we're doing an overnight at Horn... out Sat Apr 8, back on the 9th. Dep OSYC about 11am.
may or may not have powerboat support for coolers... etc. don't know.

just bring some cheese, sausage, crackers, drinks, fishing poles and bait.

Edited by robpatt on Mar 24, 2011 - 01:39 PM.
yeah rob, i saw ya! we had a honking good time yesterday...sans tearing my freshly restored jib and losing my trusty old leatherman, it was ripping out there! we were trapping out with the main only, launched at the spot and almost beat the cars to osyc! ahh...something magical(and expensive) about steady 20kt winds. first day out and was a bit rusty(see torn jib and lost leatherman).

talked to glenn and he told me about the horn trip...sounds great! just have to sew up a jib... attack

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79597&g2_

Edited by coastrat on Mar 24, 2011 - 07:50 PM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
never mind... got effed

Edited by tami on Mar 25, 2011 - 01:41 PM.
Quotenever mind... got effed

dang S.O.B.s!...effin up a weekend!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Going Sunday afternoon, I wonder what I have left off, forgot to do, or should have tightened. Also if you guys don't mind would like to go with yall on the horn overnight.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
think the wife and i are going to osyc beach with some friends sunday...had a good time there last wednesday. traveling light tomorrow(no boat) so golfdad75 will have to give the ladies rides...hope you don't mind icon_wink

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Golfdad.... please join us.... we're leaving OSYC beach Sat morning... hopefully around 9, but more likely 10:30ish....

We have 2 boats going that are somewhat looking for crew (mine - H18) and a fellow sailor on an H-16.
Plan is just sail to the island... chill.... fish, explore, listen to some music... etc. The ranger will be on the island that weekend, already confirmed and we have her cell#. We'll file float plans at OSYC. 2 of the H-18s have commitments Sunday evening, so at least we are planning on a morning departure from Horn back to the mainland... This gets us back in time, and avoids the bigger afternoon winds... I'm not fond of out in the wide open sound, nor so w/a loaded boat....

you can e-mail me your real name and cell number, etc for more at w o b e s a n -AT- yahoo.com

hope you can make it.
-Rob
hey rob, you guys have a great time! can't make this trip, still haven't sewn up my jib(saturday hopefully), but hope to be out sunday. these cool evenings should make for some nice camping, don't let the coons steal your lunch!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks, will do. I hear there's also tons of rabbits out there. Sure would be fun to snare one... heck, could prob catch one w/the cast net. Dinner: grilled speck, seared mackerel, and roasted bunnies. We'll look for you on the water Sunday. Gorilla duct tape will fix that jib right up!
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79677&g2_

couldn't make it this weekend, had to boil some crawfish for those crazy kids slip-and-slide birthday party...ahhh, to be young!

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79680&g2

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79685&g2_

happy 21st catherine!!! we love you!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
QuoteSlip and slides are dangerous

only half as dangerous as the alcohol it takes to fuel them! fortunately no kids were harmed in the making of this party...uncle bill, on the other hand, will take a few days to heal.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
looks like a thursday night camp trip on deer island with womens and childrens! i'll be in ocean springs thurs morn and getting stuff set up with most of the campers arriving later. do you have to have a permit to burn a bondfire on deer island? i know you do for the beaches on the highway. anyhoo, we'll have jet ski, fishing skiff, and the blue ribbon in the fleet so there is something for everyone to enjoy. gonna do some floundering that night, will be the first time i have used the battery powered underwater lights instead of the trusty ole colemans, should be interesting. friday will be pure watersports day, winds out ot the se so a great day for hull flying up and down the bay. look for us and come on out!

Edited by coastrat on Apr 20, 2011 - 07:26 AM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Went out this weekend and saw Coastrat and golfdad on Friday. They were buzzing round inside the Biloxi Channel giving rides to their peeps. We took Miz B out on a circumnav of Deer I and she got 15kt with jib and main on the reach from what was the high range back to Blx #2. At #2, we set the chute and did some jibing practice back into Deer.

Saturday blew harder and with only two on board, took a reef and proceeded to see 16.3kt, that is, with reefed main and jib. whoo hoo. Ederer and Holstead were out that day, too. Ederer told us he pitched twice getting from OSYC to Deer. After chatting with them, Jay and I went round to the Back Bay for a calmer anchorage. It was kewl being there -the fish and critters were fun to watch.

Sunday, NOAA was calling for 20kt to lay around noon to 10-15, so Jay and I toured round the Back Bay all the way to Popps Ferry. It occurred to us that the Back Bay would make a nice racecourse for the small cats, with lots of navigation challenges, but is very doable. In any case, we turned round and motored back toward home, but alas, the predictions were totally incorrect. The wind had instead picked up to around 23, so instead of setting cloth, we continued to motor after the bridges to go on home. It was everything our poor little 5hp OB could do to push us about a knot against the crap. Wow.

FWIW, NOAA isn't worth paying attention to. The past year or so they've been consistently wrong in their predictions, usually on the low side. We're finding that SailFlow is more accurate by far.
went out on Sat w/Joe on his 18HT and saw Mark and Duly on Mark's 18HT.... Roby hootering along on the wave. What a blast.... then went out on Sun w/4 on Glenn's hobie 18 "the beast" that thing is like a freight train.... then went out again on Sun in the hobie 17... Great weekend. next weekend is the 1699 front beach bouy races... will be fun too, but hope there's less wind! oops... I said it, less wind..... my bad.

about 2pm the average w/handhend aneome... uh, windmeter was 14.6 on the OSYC beach...

Edited by robpatt on Apr 25, 2011 - 09:01 AM.
we had a blast! nothing like a hard/steady wind for thrill rides...had a lot of first timers in the group and blew there minds! good to see tami and golfdad taking the boats out for manuvers. a safety note: the new sand buildup on deer is still settleing and somewhere between high and low tides the bottom, on shore, turns into quicksand/mudd...not the black rotten egg smelling pascagoula variety, but a more pleasant tan non odorous form. be careful jumping off of the boat, you can sink to your chin!!! hate to miss the 1699 races but will be in mobile for the dauphin island race on a mono...come on butch! it will only cost you a small fortune if it's blowing like last year!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Went Friday with my young son who hates sailing. We both had a blast the wind was great and he enjoyed trapeezing while blasting down Casino Row. I think I can get him to go again.Saw Coastrat and Tami. On Saturday I took a newbie, After I thought he had an understanding of what not to do we went into the bay. It was ripping, the GPS (fwiw) hung around 16. He then informs me he cannot swim, (yes he had on a PFD) We came about and went back inside Deer Island. Still it was great but I am wary of non swimmers.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
Judy and I are registered Rat. Picked up a set of sails from Bill.
He's parting out the "Bada-Bing" and Judy let me swoop on'em :D
Last sat through tomorow is boat hull/lines/spars prep. Wed is rudder
day, prep and mount them. The sails will be in thursday, do all the
sail fitup thurs night. Friday will be tune day, putting in at Bucanneer.
Saturday, real sail day, first race, first time with new (to me) sails.

All Judy said was "No Spin!" . . . (sigh)
nothing like testing out the new rig on race day! just don't do like me and tear the jib while raising it for the first time after having it restored!!! wallbash

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
the ocean springs 1699 regatta is this weekend... for those who don't want the time/distance/etc dauphin island run, you can join in for a few laps off the beach. low key, good powerboat support, GREAT prizes by a renowned local artist, food, music at the club and in concert w/the city's celebration of D'Iberville's landing thereabouts in 1699. LOTS of types of boats, cats, small monos (420s, sunfish, flying scot) and probably a short "a" mark and a long "a" mark.
Coastrat, were you at DI? We looked for ya at the skip meet
didn't make the skip meet friday, too busy caboozleing with the fellas into the night, after a tour of assorted cocktailing it was passout time...saturday morning was rough...almost as rough as mobile bay...i saw the boutica making great time passing us up. we had no storm jib and crew/captain were unwilling to reef main(see hangover). captain courageous here made the executive decesion to bravely turn back to fairhope yacht club and rehab liver poolside...the tale of brave sir robbin...bravely turned his tail and ran. did manage to boil some shrimp and pan fry some grouper and we were FIRST back to the club!!!! never racing a mono on mobile bay again...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
well, we took the reef and it was one of the smartest sail calls I've ever made. The other guys were steppin' and fetchin' trying to depower and we were able to race rather than survive. Although when we got on the reach from the light to the finish, even with the reef the rudder skated out a couple times, had to get an ease on those.
....double trapped for 2 Awesome days of sailing/racing....1699@OSYC....

...heard Mark/Duly did well at DI...

folks are putting together an overnight at Horn weekend of May14-15... few boats signed up....

Edited by robpatt on May 02, 2011 - 03:16 PM.
Dauphin Island Race was 53 years old this year.

DI results here:
http://dirace2011.lfycinc.org/

Edited by tami on May 02, 2011 - 04:50 PM.
Put in from Bucanner YC. Made it to the start boat with time to spare.
Made a tack to park. . . looked back and all I had on the port rudder
housing was a stub.

Two DI Races . . . two rudder blades. Think the bay is trying to tell
me something?
Hi Butch,
yeah it is - avoid the floating logs. G.Zeus, whatta lotta stuff in the water! We saw some huge logs on our way back from DI. That would SO have sucked to nail one of them things at double-digits... oh wait, I did, year before last - nailed a semisubmerged something at about 12kt. Never saw it, and was lucky it didn't trash the foils
mobile bay is a rough place to sail...real rough...mono hulls beat you down and roll you like a wagon wheel...don't know why everyone isn't on a cat...seriously. talked to the cat spin winner and he made it to the finish line before the comittee boat! he was breaking down his boat at 2:15 p.m... next year i'm racing the blue ribbon for shure...i'll take my chances closer to the water.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Second outing on the 19mx today at about 2-3pm, and boy is that north wind a deceiving little devil. Me and a buddy decided to try it without a third person and i flew my first hull(ever!) within ~20 mins of being on the water. About 15 minutes after that we decided to tack and i guess i left the main cleated too tight and over she went. Took us about ~20 mins with perfect wind on tramp/sails and multiple attempts to right her back over(~320lb) with the factory righting line in the trampoline. Looking back it was kinda funny and definitely a learning experience, but i think it made me a little gun shy.

Any one else go sailing today?
Quote boy is that north wind a deceiving little devil

you got that right...learned the hard way to hug the coast with the winds out of the north.

looks like nw 15-20kts monday! have made plans to successfully blow off monday work and advise others to do same. makes for perfect bay hull flying...and flounder gigging.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Have fun out there Skipper, say hi to the Magic Man for me, maybe Tube Socks will be awaiting his arrival and ready to show him a swell time. kiss

--
--
in the middle of a transom repair, got a late start yesterday(hounds gig@nick's). liver repair ongoing...may not make it today but then, the majic man has not arrived. looks like boat repair/pool party/grill on this beautiful, hookey playing monday. uless, of course, majic man gets into full blown "WHOOOO HOOOO" mode, just after his breakfast beers. updates as they happen...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Rat, you gonna sail slip to ship?

--
Nacra 5.2
--
planning on it...it's on my anniversary...convincing the wife as to how romantic it would be for me to sail, then she can have whatever she wants for dinner off the dollar menue icon_cool

Edited by coastrat on May 17, 2011 - 05:21 AM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
dollar menu? Wow, you're nice. At least when I take the wife to wendy's on our anniversary I let her 'biggie size' it... and a frosty if she's good. icon_cool
The O Segredo Frota Fleet has placed and received an order from the $500 menu: P16. 1979 vintage. Blow Baby Blow!!! The Backasswards will be parted out and rest comfortably in the slums of Petal in the near future. catchchicken

--
--
congrads!!! bring it to the boatyard tonight!!!(and beer) icon_wink

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Mumkay Skipper, see yall this everning. yes

--
--
can't do the race...bummer...but will be hanging out saturday afternoon and sailing around the bay/deer island...good luck and see ya'll this weekend!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I might see ya out there, i usually put in off of Courthouse road though, depends on how rough the water is if i make it that far over or not.
all hands on deck...O SEGREDO FROTA will sail on biloxi bay tomorrow; the blue ribbon and her sister ship "sideways" will be conducting maneuvers so as to test at full capacity ice chest tolerences...that is all...over.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
"saturday morning" flu has decimated captains and crews...livers were evil and they were punnished...will re-try sunday on biloxi bay...come on out and enjoy the "healing" waters of the mississippi sound as we re-tell hank's adventures on the dance floor!(he doesn't remember...tee hee!). on an upbeat note: tony and todd camped on horn island and stuck 16 flounder last night and limited out on speckled trout(30)this morning...nothin' a saturday evening fish fry can't sort out!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
caught some o' dem cajun boys trying to launch a h18 w/ mag wings over the seawall in gulfport. I didn't stop by the first time, but i showed up about 30 minutes later and they already had that booger in the sand. I gave them a heads up to launch at courthouse rd pier next time.

boat descrip: h18 magnum yellow hulls/yellow sail with the rainbow pattern in one of the panels. Sail number and their names completely escape me though.

Had a great day out yesterday, starting to get a bit more comfortable with the boat, starting to see a trip to ship in my plans one day.

Edited by matt922 on Jun 12, 2011 - 08:46 AM.
come on down to biloxi next to the biloxi yacht club, the public launch is sweet!...just leaving now, will be there around11:30ish...look for the 2 "super seventies" p-16's!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
No sailing today, i went fishing early this morning and spent a few hours polishing the grime off the hulls on the prindle.

Re: next to byc...

How's the boat traffic over that way? sandbars?
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76436&g2_

the secret spot, come to think of it, can be a little tricky...lots of piers, a channel, shallows, deer island in your face, the most treacherous quicksand on the newly built up deer island,a fair amount of traffic...the good thing about is the launch. you can drop the sterns in the water on the beach with your tires still on the blacktop...no cat trax needed. it is getting more crowded these days...sooo...nobody go there...your old place is fine. i mean, it is the secret spot afterall.

Edited by coastrat on Jun 12, 2011 - 07:59 PM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Yes Coastrat, apparently the secret is out. Might be time to purchase some beachfront property and leave the cats there. Ocean Springs looks like a swell spot. Very pleased with Sideways, she stays dry and doesn't pull either way. Thanks for all your technical support! woohoo

--
--
nice job yesterday! hate you missed the fillin station, you would have loved the waitress...anyhoo, frying up those specks tonight if your hungry.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hey Coastrat, Matt922's launching spot looks pretty good from google maps aerial pics. Over 45 trailer and tow vehical length parking spots and it appears there is a small spot to back up to the beach. This boat ramp is 11 miles from the not so secret spot. I propose we try it one day when we play hooky from work. kiffer

--
--
Yeah, its 35ft or so from the water, there is a concrete slab that drives off right into the sand. There is also a boat ramp if you guys are that hardcore/skilled.

The two things you guys might not like is... People at certain times on the weekend and that it requires cat trax. Sandbars extend almost all the way out to the poles as well.

Since you guys dont live down here, i'll go take a pic of the sweet spotâ„¢ tomorrow.

edit/// already have a pic sorta...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/matt9229/DSC_3419.jpg

Edited by matt922 on Jun 13, 2011 - 04:54 PM.
Thanks for the info on the launch ramp Matt922. Happy sailing!

--
--
forcast calls for wind...lots of it! going out tomorrow, possible horn island trip with ssw winds. bring extra ballast(beer) and rip across the mississippi sound!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
we're going to make an attempt for ship island tomorrow.

i've only been to horn once quite a few years ago, so nothing quite so daring just yet icon_razz
it will be a straight shot no tacking for you today from gulfport...make sure your heavy enough cause it's gonna blow around 18kts...west ship has no trees so the only structure you see is the fort...east ship has some trees left but the storms have left both so far apart that you can barely see one from the other. same for us, beam reach to and fro. wrap your beverages up in the ice bag w/the ice to keep waves from melting ice fast...one thing we learned. have a great trip!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks for the tip, bud! I just got my trap harness and there are two people going with.
Demasted... ~8 miles out near the tip of east ship. Floated for an hour and a charter boat captain came and gave me our GPS coordinates to give to seatow. From what google maps tells me, we were right between horn and Eship, which i guess would explain the seemingly heavy boat traffic. Ended up waiting another hour or so and some awesome guy and his family pull up, and immediately ask us if we have a rope. 2 hours later we landed at O SEGREDO FROTA.

sidenote: Bill, we indeed saw the patch of (dead?) trees on East ship, seems like it has some pretty large sand dunes too? We were very close to this when we demasted.

between a broken 101" batten i JUST replaced(and broke again), tear in the sail, broke mast base(piece that rivets into mast), hardware that keeps my nacra foil on, and a new hiking stick its gonna hurt the wallet. OUCH!

How common is demasting.. is it one of those things that happens to nearly everyone, or just me?

Starting to think "JONAH" would be an appropriate name for the boat.

Edited by matt922 on Jun 18, 2011 - 11:40 PM.
one of those days right!...we were just a little luckier than you. got there and had the boat ready in great time(35 minutes), knew something was up... launched and realized my main was fouled so tried to untwist underway...droped the shackle pin...had a small spare...got back to spot and got another shackle...launched again...went past beau and started heading to horn...when we passed up east deer, heard the ominous "POP" sound...been there...last time i heard this we demasted just shy of west horn island. so we abort and head back. just as we turn into the spot the newly reriveted travelor base becomes unriveted. still not sure if that was the "POP" but glad to limp in unscathed. just got finished installing new mast base/step with rivets from murrays. turns out the rivets they supply are not long enough...now i need to replace all the rivets i just replaced...gonna order new standing rigging monday morning just because.

like i told matt yesterday, if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Bad news, I did dismast in 1979 but I think my bro in law cut my shroud. Glad you guys are safe. My son is playing in the USGA Public Links this week in Oregon. After that I hope to see you guys at the spot.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
Coastrat, what size rivets are the right size for the mast base?

did you use the aluminum rivets that Murray's sells or did you find some stainless ones?
i used the ones murrays recommended. they were 3/16" by 1/2" panhead i believe, have to check that. if the old holes are corroded or wallered i would up grade to the 1/4" stainless. when i did my new mast/stepping bases i also re did my travelor base with the same 3/16" rivets. turns out that my old travelor base holes were wallered/corroded so the new rivets promptly came out on the way to horn island. i upgraded them to the 1/4" ss with a little longer pull than 1/2". i'm considering redoing the mast/step bases with the 1/4" also but they seem to be tight so i'll let sleeping dogs lie. the el chepo hand rivetors don't quite cut it for stainless, i borrowed my brother in laws heavy duty gun and it made it an easy job.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Since the mast step base is aluminum, you will want to isolate stainless rivets. (dissimilar metals and all that) Tef-Gel is well thought of for the application.
hey tami, tef-gel...what is it/how does it work/where can i get some? i am interested. are all the original rivets aluminum or ss? they drilled out pretty easy... thanks!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
It's not the best thing to install dissimilar metals, because there is a galvanic (I believe that's the term) reaction which occurs, and corrosion (known in engineering circles as "white stuff") is accelerated.

So you isolate the fastener with some sort of goo. Tef-gel is highly recommended for this. I think it's at West Marine, just do a Google search for "tef-gel".

Just dip the rivet in the goo and install as usual. I expect a bit should squeeze out the sides, just like you were sealing with silicone. Which silicone will work but not nearly as well as Tef-Gel which is specifically designed for the application.

here's their website/info page
http://www.tefgel.com/contain.php?param=tefgel_infor

edit: I forgot to answer your other question. Depending on the make, there will be stainless or aluminum rivets, I've seen both. If you think about it, that joint really only takes strain when the mast is raised or lowered. otherwise it's in compression. So being bloody-minded about the fasteners isn't really that necessary.

Edited by tami on Jun 30, 2011 - 07:34 AM.
thats what i thought...the travelor base is another story. will get some tef gel next time at west...thanks!!!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat, take a look at these pics for me.. I'm trying to figure out if the 18.2 and 19 rudder castings are any different than the 16 and 18.

Besides the fact that mine appear to be backwards.. port on stbd side and vise versa.(They only go on one way w/ tiller stick in a usable position, one of those previous owner kinks i need to iron out).

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/matt9229/IMG_0385.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/matt9229/IMG_0387.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/matt9229/IMG_0384.jpg
castings are the same(parts list) but pintles, arms, blades are different. the "p" on the castings is on the exterior sides, so you should swap them...

anywhoo, will be at fairhope yacht club tuesday sailing the blue ribbon with some friends and my brother is up from brazil with the fam. look out!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
coastratcastings are the same(parts list) but pintles, arms, blades are different. the "p" on the castings is on the exterior sides, so you should swap them...

anywhoo, will be at fairhope yacht club tuesday sailing the blue ribbon with some friends and my brother is up from brazil with the fam. look out!

yea, had a feeling about that. Not sure if you noticed, but in the past week or two, prindle parts at murray's went through the ROOF. The mast base i bought about 2 weeks ago alone went from $35 to $57. I'm pretty sure the price on the rudder castings went up significantly too. Mine are kinda wallowed out so thats on my short list.

Thanks!
what's up with your castings? mayby there is another solution, tony(the big red head dude that works with me) is a damn genious(no kidding), he might save you some big time cash. we call him "majicman" for good reason! ha can fix ANYTHING: he's like rainman with wrenches.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Try shimming up the blades. By this I mean cut some circles out of milk jugs plastic and put 'em between the blade and the castings

here
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattson/hobie/archives/v1-i7/feature1.htm
mine are pretty wallowed out

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/matt9229/IMG_0392.jpg

Thanks for the link, Tami. As mentioned in the article... Steering off the beach is one of the hardest things for me(using sails to steer) and i generally end up using the rudders, but not locked in.(probably what led to the wallowed out castings). Lately we have been trying to walk the boat out deep enough where the rudders lock in first try.

Edited by matt922 on Jul 15, 2011 - 11:43 PM.
yours look great compared to mine! if there is some slack you can shim up with milk jug/nylon fender washers, did wonders for me...you can still steer in shallow water just de-power the boat(travelor out and sails loose) just don't go backwards with the rudders down. when beaching in shallow water with the wind coming from off shore, turn into the wind when the rudders pop up and lock them all the way up quickly then hop off boat and grab windward bow and back the boat to the beach. your castings are fine(until they break!), save that cash for school supplies(chicks and beer)!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I am amazed at the things I read on this forum. Either I am really ignorant or yall make sailing too hard. I always just thought thst you used your rudders untill you got deep enough snd then locked them down when you could. Now I learn I should use the sails. Tomorrow Area 51

--
Nacra 5.2
--
Nah i just think too hard, ignoring obvious short cuts(beer).
all hands on deck...general sortie call for saturday...10-15mph nnw winds not to mention races @ osyc...fix those boats and come out and break 'em!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
might make it out tomorrow in gulfport, who knows. I've been trying to get out for the past two months to no avail.
looks like a perfect ship island day...come on matt! you can tow me in case the new bridal wires don't hold up my mast! or we can raft up and use the booms and jibs to sail home if both mast fall!!! i'll be at the spot around 11ish. if if's too rough then we will stay around the bay/osyc. forecast 15-20mph-2-4'seas....perfect!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/315862_139388072821790_100002517945327weatherman teased us...no small craft warning as advertised...so stayed around the bay and watched katrina regatta. at least 19 boats at quick count. winds were shifty w-n mostly around 6-8 mph with sparse gust to 12-15, about 100 degrees and no clouds-brutal. did get an upclose with duly's "gunboat"...wow, kevlar hulls, all carbon fiber mast-beams-boom-spin chute-tillers-etc.. totally rigged weighing in at around 225lbs...looked like it would fly off of the beach if a gust came. duly still learning the boat so now's the time to beat him! sorry we missed you at deer island rob and duly, was starving and needed to see our "dolly pardon" style waitress @ the fillin' station-love that place icon_eek . ready for the sept,oct,nov winds to show up..oh yeah, learned that bimare is pronounced BE MAR RAY...fancy I talion name!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
yea, we just hung on the island a while, jay and tami came up in their powerboat, then andrew showed up in his and we all kinda stood around picking apart issues w/Duly's boat... this ain't right, that aint' right... etc etc... I mean hey, when you're the rockstar in the limelight... gotta expect some critics... nah.. that boat is amazing.... then the winds held and we flew a hull down the channel, around the bridge, and back to shore... a great late afternoon sail...
Three cheers for Dolly, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip YEOOOOOWZAH, BOOM SHACK-A-LOCKA, GOOD GODT, JEEZE-LA-WEEZ, Shiver-me-timbers. biglove Gravity has been defied in Biloxi. Thanks be to God.

--
--
there is hooters the restaurant...and there is the restaurant with hooters...i think she likes us!!! we should give her even more money next time banana

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
agreed fallinginlove Pardon my dolly, Dolly. liar $ can buy happiness.

--
--
blarg. i really need mast up(beach) storage. osyc or lbyc? gyc is too far in the harbor for my liking.

made it to my normal launch spot and some dumbass beach patron was parked right in our little 8-10ft slab of concrete. (no parking zone).

Edited by matt922 on Sep 17, 2011 - 04:02 PM.
Matt, if you think GYC is too far in the harbor, you'd be real unhappy with LBYC, which is even deeper in its harbor albeit the beach is very quiet and nice

Edited by tami on Sep 18, 2011 - 06:17 PM.
i'll be on the coast monday for some morning business, bringing the blue ribbon and hope to do some sailing if the weather holds. might be solo if crew chickens out...if anyone can wiggle out of work/school(matt), bring your boat or ride the mighty blue ribbon! won't stay out to late, gonna pick up the wife from work on way home...give me a hollar @ six -o 1 three o seven-5 eight five 5!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Maaaaaan, Monday is my toughest schedule bud. Class from 9-1 and again from 6-10. icon_frown

tamiMatt, if you think GYC is too far in the harbor, you'd be real unhappy with LBYC, which is even deeper in its harbor albeit the beach is very quiet and niceEdited by tami on Sep 18, 2011 - 06:17 PM.

Yeah, i had a feeling.. i don't go that way very often so i figured i'd throw it out there anyways. Thanks for the heads up though!

After looking at the dues for intermediate membership(age 18-26) and beach permit at osyc, it doesn't seem too bad when you consider the storage/convenience of mast up/on beach wheels.
and the other OSYC intangibles... and the pool.... after a sail... and the shower... after the pool... and the refreshments available... and the cheerful sailor company always hanging around.... and the few paranoid folks who are always making sure the boats are secured... there's always beachwheels around, and someone to lend you a hand... and trade a few stories with... Oh BTW... we're doing another (bring your own stuff... casual just show up and go.....) horn island camping trip on octber 1st... a few cats and a few powerboats... dep OSYC prob about 10 or 11am....

Edited by robpatt on Sep 19, 2011 - 07:54 AM.
Coastrat, hope you have a great day on the tramp Monday. Are you up to sailing this Saturday (9/24). This lady friend girl wants to go, but she may not be able to help set up and lift da Sideways. Looks like winds out of the north, good day for cruisin da coast. catchchicken

--
--
saturday is good for me, didn't sail today...so i'm dieing!!! glad to hear your still hungry like the wolf...thought you were joining a monastery...the front should be through by then. mayby you can turn her on by scaring the crap out of her!!!...that or just get her loaded kiffer2

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Super Butters, I guess if I'm lucky, ah shucks, maybe we biglove can hold hands as we run backwards into piers, swimmers, and other boats.
Thanks for your continued support Captain! Hope to see you and yours Saturday. Sailing's cool, mumkay.

--
--
so proud of you skipper!!! an actual woman(not creek nanny or blow up doll) this time! with a gentle north wind your precious cargo girl will think you are an expert sailor and overall swell guy jaja until you get loaded and the inner drummer comes out firedevil ! if things get a little boring, you can always go backwards through a few piers to spice things up fallinginlove what would duran duran do?...they'd stay hungry like a wolf that's what they'd do! bon appetite!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I'll stay hungry if you stay thirsty my friend, prost

Thanks for the encouragement Billy! klatsch

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I puke. rofl2 dead

--
--
A drummer with a P16, as a lifelong bass player I find that slightly frightening icon_eek

--
Mike Brady
Sugar Land, TX
Sailing off Magnolia Beach in Lavaca Bay TX
http://358degrees.blogspot.com/
P16 "Pooh Cat"
--
QuoteA drummer with a P16, as a lifelong bass player I find that slightly frightening

i know right! drummers are more of a jet ski mentality...impulsive, impatient, easily distracted(boobs)...they need us bass players to steadily guide the ship...to corral there savage spirit into the melody, to tell them what time and where the gig is...stuff like that. they useually are just looking at boobs. icon_eek

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
You guys have way to much fun! I gather from the various threads that you sail down on the coast in the Biloxi/Gulfport area. Next time the wife and I decide to contribute to that economy,(VP at Isle), I would love to look you folks up. We fly into GPT and rent a car so the boat is not an option, but I would still like to buy a round or two. Sounds like you know a good place!

--
Mike Brady
Sugar Land, TX
P16 "Pooh Cat"
--
your on! we haunt a few joints down there and believe me, i find the good food...it's genetic...mayby get in some boat time as well between your charitable contributions. the winds are just now starting to get out of the doledrums, october and november are my favorite...not as much lightning, water is warm, winds are steady and strong, skies are blue, and oysters are in season. hell, all you out there in radioland, the offer is out there for you too! we'll show you a real good time, guaranteed!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
What time Saturaday? I need to test my fiberglassing skill.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
oh, 10 ish...looks like a little wind(10-15) out of ne. come on terry, lets see if she floats!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/299682_2049682523484_1287090208_31935754_913991164_n.jpg

light and variable out of every direction besides west until 1 or so today and then the storms decided to show up 3-4 hours early

We were only out there for a little over an hour, but beggers can't be choosers.. first time i've been out since i demasted in June.
Rat I know she floats I was just wondering if she sinks

--
Nacra 5.2
--
ok. latest marine forcast for saturday as of wed evening...n winds 10-15mph..beautiful day.

things to look for:

can captain backasswards keep the sideways upright?

will golfdad float or sink?

will i order the ginger seared tuna or the roast beef poboy from the filling station?

can we convince matt to join the secret fleet saturday?

where are my socks?

these ?'s and more will be answered!!!....stay tuned!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
heh. I'm sure i always sound like a flake, but I gotta get ready for inventory at work and two tests on monday.

PS. i saw bob breck call for 12-20knot winds saturday icon_eek
no problem matt, just leave your boat at the spot and i'll take it on a shakedown cruiz at full capacity to test those repairs, then go to the filling station and give the "dolly pardon" waitress 100$ and tell her we are comming...i'll go ahead and keep her for 2 or 3 years to make sure she's safe...good luck on those test and we are proud of you for being a good worker!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
girl Hello Dolly, girl Well Hello Dolly, girl It's so nice to have you back where you belong, girl You're looking swell Dolly, girl We can tell Dolly, girl You're still growin' Dolly, girl You're still crowin' Dolly girl Won't you place your lovely frame on my face, Dolly girl I can't breath Dolly, girl Can you stand up Dolly, girl I love you but you're crushing my wind pipe, Dolly tongue2

--
--
dust off those boats and come out tomorrow! not much wind but a beautiful day forcasted...should have at least 3 boats from the secret spot, mayby get some folks from the osyc to rig up...you look better with a tan!!!

Edited by coastrat on Sep 23, 2011 - 02:28 PM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
i actually ended up going today... the weather was too nice to study.

i headed towards the beau/deer island sandbar but didn't see any flags flyin' so i turned around. Even managed to fly a hull on the gusts. By the end of the day i had a flat cat trax tire and lost a rudder pin icon_frown

also managed to get barbed in the foot by a catfish icon_mad

Edited by matt922 on Sep 24, 2011 - 07:41 PM.
surprised we didn't see you...we sailed to the coliseum around 2ish and cruized back. got out around noon and went to the bay but the winds were light(almost none) and variable...headed back down casino row when the wind picked up out of the s se. didn't see a single sailboat...nice day, just enough wind to keep us out. went to the fillin' station and they wew having a fishing rodeo, the jackie sherrel fishing rodeo, for all you mississippi state fans. ole coach was there hangin' with the locals...pretty cool. had an OUTSTANDING roastbeef poboy...love that place! scouted my "sailgating" spot in front of the coliseum for next sundays widespread panic show, free rides for hot chicks!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
hmm, we actually missed each other by less than an hour... i remember being in front of treasure bay a little earlier than 3.

We managed to turn around around the i-110 loop and made it back to gulfport around 4:15ish.. we were haulin azz on the way back!
Quotewe were haulin azz on the way back!

yeah, that west reach down the beach was nice, with the waves, i was laid out on the low side chillen'...hank got to skipper the money shot. needed that...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks for the helm time Billy, and thanks for the hang time Dolly banana ! We need to snap a picture of Dolly to share with the beachcat.com lurkers.

--
--
who's doing what this weekend?

cat island regatta, deer island camp, or just wastin' a weekend sailing icon_cool ?
near coastal forcast for saturday...ne winds 15-20mph 4-6' seas! i'm leanin' torwards round cat island race...a honking reach to and fro...NIRVANA! mayby do sunday "sailgating" in front of coliseum for the panic show, the place will be crawling with hotties wanting to ride...high of 78.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
if your crew drops out or you can't convince them otherwise, gimme a shout. 228 -three 1 three -24eight2

If not, we may meet up and grand stand the crowd on sunday icon_razz
sweet...i'm working in ocean springs this week and next and plan on bringing the boat down friday. want to step mast and get ready at the pass yc friday night so i'm not in a hurry sat morning. i'll be in touch as the weekend draws near, might be one or the other or both!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hey Bill,

you got third place! There's a nice prize waiting for ya at the Pass YC. Talk to David Taylor...

congratulations!
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=82560&g2_

HOLY COW!!!...i was happy to finish the race. you guys left us on the south side of the island in the 9' ground swells icon_eek , i was stoked to pass the other f-27 on the last leg but didn't think we had a shot at 3rd. that was INTENSE! loved it, been waiting for october to bring some excitement. the pic is my crew right after we finished... we could barely walk, stiff backs, necks...i'm not ready for the tybee 500! the race had it all...first leg drag race into the 4-6 seas, second leg in the BIG waves, third leg tacking with the winds coming and going, fourth leg pointing to the mark, and the final leg screaming to the club chasing down the other tri maran...all with the winds shifting constantly from n, ne, and some nw to keep you on your toes...gonna have to start working out to keep this up, AWESOME DAY! can't wait for next years race! didn't realize your boat was sooo fast!...thought i would hang a little closer than i did but you guys walked away from us!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Bill,

you totally left out telling about that "deer in the headlights" look you sported there at the start line
oh yeah...i almost had a good start(beside being over the line and getting an upclose look at your waterline!)...but the second one was better! in the mean time, you guys were long gone...then the 2 nacra 20's who were still on the beach when the race started, came rolling by...my strategy was working...always start the race in dead last, takes the pressure off. at that point i was stalking the other tri, caught him and passed him on the first leg, made the mark, then the fun began. it was you and the n20's with that big beautiful new benetean sense 50 leading as the waves got progressively bigger and bigger, the corsair was gaining ground, and it was time to make the mark. told the crew we would tack when we were between the really tall waves...ten minutes later it was f#@k it, here we go...i really didn't want to flip it out there...those waves made me and my boat really fell like the littlest boat in the race. at this point, i employed my second strategy for sucessful racing- identify the people who know what they are doing and follow them...but, the next challenge happened: winds started to lay down for the tacking part of the program...great...at least we got to rest a minute but that was the last i saw of the leaders. when we finally made the range mark, the winds were kicking and we were able to point to the next and last mark but the corsair was closing fast. we rounded the mark, seas laid down being closer to the shore, and the corsair stretched out a nice lead on us...not so fast!...we got into full pirate mode and hunted him down, passed him, and crossed the line feeling great about it! my favorite kind of cat sailing...FAST!!!...i'm still buzzing from it, love that race!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Data from the Gulfport Outer Range, which is just inside of Ship Island.
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=gpom6

Time is Greenwich Standard, so it's local plus 6h, so from 1700 GMT to about 1900 GMT I figure is when we were in the Gulfport Channel.

What's interesting here is the wind shift (WDIR degT column). Note the shifts. And that's measured at anemometer height: 13.7 m above site elevation (ergo 43' high). I'd say the shifts may have been more violent at sea level. All I can say is that the shifty gusts made it damn hard to guess what sail to hang, and I didn't call it very well.

The WSPD column is wind speed, measured in metres per second, please multiply by 1.94 to approximate knots. It would appear the max gust was about 17kt. But do also note how these numbers jump around, too.

Unfortunately, this station doesn't measure wave height, and the only buoys which do are too far offshore to be relevant. Personally, I estimate the wave height from start to D mark at 1-2 feet, from D to A mark at 2-4 feet, and in the Gulfport Channel (A to the Tower From Hell) at 2-4 with the occasional 5 footer. In the Gulfport Channel, the waves were short wavelength and thus appeared to be quite steep and were very hard to work in combination with the windshifts.

#YY MM DD hh mm WDIR WSPD GST WVHT DPD APD MWD PRES ATMP WTMP DEWP VIS PTDY TIDE
#yr mo dy hr mn degT m/s m/s m sec sec degT hPa degC degC degC nmi hPa ft
2011 10 01 18 54 360 5.7 6.7 MM MM MM MM 1018.5 23.0 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 48 10 6.2 7.2 MM MM MM MM 1018.6 22.7 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 42 20 5.7 7.7 MM MM MM MM 1018.7 22.6 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 36 10 4.6 6.2 MM MM MM MM 1018.8 22.6 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 30 10 4.6 5.7 MM MM MM MM 1018.8 22.6 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 24 10 3.1 4.6 MM MM MM MM 1019.0 22.2 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 18 360 4.1 4.6 MM MM MM MM 1019.2 22.1 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 12 20 3.6 5.1 MM MM MM MM 1019.2 22.1 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 06 20 4.1 5.7 MM MM MM MM 1019.4 21.8 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 18 00 50 3.6 4.6 MM MM MM MM 1019.5 21.5 MM MM MM -0.8 MM
2011 10 01 17 54 50 3.1 4.6 MM MM MM MM 1019.5 21.5 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 48 40 3.1 4.6 MM MM MM MM 1019.7 21.4 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 42 20 4.6 5.7 MM MM MM MM 1019.8 21.4 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 36 40 4.6 6.2 MM MM MM MM 1019.9 21.3 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 30 30 4.6 6.2 MM MM MM MM 1019.9 21.4 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 24 40 5.1 6.2 MM MM MM MM 1020.0 21.4 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 18 40 5.7 7.2 MM MM MM MM 1020.1 21.1 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 12 40 5.1 6.2 MM MM MM MM 1020.2 21.1 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 06 30 6.2 7.7 MM MM MM MM 1020.2 21.1 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 17 00 30 5.1 6.7 MM MM MM MM 1020.2 21.2 MM MM MM +0.3 MM
2011 10 01 16 54 50 5.7 7.7 MM MM MM MM 1020.2 20.9 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 48 50 6.2 8.2 MM MM MM MM 1020.3 20.9 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 42 40 6.2 8.8 MM MM MM MM 1020.3 21.2 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 36 40 6.2 7.7 MM MM MM MM 1020.3 21.2 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 30 50 6.2 7.7 MM MM MM MM 1020.4 20.9 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 24 50 5.7 7.7 MM MM MM MM 1020.4 21.0 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 18 40 6.2 7.7 MM MM MM MM 1020.4 21.0 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 12 40 6.2 7.2 MM MM MM MM 1020.4 20.8 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 06 50 6.2 7.2 MM MM MM MM 1020.5 20.6 MM MM MM MM MM
2011 10 01 16 00 40 6.2 7.2 MM MM MM MM 1020.5 20.2 MM MM MM +1.4 MM

Edited by tami on Oct 03, 2011 - 09:09 AM.
Thanks for the info Tami. And thanks to the Capt. of the Blue Ribbon, GREAT JOB Billy!!!! It sure was great to see all those beautiful vessels that quite possibly cost a lil' more than $500. klatsch

--
--
Bill, of note: the entry fee to the Tybee 500 is more than you paid to purchase your P16. Start saving up and commence your morning yoga routine to prep for the Tybee! kiffer

--
--
i have a bridal windvane and it was swinging back and forth almost nonstop...one minute you would have the mark, the next, not even close...if you were sailing the wind,you were all over the place-if you were laying the mark, you were constantly adjusting the sheets. i was watching peoples spinnakers on the first leg, you could almost see the shifts roll down the line. seemed like every time we tacked the wind shifted. experienced a strange phenomanon twice on the last leg...going along when we almost flipped over on the windward side and watched the windvane do a 360 then shot off again almost flipping the useual way...saw it coming the second time and it appeared to be a mini waterspout, saw the water swirrel upward, since it was a clear dry day there wasn't anything visible but the water...weird.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
captain backasswards, was finishing up a job on the coast yesterday and had lunch @ the fillin' station...i walked in w/ rodger and "dolly" asked "where's giggles?"...we fell out, she has a name for you! icon_biggrin

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Commodore Coastrat, Thanks for the update on the fillin' station scene. Dolly is so SWEET!!! girl She obvjiously misses me. As do I her. The Coast Rocks. As do I. catchchicken

--
--
todays forecast: east winds 20 to 25mph, 8-10' seas...I LOVE OCTOBER!!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
bill how long have you been sailing? 3-5' is plenty for me icon_frown

Edited by matt922 on Oct 08, 2011 - 09:45 AM.
i started sailing lessons at 7 yrs old, the year after we moved to pascagoula. joined the singing river yact club the same year. we stayed active in racing hobie, flying scotts, sunfish, and the bigger boats the whole time. by age 13 my dad trusted me with the family san juan 21'(great boat!) and my friends dad let us use his catalina 22'...about the time we discovered girls and beer soon after. my older brother sold hobies for a guy named warren ford(local cult hero killed in a car crash) and he was an extremely gifted stunt sailor- he could sail backwards, from under the boat, fly a hull as long as he wanted(he weighed 100lbs). in the summer, we used to rig the boat and wait for the afternoon squalls to launch...crazy stuff...it was the seventies, man.

now days, at 225lbs, it has to blow at least 15-18mpr to fly a hull for me, more if i'm in the trap. i have mellowd with age, believe me, and i enjoy every chance to get out no matter what the winds are, BUT, i LOVE IT when it's whistleing and your catching air in some huge swells with the spray in your face!!!....i don't like to race on calm days, i only have a chance if it's blowin'. right now i'm bummin' because i couldn't sail today...it's killin' me! i would much rather be on a cat in big seas than a mono...way more stable. next april, i,m racing my boat in the dauphin island race...the past 4 years i was on my buddies hunter 25 getting beat to death. i'm over that. i love my p-16 because it's a great platform for extreme sailing...i try to break it!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Quotetodays forecast: east winds 20 to 25mph, 8-10' seas...I LOVE OCTOBER!!!!

Lucky you. It's 80 degrees here the entire holiday W/E (out Thanksgiving), & the most we got yesterday was 5 mph, & that only lasted til I got 4 miles from my dock. Today, warm, calm, "with a chance for light breezes later on".
It's been good for the kids waterskiing & wakeboarding, but the sailing is pretty slow.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
--
Yesterday it was blowing, reached 18.3 on the GPS (I know I know it is fun to say) Never had as much fun on my boat (with a male crew anyway) It was beam reach to beam reach. The gusts according to windfinder was 25 to 30. Bill you should have been there.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
to add insult to injury, i was in fairhope yesterday and saturday boatless...been in gulf shores since then watching the trees swing. can't wait to get home and hook the boat up. one of these windy days ed you need to fly down and extend your season just a little longer and get on a race or two...satisfaction guaranteed! believe me terry, i should have been there!...i do plan on getting out more soon though, we need to tear up matt's boat some more also!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
now hear this...friday is clear and beautiful...north winds @ 10-15mph...already sucessfully blown off work. got your ears on hank?...matt?...call a sub terry?...that is all.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
friday?

Edited by matt922 on Oct 12, 2011 - 02:51 PM.
yup, saturday i have some social engagements...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
ok, it's on...looks like a possible horn island trip...ne winds @10-15kts. clear blue skies and warm gulf waters, sounds like a cocktail order!...make mine a double! take two weeks off, then quit!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
anyone gonna make an attempt this weekend? icon_razz
mayby sunday...not much wind but the sun is warm. they are raceing at osyc...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
friday 74 degrees, winds nnw @ 10 -15 increasing through the day, isolated showers...

saturday 71 dergees, winds nne @ 20 25 decresing through the afternoon, sunny...

great day to rip it up on the bay!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
well allright...it's saturday then!...perfectly clear skies, a little cool at 71 degrees, and a honking nw wind @ 20-25mph... the water will be slick close to the beach and somewhat smooth in the bay. skinny skippers, call your fat friends and vica versa it's time to test that standing rigging at full capacity. the king of tahiti aka capt backasswards(skinny friend) and i(vica versa) will be there, come on out! would be nice to have a chase boat in case we are drifting to the deep water horizon site unintentionaly icon_biggrin

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
You guys are killin me! Talking about sailing this weekend I've got 6 months to get ready. I was going to wrench on the trailer but I can't because they are calling for a Nor'easter and possible snow....It's October and I live in NJ Not cool

--
Bob Miller
1983 P16 Sail # 7312
"Miller Time" A work in progress; out of the water for 16 years
Barnegat Bay NJ
Beach Cat Lesson #1 - A free cat isn't
Find more Prindles on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/173120656090532/
--
Rat's crazy, its gonna be chilly this weekend. If it isn't, he will be once he gets splashed one good time icon_lol
when your fat...your ALWAYS hot!!!...now my svelt crew may get a few goosebumps but we will fill him up with antifreeze and dangle him from the trap holding on for his life...hell, it will be like a july day for our canadian sailors! kiffer

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
now hear this...sunday 75 degrees, winds out of the south 10-15....record the saints game and come on out! you hear that?...that's the sound of the season coming to a close so get in some sailing before you die!!!....that is all.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
i might be out tomorrow as well. If so, ill be wearing a wetsuit! the water is already 65-66 degrees

Edited by matt922 on Nov 11, 2011 - 04:44 PM.
well, went today, didnt really check the wind since it was supposed to be there...

couldnt get the boat back to launch site and just left that bitch on the beach
no way!.... it was blowin' like a mofo here in h-burg...was totally bummed i couldn't go...no wind? well, i under stand your frustration, i'll just go and get that boat off of the beach and take it outa your sight...NO CHARGE!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
coastratno way!.... it was blowin' like a mofo here in h-burg...was totally bummed i couldn't go...no wind? well, i under stand your frustration, i'll just go and get that boat off of the beach and take it outa your sight...NO CHARGE!!!

I dont know man, the last time i went out in 5-6knot i made it work for a little while.. the buoy said 4-6 for the whole duration we were out there but i just couldnt make it work for the life of me.

As we were setting up i saw a lead mine sailing across the horizon, but by the time we got out there he was furled up and motoring along icon_mad

The water is SUPER chilly btw. Feels good with the wetsuit on, but still pretty chilly.
pretty nice afternoon to sail dance

this whole leaving the boat on the beach thing is kinda the beginning of a bad habit too icon_cool
Quotethis whole leaving the boat on the beach thing is kinda the beginning of a bad habit too

that would change my whole situation...do i join osyc and get a big boy cat, leave it on the beach, and drive the honda to the coast? or do i keep the trusty ole blue ribbon and fire up the z 71 and go secret spot... the truck uses about 10-15 bucks more in gas on the round trip than the accord and trailoring the boat does not affect gas consumption at all on the truck(boat and trailor so light you can't tell your trailoring anything)...it's still a road trip either way and secret spot is the easiest way to launch the boat in the world...no cattrax needed unless super low tide...i'm jealous! there is a possible third option...my brother is contemplating a move from miami to st. lucia v.i., it looks good in pics, already found the awesome beach there, sell everything, load a 40' sea container, rent cats during the day and find a gig playing bass at night....wonder what the wife thinks of that? prolly just drive the truck...easier.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
heh, you still need a truck to haul big boy sails. You'd probably leave the rudders and boom on the boat at the club, but sails are still about 9ft long rolled up. Now, my car has a fold down back seat and i barely have room for a 7ft fishing pole. Food for thought unless the club has equipment storage.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/314669_318734161485447_100000

scratch st. lucia...while my brother and his wife were visiting they stoped by the office of the dean of the new med school(his old collegue at the university of miami) and were exchanging pleasantries when the cops burst in and arrested his friend. four days later, the friend was released with really scary third world prison stories...turns out the new med school was arranged by the ruling party and the competing labor party had his buddy falsely arrested and tortured in a poorly conceived attempt to discredit the new school and ruling party...so my brother feels like the university of miami has been a good place to work and america is not that bad a place to live. not to mention intermittent power, scetchy sewege, gansta locals, and jail cells with no lights with 2 slices of bread and 2 cups of dirty water to drink each day...he used to think parking tickets were b%tch!

Edited by coastrat on Nov 24, 2011 - 08:18 PM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Other than that what is the problem. I think you should go. Buy a house with at least two extra bedrooms.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
already found one...downtown mobile on government blvd...a real fixer upper!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
west mobile or bust, buddy

speaking of the U, i'm down here in miami right now visiting my buddy that goes there. Sipping girly drinks on south beach with a 25knot E wind is what dreams are made of.
oh mama, could this really be the end? to be stuck inside of mobile with the memphis blues again...

lookin' for a chateau, 21 rooms but 1 will do...

i ain't moving nowhere, mississippi is cheaper to keep her!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
well, its about that time again.... yes
dang straight...today was sweet.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
This is one of many times I wish I was down south.

--
Scott
ARC 21
Prindle 18
Annapolis, Maryland
--
you have to watch out down here!...those doe-eyed country girls will ease you right in, spit out a family, and make you fat! next thing you know you will be saying things like "hows your mom-em-dem?" while eating some pecan pie at one of your 23 nieces/nephews birthday parties! happens all the time...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
We call those moving down here and stayin' types: Damn Yankees

--
--
Bill them Irish/Italian northern girls can put a few pounds on you as well. I had to learn not to look around after I finished a meal or else she would go get more food. It's hell to have to pay good money to WeightWatchers just to loose enough weight to not have to worry about tipping the boat over just hopping on. At least I am getting down to the point where I can hop on!

--
Mike Brady
Sugar Land, TX
P16 "Pooh Cat"
--
it didn't help my case when i got the kegerator and pbr kegs were $45, was lucky they went up to $95...had to send it to a friends house while we were still under a ton!

Edited by coastrat on Mar 06, 2012 - 08:21 PM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
The good news is that her namesake, the "BLUE RIBBON" remains in the fleet! catchchicken

--
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=83906&g2_
laceing up the BLUE RIBBON and getting ready for saturday!!! steady winds and 76 degrees await. time for the stress test sea trials, mayby do ship island if feeling frisky! come on out, live a little why don't ya!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Stretch that tramp TIGHT kiffer2 Billy

--
--
Captain Coastrat,

It is time to tear that sweet lil' ole Gulf of Mexico's booty on up!!!
hammer jumpclap freu banana catchchicken
It ain't nothin' but a party.

--
--
QuoteStretch that tramp TIGHT Billy

You know that is kind of an oxymoron. Most tramps I knew were already stretched. icon_cool

--
Nacra 5.2
--
KAWABUNGA!!!...the "tight tramp", captain sideways, and i will be giving the blueribbon the full stress test tomorrow @ the secret spot...winds 18-20 kts southeast winds, lots of sun, and much beer ... dust off those boats and get u some!!! we prolly get there around 11ish...if your a feared, then say your a feared!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I hope to be there Saturday for the first time this year, fared my rudders, put a wearstrip on the bottom and reattached the decking. Now if I could just make it go fast.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
i have an eye on the weather...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat, I think it's safe to say, that we did in fact, give her hell last Saturday

--
--
yes captain backasswards...the liver was evil and it was punnished. the sailing was radical too!!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
supposed to be about the same forecast tomorrow, no?
banana

--
--
someone please go tomorrow(sunday)...small craft warnings, blue skies, just warm enough...shoot video/pics and post stories here so as to make me sick!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Too cold

--
Nacra 5.2
--
mayby next weekend...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
coastrat I went w/Glenn on Sunday... WHOO HOO... like a rocket.. foot an d DRIVE BABY... really really fast... just a few minutes to deer island... turn around and repeat till you're beat. then like fools we thought the wind died down (it did NOT) and thought that'd be a good time for some spinnaker practice... turn downwind... launch the chute... it's bliss and angels singing for about 3 minutes floating downwind on one hull... until we promptly learned a lesson, snuffed the honking sail... righted the boat, and high FIVED. Ah.. weekend complete. icon_cool

Edited by robpatt on Apr 23, 2012 - 07:53 PM.
i tried telling myself that it was too cold to sail...but i know that you don't have time to shiver when your holding on for dear life!!! crap...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
ok then...saturday...secret spot...for real this time...sunny,80 degrees, 10-12kt south wind,...that is all...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Susan and I are going to put the P19 in the Bay saturday- don't know when we will try to get to the 'secret place'; also got the sail out to see the number- 993, mylar too; got to visit a graphics shop and get some vinyl for the P19; did get to West Marine and Harbor Frieght today; replaced the shock cords on the trap lines, but got the wrong size for the center boards- and I had the old cord with me at the store.

--
Frank Underwood (Hey FU!)
1993 Prindle 19 'Barefootin'
Bay St. Louis, MS [the other St. Louis]
--
lots of racing on the coast this weekend too...1699 @osyc, good party...gulf port multihull regatta, serious one design...dauphin island race on mobile bay, huge race...i'm just cruizing this weekend. perfect day for up and down the beach or rounding deer island. i might go to horn if the mood is right. i feel good about the boat, especially after the other weekend. good luck with "barefootin'" this weekend! come see us sometime!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
enfofanSusan and I are going to put the P19 in the Bay saturday- don't know when we will try to get to the 'secret place'; also got the sail out to see the number- 993, mylar too; got to visit a graphics shop and get some vinyl for the P19; did get to West Marine and Harbor Frieght today; replaced the shock cords on the trap lines, but got the wrong size for the center boards- and I had the old cord with me at the store.

does it have a smyth designed mylar? (like the one in my avatar pic, whether it be a pinhead or square top)

we will have to meet up one day this summer and compare setups.

not sure how seasoned of a sailor you are, but p19s are a wild ride so don't make your first outing in too big of a breeze icon_eek

Edited by matt922 on Apr 26, 2012 - 10:23 PM.
Coastrat join us for 1699.... the wind will be sweet and the sailing fine... there's a few hobie 16s registered, so you could rock the P16. we have a few spin boats, a few non-spin.. and a few Waves registered... 3 classes like that....

course will be from middle of the area, go up windward , hang a left up to the beach... at the beach hang a left, sail by the beach and wave to the 1699 folks at ft. marapaus there (big ocean springs thing w/party, 5k run, etc, etc.. and the regatta)... and repeat the course.

we have a frenchmen dressed up liek D'Iberville to present awards in 1699 style clothing... going to be funny.

direct access to deer island may be tough w/smoking the sound... that side of the chanell will likely be blocked.

1699 gets you nice breakfast (breakfast cassaroles... grits, egges, coffee, etc.... beer while on the course... etc.. good folks good sailing.

otherwise.. will see you this summer.. sorry i missed you the other week.
cheers,
Rob.
Hey FU

Where do you launch in the Bay?
Any where to keep the boat on the beach overnight?
My Sis-in-law has a house in Pass.

--
Ron
Nacra F18
Reservoir Sailing Assn.
Brandon, Mississippi
--
that means the secret spot is nixed...i might be launching at osyc anyway. was thinking horn island for therapy and joining party later but i am easy icon_cool should be there 11 ish... happy jazz fest!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
sure man, come on down, no need to race anyway... share some sand on the beach and a cold pop, talk story w/everyone... gonna be great time... 5 spin boats, 5 non spin boats... and 5 hobie waves, kidds on 420s, etc... cheers man.. out.
see you there!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
matt922
enfofanSusan and I are going to put the P19 in the Bay saturday- don't know when we will try to get to the 'secret place'; also got the sail out to see the number- 993, mylar too; got to visit a graphics shop and get some vinyl for the P19; did get to West Marine and Harbor Frieght today; replaced the shock cords on the trap lines, but got the wrong size for the center boards- and I had the old cord with me at the store.

does it have a smyth designed mylar? (like the one in my avatar pic, whether it be a pinhead or square top)
pin head main with pattern O- posted the sail options seperately; finally got some pictures to post soon- 1st posting will be on the FB

we will have to meet up one day this summer and compare setups.
absolutely- sooner than later because I was very confused with what I have and what the OM indicated what should have been done!

not sure how seasoned of a sailor you are, but p19s are a wild ride so don't make your first outing in too big of a breeze icon_eek Edited by matt922 on Apr 26, 2012 - 10:23 PM.

Too late-- perhaps ignorance is bliss; no experience at all! we took off from the beach near the house and got knocked over before we even got under wind- then got 2 hours of pure excitement with no issues; even beat it back up to where we started

--
--
nacra55Hey FU

Where do you launch in the Bay?
Any where to keep the boat on the beach overnight?
My Sis-in-law has a house in Pass.

Ron,
there are quite a few cats on the beach on the pass side they not only stay overnight on the weekends, but are there continously; all owners have removed all rigging and sails etc, only the standing rigging and tramp remain- they have long screw hooks in the sand to tie the cat too- they want to keep them there when the tide comes up
the real challenge is a launch pad on the pass side or even on our side-- beach dolly is a must
in our case for launching- I pulled into the street perpendicular to the beach closer to Waveland-- backed the trailer right onto the beach, stopped short keeping the SUV off the sand, not wanting to chance getting stuck in the sand

--
--
now hear this... gonna escape tomorrow and hit secret spot...gotta train for slip-to-ship and test beer tempts. details, details. i advise blowing off work and joining, that is all.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
wish i could.

one day ill get out there, one day.
what time? where you headed? got a radio, what channel (no pun intended).

I'm leaving work in mobile at noon, p/u a bud at gulfport airport at 2 and headed straight to the beach... boat is almost ready now.... hoping to rig the spin if I can get it right and fast... have a cooler on chill duty at this very moment... secret stash in a secret spot on the beach...ready to go....

so when adn where my friend? doubleTime... ANYTIME... cheers -Rob.
got radio...monitoring ch16...i'll keep my ears on!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
now hear this...tetative coast trip for this weekend(sat or sun)...some showers so stay close in bay/channel...good winds 10-20kts...so as to test @ full capacity...over...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Bill We bee counting.. One thousand one.. One thousand two.. One thousand three.. I fugure 5 years befor Capt.. And.. Lose the radio takl.. Prindels have no radios.. Nore do their sailers. Get with it man!! Text is the way of the cool sailers. How you going to get a hottie on board with out a text or two?? Sides, if you did get one with that 10-4 -- over and out -- talk, she would be too olde to play on the tramp.. Prolly want a old fashion or a "pink hare lemonade" .. Perhaps you have a blender on the the "P" machine.. Actually a shaker would work. And she could check out your lats and pecks as the mix went down.. U got lats and pecks?? Fill the hatches with some ice.. Hiking straps hold the booz and mix. Nice plan.. Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
well crap...looking like monday...good buddy...

and hal...OMG! UR SO RT RE: TXN...CHX DG TXN!!! CB IS SO 70s!!! and my lats are a peckin'!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
monday works... hoping for some good weather, i'm looking for an excuse to chill at horn island for a while.
Mr B.. How can I be SOOOO right from this farr away. Have you ben handen out me cards.. Still have hotties callen but they bee looking for a diet center. May bee they looking for a nacra dude.. With no taste.. Those guys have no taste.. Even if they are from the fish fry !! Had to chill today. Was going to S F Bay for a spin with the locals. 15 to 20 with gusts of 35. No Way.. hard to keep the pizza on the tamp. Worked on the lateest arrival.. A H 18 Mag.. 1200$ I have put on a bit of weight at the BBQs latly. Need a raft type to suport the boy.. Especially cuz the crew is 195 lbs.. Two tenths of a ton is a bit much for the boat.. But she (the crew) is a bouncer and a bit squisheeee.. Nice.. Hav a good sunday at church!! Got to love it. Peace.. Harmony.. Love.. Good will to man ( and hotties. But "Monday" Get a real job.. Got a spot on the lot 4 U .. Thinking about a franchist in UT. Got Dustin thinken about it.. H

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
10-4 pal H

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
Hey Bill.. Check out the Prindel in the classified.. A 19 with alumimum runners. Heavy duty cruzer.. Think how many mor chicks you could get on the tramp with out sinking. Mabe take it up north in the winter and sail on some ice.. A larger keg on bord!! It is Calif.. Might buzz up there to check it out for you. Trade ya for some pro-fessional services. How much of my hoo hoo juce is it worth?? Love a trip to the middle ground to sail.. Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
thinking of building a cat/submarine made of beer kegs...it's a sub when kegs are fresh and becomes a cat as beer gets drunked! when the last keg is drained, boy is it fast, you just don't remember it though...

on another note...i talked with the zen master gel coat guy and now have a great technique for spraying gel coat! can't wait to try on capt. backasswards boat...wouldn't want to learn on mine for god's sake. think about how sexy the lot would look with some brand new looking 30 something year old boats!!! prep up a few boats at a time and shoot them all at once, BAM!!! 600$ boat is now 2500$ boat! just need some hoo hoo juice to come down on...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hose, hose, hose, hose, hose, my boat, with your love.

--
--
BILL... QUICK Grab those beach wheels in the ckas-e-ied.. They are the only ones wide enough for the beer-keg sub... The SUB !!What a great ider.. Under water for the forplay. Goen doun-wind. Sail home afterwards on top of the world. Going to take some training for hotties. How U goen to get hair dryers down there?? U Know.. Fluffy , that what the ladies like.. Also .. Rinse water. Gets that fish fry thing out of there..

I need to speak with the Zen Master. Got a few boats in the dealership that need a "can I get a witness" thing.. Especially my N5.2. Love the way she dances when I get her bow down in the H2O.. WoW.. but I sanded a bit too much on her but.. Bottom and her fibers glass pettie coat is showen.. Needs a Hi Priest to polish and cote her up. I, being olde and from the 60's thought of Mircle Auto. No Luck. They be out of bizzz.. All the glass shops aroun here be doing work on the glass with out the "g" "l"..

At the risk of boren ya-all ( Nice touch Hun??).. I ben meaning to try to get a "O SEGREDO FROTA" thing goen her on this coast. (Whats that mean Harry??) " Last weekend we would have been in the bar.. Winds 15 to 25.. Gusts to 35 40. Oh to live in the gulf. Is it the sun tan lotion than keeps the swells down.. OH NO. Makes thing swell. Got it. Know a guy in CA that would help with welding for the sub. A day or 5 on the mid coast and a bruski or two.. He bee there I will be driven him out there.. Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
Bill Bill.. My pal the welder stoped by for a glass of WooHoo or two. Great id-ers from great mindes.. What a bout a spin on the sub !! Be great goen down.. wind.. got to worry about finishen too quick. Goen up.. wind.. get that puppie in the snuffer, mid-pole.. What was it you said.. Polish the pole. Just sayen!!
H

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
20KT EAST wind...just sayin'...i'll be thrashing the blueribbon today!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
BILL. GET SOME GOOD BRUSKI !! No wonder your hotties are all 55-60 y old.. Blueribbon went out in the 60s.. Its IPAs and Pale Ale here and even Coors with Clamatto now a days. Hot!! 20 KT is not the answer. What am I payen U for. Got to take the lead here on my own.. We need to ne go ciate the deal. Scooped a H 18 on Craigs in CA ($1300) and one more on Beachcats for parts.. Honist Hals is on a roll.. H

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
well hal if it makes you feel better we had a sixer of bush tallboys...

a great day saturday on the gulf! winds not quite 20 but steady blowing...almost had horn island close hauled but winds shifted 1/2 way there so we turned around and had epic surf day back to osys...just need to stitch up my jib a little bit and i'm back down tomorrow...mayby go for ship this time..

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
It was a great sail. Good job Skipper Coastrat! And closing the loop with Robin at the Fillin' Station sure makes middle aged fat guys happy. I love you Robin. girl catchchicken

--
--
Looks like with a sixer on bord it dont matter how old the Hottties are.. Dident realize U were a sail maker.. So.. Up goes the price on our contract i pose.. And I do feel better. Did some homework on the H18 with some pail ale chilled jus right!! H

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
secret spot tomorrow!!! time to earn my parts and get this old boat tuned up for a friend. look for some guys on a boat...that's us...or not.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
i'll be glassing some dings on a sunfish at osyc after church...maybe will see you there? cheers,rob.
attention....secret spot is now closed! there are 2 barges wth cranes anchored up and the old piers are pulled up. not sure what the plans are but i hope they don't ruin it for us sailors...had a nice time @ ocean springs yacht club again, lotta nice folks down there!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Sux about the spot. I'm going to try to figure out what is going on there. I sure hope we will have beach access. Just not too many places round here that you can drive right out on the beach.... Maybe on the OS Side. Thanks for everything Rat!!!! I'm going to make west marine VERY happy. icon_rolleyes icon_lol I hope your crossbar works out right for you!

--
Prindle 18 aka Yellowtail. On the beautiful Mississippi gulf coast. Gautier / Independent Republic of Vancleave / Ocean Springs. Lot's to learn about these boats.
--
biloxiKuhn Street Pier & Boat Launching Ramp
Kuhn St. at US Hwy 90

Public pier & boat launching ramp This facility is currently awaiting repairs.

Currently, the ramp is usable and the pier is not. The pier will be rebuilt at a later date.

http://www.biloxi.ms.us/pr/ports/index.asp

Edited by matt922 on Jul 30, 2012 - 02:44 PM.
matt922
biloxiKuhn Street Pier & Boat Launching Ramp
Kuhn St. at US Hwy 90

Public pier & boat launching ramp This facility is currently awaiting repairs.

Currently, the ramp is usable and the pier is not. The pier will be rebuilt at a later date.

http://www.biloxi.ms.us/pr/ports/index.aspEdited by matt922 on Jul 30, 2012 - 02:44 PM.

Secret Spot Revealed?

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
That is correct sir.

--
--
i hope they just tear down the old piers and leave it as is, only kayakers and us use it regularly any how...looks like they dug up the old boat launches too, good riddance!!!... the last thing i want to see there is a nice new pier and boat launch = there goes the neighborhood. dang bp money!...go improve someone elses beat up pier! it would be sweet if they just cleaned up the piers/launch and forgot about it.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
It's such a convenient location I bet they clean up all the old pilings, build a big concrete ramp, and build two really long modern docks on each side of it, with ramp/walks all the way to the road to completely block out the beachcats. Does that nearby parking lot have trailer parking? If not they will probably build a big trailer parking lot too!

Anybody you could talk to and get some input? Beach access is precious.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
Yes, I'm going to send the Mayor a few of my girls for the night this Thursday. This will ensure the project goes to the liking of cat sailors. Mayor happy = beach access. girl dance

--
--
DamonLinkousIt's such a convenient location I bet they clean up all the old pilings, build a big concrete ramp, and build two really long modern docks on each side of it, with ramp/walks all the way to the road to completely block out the beachcats. Does that nearby parking lot have trailer parking? If not they will probably build a big trailer parking lot too!

Anybody you could talk to and get some input? Beach access is precious.

i hope not. the biloxi small craft harbor is less than a mile from there.
i heard that damon's prediction is the winner...if they just left the left side open like it is then it's ok...you can still angle the trailor over to the water. 2 finger piers 100' each with 40' new concrete ramp(planned). increased parking would be nice and mayby a freshwater hose would top it off! the water is deep enough when you leave the beach you can put down the rudders quickly which is nice when sailing between 2 piers. i found a few other spots like it along the coast but the location of secret spot is awesome and i would like to keep sailing from there.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
landraider...... a P18 w/a yellow tail... from the Independent Republic of Vancleave... icon_smile

pleasure to meet you this weekend...

this is a Latimer Boy, transplanted.... the OS folks are always like "you live all the way in Latimer"... as if it WAS a foreign country... well to them, perhaps it is. icon_smile
Damn shame Bill, sounds like they are hellbent on making you use your beachwheels in all that fluffy BP sand. Over here we just throw up the stick and back down to the water. Of course that crushed shell we pretend is sand is real hard on the keels. That's why I ended up going with Marine Tex on mine, having white keels helps too.

--
Mike Brady
Sugar Land, TX
P16 "Pooh Cat"
--
the place was so far under the radar, one time this wild azz dood and his posse tried to circle the beach in their winnebago and almost had the angle to make it back to the blacktop but missed it by that much...sunk...couldn't believe he made it over that much fluffy stuff, he must have been haulin' azz. he and the "family" moved in for a few months and had a blast. not sure why they left, prime location, catch shrimp/fish/oysters right off the beach, prolly have to keep moving if you are those folks. and by the way, the morning after he sunk the ship in the sand, a nice old gent from the biloxi yacht club drove a tractor across the street and pulled him out...for free! the dood was stoked, soaking up the hospitality!

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76436&g2_

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Been bothering me for a while, but didn't want to ask in hopes of not making public my lack of culture, but just what the heck does "O Segredo Frota" mean? Closest I could come up with was a "crowd somewhere in Brazil".

--
Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
2011 Hobie 16SE
Atlanta, GA
--
the secret fleet

--
Ron
Nacra F18
Reservoir Sailing Assn.
Brandon, Mississippi
--
Had to do a google translate when I first wondered that. But it just sounds so much cooler then secret fleet. icon_cool

--
Mike Brady
Sugar Land, TX
P16 "Pooh Cat"
--
any of you locals need a trap harness? I have an extra one i dont need.. and its brand new. Its a Large hobie half/bucket harness, still in plastic wrapping.
now when you say large?....picture me in it...compose yourself...think it will fit me?...forget previous image...and answer the question, sorta honestly...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Give me a call next time you are in the area and i'll let ya try it on.
gonna swap crossbars/castings and get the boat ready for this saturday, anybody else thinking the same? i was in gulfport yesterday and it was a dream day...stiff wind out of the sw, perfect horn island day. if it blows half as hard i'll be lucky! come on out! the liver is evil, it must be punnished...

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72653&g2_

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Bill.... Nice shot of you and the canned poison.. Thought about dental work ?? Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
Funny thing Bill, we have a P16 driver that sails with TCDYC that drinks Blue Ribbon. Until Hal mentioned the picture I never thought of that. If you ever get up to Milwaukee you have to try some there, it's real good up there!

--
Mike Brady
Sugar Land, TX
P16 "Pooh Cat"
--
http://i.imgur.com/aeMkS.jpg
no fruitti beers here by golly...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Bill I know you used photoshop to put that beer in your hand.. Oh Wait.. That is not you.. No LUB's in sight.. Clint would NEVER be drinken that stuff.. U used photoshop to put Clint there as well.. Cool Dude.. Nice work.. How does photoshop work on the Hotties?? . Got Pix?? Just Sayen... Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/2_2.jpg
just about had this little cutie talked into ride...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
U BEE ONE LUCKIE DUDE !! Where in the hell do you find those hotties in the mid-west?? We have a tough time on the West Coast finding crew. 395 for crew is our limit !! This boy looks like 1/3 of a ton and with my fat A** on the ramp we are getting to half a ton quickly.. (laughing too hard to respond right now).. OK OK.. I am better.. On the strait now. I know you pack the makeup kits for them but how do you talk the "cool" ones into a cruze?? AND get them to wear a cap so the spikes dont fu*k up the tramp. Do they drain the keggers ? Looks like that boy(??) would so U should have a keg or two on board. They be easy then !! (Got it !! cant stop laughing ). U da man !! Especially like the lip gloss and the cheek hi-lite.. Thank god I got this early cus i prolly be giggel-en til late hrs.. ! en no sleep.. Cheers Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
Idol Hands are the Devals play somthing .. Was thinking.. Dangerous !! Been on Beach Cats for a bit.. Live in California. Trusted Coastrat with the consulting for my new enterprize her selling used cats.. (Acutlly collecten old ones). Thought I might use the inter-net to check up on the boy.. O SEGREDO FROTA Lookes likee the best collection of Mr Bills stuff.. Going to learn how to do posting of photos from the old days when he was younger an a bit slimmer.. Less PBS's on bord) and some of the comments when he had a brain cells less screwed up by the hotties. Not sure hot to start but..

Just the start Mr. Bill 2009. (My legal staff is checken this one out)

"You have to watch out down here!...those doe-eyed country girls will ease you right in, spit out a family, and make you fat! next thing you know you will be saying things like "hows your mom-em-dem?" while eating some pecan pie at one of your 23 nieces/nephews birthday parties! happens all the time...

We call those moving down here and stayin' types: Damn Yankees

oh mama, could this really be the end? to be stuck inside of mobile with the memphis blues again...

dang straight...today was sweet

Bill them Irish/Italian northern girls can put a few pounds on you as well. I had to learn not to look around after I finished a meal or else she would go get more food. It's hell to have to pay good money to WeightWatchers just to loose enough weight to not have to worry about tipping the boat over just hopping on. At least I am getting down to the point where I can hop on! Mike Brady

it didn't help my case when i got the kegerator and pbr kegs were $45, was lucky they went up to $95...had to send it to a friends house while we were still under a ton!

It is time to tear that sweet lil' ole Gulf of Mexico's booty on up!!!

It ain't nothin' but a party"

Just sayen Mr B.. Lets talk about the contract !!

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
well hal, got the boat fixed...drug it down to the coast..rigged her up...and tore that booty on up. feels sooo goode...
coined a new term this weekend "you learn more than one thing from a mistake, hopefuly..".
got to feel the warmth of lightning storms all around...
it's good to be fat when the winds pick up real fast...
apple bottom coast-trashy waitresses make the po-boys taste better...
the gulf of mexico feels like a hot tub...
ice is cheaper at those ice vending places, now near my houese...
that's all i can remember...the hotties melt my branez!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Dear Capt. Coastrat:

Bad news, a portion of Horn Island is being closed indefinately. BP discovered asbestos tiles in an area of the island called the chimney during an inspection in June. The tiles are leftovers from WWII use of the island. It is also believed that containers of mustard gas may have been disposed of in the big lagoon. Bummer.

At least the lovely cuttie at the Fillin station continues to voice her desires for Giggles. One man's trashy, is another man's treasure. Bring me more delights, Rhonda Sue! girl love3 biglove

--
--
Hank I wonder if that means any fish caught out of the lagoon come with built in secret sauce? icon_eek

--
Mike Brady
Sugar Land, TX
P16 "Pooh Cat"
--
No Mike.. Just ask Mr Bill ... The secrete sauce comes with the hotties. Ever tasted one?? Bill has.. They are delicious.. Foggy bottom good.. Prolly comes from that shadey up-brining.. Just sayen.. Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
http://www.hattiesburgame…TPAGE%7Cs&nclick_check=1

holy sheet capt. backasswards!!! i thought you were kidding...hurricanes, oil spills, now asbestos with a little mustard gas on th side. if we could just get a volcano and nuke accident that would round things out nicely...

good thing the fillin' station hasn't burned down...yet!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Secret Sauce, Secret Spot, the Fillin Station, Thick Hotties, Dang, life is good. catchchicken

--
--
ok, gonna try for ship island friday(tomorrow), whatever you were supposed to do just blow it off til monday...that's what i would do. even better if you take 2 weeks off then quit...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Bill I love getting to kid around with you guys, but on a serious note all of you be safe with that storm coming in. I had a small Cat1 chase me up the Houston Ship Channel years ago on a fairly large excursion boat. Sounds like fun till the storm starts gaining on you, (it was a painfully slow paddlewheeler). I came within an inch of getting washed off the damn thing.
Have fun, but get the hell out of the way before that thing can hurt you guys!

--
Mike Brady
Sugar Land, TX
P16 "Pooh Cat"
--
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/255582_418830338165007_1992360301_n.jpg
secret spot getting facelift

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/528065_418833458164695_1742233467_n.jpg for you hal and hank!
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/292341_418833138164727_535139860_n.jpg
friendly staff...
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/528065_418833461498028_595368919_n.jpg
best roast beef poboy hands down!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
No need for a righting line for Capt. Bill Just grab the D.S. and the PBRs and the poboys take over... Up she comes. Nice shot Bill.. How bout a Bigger smile next time.. I be grinnen ear to ear.. Love the clowds. Thx Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=89353&g2_
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=89356&g2_

giggles! aka captain backasswards... you have some splane-in to do!!! they want to know where is that dirty old man who always harasses them and then laughs like a madman? you have a certain standard to maintain! i'm sure hal could creep these fine young ladies out proper...they'd be asking about him for years...so tighten up skipper and get back to dirty-old-mannin'! that is all..

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Love to give it a try. Got to have some of that voodoo juce I make to help.. Wish I had a reputaton like that thoug . Thought you were the odle guy of choice Capt. Bill!!

Thinken about all U boys down there abouts. Be safe and stay indoors.. Fill the hulles with water to keep the boats in the state (Olde western trick instead of locken up the boat) No one ever runs off with one.. All the best boys.. Batten em down please.. Cheers Hal

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=89364&g2
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=89361&g2_
a few more shots of the secret spot...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Dear Capt. Coastrat,

Thanks for the illustrations of the lovely serving wenches from da spot; not to complain or seem inappreciative, but next time please politely request of the wenches that they disrobe prior to posing for picture. over. wink

--
--
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/281928_405054659550186_1428173186_n.jpg

friday???

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558387_404968562892129_1757897229_n.jpg

friday it is!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
i'm off Fri, nice breeze, what time ya'll thinking about? room at OSYC if you want to launch, most boats are still gone from ISAAC... I'd love a run to Horn.
let's do it! we be there 10:30ish...horn would be epic! looks like some wind and some 4' seas...OH JOY!!!! glad you can make it, we can push it real hard icon_eek

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
How was it?! Wish I coudl have made it out on the water!!! I was stuck pulling barbed wire. :(

--
Prindle 18 aka Yellowtail. On the beautiful Mississippi gulf coast. Gautier / Independent Republic of Vancleave / Ocean Springs. Lot's to learn about these boats.
--
GREAT sail out, but got headers so didn't make Horn... lo and behold, Ship Island dead ahead, so that's where we landed.. .beautiful sail out, nice to check in w/that sandbar once in a while... some cold ones and a s'mich or 2, a swim and we headed back.... made it pretty much to Deer Island before the wind dropped out... caught a great afternoon sail... then dinner cruise... then sunset sail... twilight sail... hoping it wouldn't turn into a sunrise sail... in the end, some folks at OSYC had a boat they came and towd the last few bits of the trip... great day, good ending.
PS Landraider, there's a few of us talking about heading out from OSYC about 1 or 1:30 2morro (Sun) to sail down casino row, then long biloxi beach to Shaggy's on hwy 90... ... have a redfish sandwich and cruise back... you never know who or if or what anyone will show... sometimes youre a loner, sometime there's 6 boats... so FWIW....

Edited by robpatt on Sep 15, 2012 - 08:12 PM.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/523380_426247114089996_1897742487_n.jpg
the slow boat from china home...i think the tide was moving us...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Was a beautiful friday indeed. The wind was looking up for ya at first, but man o man did it die as the day went on.

Hopefully i'll make it out there next weekend. Has OSYC become the new cat launch? icon_razz

Edited by matt922 on Sep 17, 2012 - 09:08 AM.
matt922

Hopefully i'll make it out there next weekend. Has OSYC become the new cat launch? icon_razz Edited by matt922 on Sep 17, 2012 - 09:08 AM.

This?!

--
--
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/523859_409897119065940_1828362476_n.jpg

had to share this glamor shot of the secret spot!!! october is almost here, are you ready to shred some sails and snap some shrouds? or just totaly haul azz tryin'!!!

hope to get down soon for some round the cat race training/liver stretching soon...mayby friday? or a few days next week...if your feeling salty and you want to test out that gear, the round the cat race is a nice little distance race that starts where it ends...about 30 mi.les as the crow flys but your gonna be tacking somwewhere so add a few. last year there were 5 multis, they will still race with 3, so i'm trying to pump up some more folks. pass christian yacht club is the second oldest yacht club in america...great sailin tradition!

Edited by coastrat on Sep 26, 2012 - 09:37 AM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
looking like a friday for me this weekend...thursday night in 'goula @ jack's by the tracks jamming with some old friends and friday sailing!... come on out! take 2 weeks off then quit! no race for me this weekend...looks like no wind...if it ain't blowin', i ain't goin'! could launch out of goula or osyc...or that secret spot landraider knows, st. andrews? THE LIVER IS EVIL, IT MUST BE PUNNISHED!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Jacks by the tracks... I may have to go hear some jams and a brew. Prob do 'honey do's on Sat though.. hoping to do some sialing on Monday... but we're planning an sailing/camping trip to Horn Island on Oct 13th... got quite a motley crue going... power boats too... times for some good fishing, eathing, drinking and hiking a few trails when the spirit moves us... check out the Walt Anderson trail, going far east this time towards the 'goula end of the island... new territory for the OS crowd... cheers man.. -rob.

Edited by robpatt on Oct 03, 2012 - 09:10 PM.
saweet! the east end is prime location...tall dunes, long beach tip, right next to sand isle/petit bois,ship channel...enjoy!!!

check out jacks! good food, music 6-10:30, good times! i might launch in goula and make a horn/petit bois friday...calling for ne winds early and se later...think east end of horn is 9 miles from singing river yc, due south.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Coastrat, were yall successful in Goula? Any Goula Gal news? I hear they grow 'em nice and ripe down there. CuCuuuu. catchchicken

--
--
https://forum.encyclopediadramatica.se/attachments/here-comes-honey-boo-boo-thats-right-youd-bet-l-lqts4y-jpeg.15760/

ahhh... good times, got to spend some time with my high school sweetheart...she looks amazing!!! hasn't changed a bit!...

sailing sucked...no wind...nada...didn't even rig the boat...did tell the ladies @ fillin' station hello for you...they miss giggles icon_frown

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I can tell yall had a fantastic time, she looks to be in an orgasmic state right there in the Aarons parking lot. I didn't know they rent "toys". hammer

--
--
coastrat
ahhh... good times, got to spend some time with my high school sweetheart...she looks amazing!!! hasn't changed a bit!...

Ouch! Stop it, some things you just can't un-see. urg

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
i know!!!....i was one lucky dude...crazy kids, in love, young and HOT!!! ahhhh...layin' in the truck bed...eating popey's, getting lost in each others eyes. MAN!!! glory days!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hey Bill, nice breeze this weekend... we're leaving OSYC for a night on Horn Island this Saturday... cats and powerboats too... (to haul coolers)... you're welcome to join if you can get away... some nice sailing, bu-tee ful waters, fishin too... going about a mile EAST of the ranger station... VHF Channel 68... folks gathering at OSYC about 10am, prob shove off around noon.... SE at 101-15kts... cheers bro, -Rob.
QuoteHey Bill, nice breeze this weekend... we're leaving OSYC for a night on Horn Island this Saturday... cats and powerboats too... (to haul coolers)... you're welcome to join if you can get away... some nice sailing, bu-tee ful waters, fishin too... going about a mile EAST of the ranger station... VHF Channel 68... folks gathering at OSYC about 10am, prob shove off around noon.... SE at 101-15kts... cheers bro, -Rob

enjoy mi amigo!! mayby next time...glad to see the wind pick up!...hoping for next week-thr/fri-or sumpin...two words----SPECKLED TROUT!!!!!!!!!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
friday, friday, friday!!!!...lets do it! looking for crew or to crew friday, friday, friday!!! useual spot, time...take a well day, it might be slightly cool @ 81 degrees but the sun will be out...gulf feels loike a bathtub anywho...will bring my boat or will crew...10-15kts after lunch...you really won't "miss" work at all!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
i still owe ya a trip on my boat but i took last friday off for a trip to the smokies
love to go but booked... little darling baby girl growing up... made homecoming court and the parade is friday morning, and good old southern miss high school football game friday night... gonna be fun times... but HERE's to good wind for ya...
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/427951_4323318093884_1886816112_n.jpg

see you tomorrow!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
steller day!!!...friggin fantastic, nice wind, ship island, perfect timing...i've got perma-grinn! icon_biggrin

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
HA! Funny you say that, last time (last Oct) we camped there the friggin coons ripped a hole in my tent and tore up my stash of pop-tarts. The rest of the gang got a kick out of that 'cause I put my tent behind a dune where it was blocked from the wind, but I could still see the boat on th e beach. Anyway, we had a great time.

Hey, we have Shearwater Regatta this weekend... buoys, lots of chase boats, and a north wind to keep the waves down, but forecast is 20-25 knots... your kind of wind. icon_smile I'm not sailing Sat (have a wedding to attend), but looking forward to crewing on a Nacra20 on Sunday....

If you're sailing, feel free to launch from OSYC... the more the merrier, really.

Cheers man, have a great weekend - Rob.
dang...i wish!!! winds would favor the fat guy with the indestructable boat for sure...i'll see what i can wiggle, would love to test those jib repairs at full capacity. would be a great day to practice my favorite 25mph sailing technique---TRY NOT TO FLIP THE BOAT!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Secret spot updatehow do I post a pic?
robpattSecret spot updatehow do I post a pic?

find an image hoster like http://imgur.com/ and upload the pic there. Once you upload there it will spit out a link. once you copy that link, paste it here and put the image tags around the link(like you did in the above post).

Edited by matt922 on Oct 26, 2012 - 11:18 AM.
ok you late season sailors...gonna try for one more trip next week(wed or tues), keep it close to the beach, try not to get too wet, and such...who's in?!!! come on and get some while it last!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
wednesday it is!!! sunny, 74 degrees, 9mph north wind, looking good... gonna sail up and down the beach, mayby get a beer @ shaggy's. come on out! i'll be done for the year after this...got some plans for the blueribbon for next season so o great neptune grant me 1 more day!!!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Glenn and I haven't sailed in November yet, so we're kind of planning on Fri, Sat or Sun.... otterwise, would love to cruise the coast and pull in at Shaggys... but gotta work. Take care man!
happy turkey day! gonna go tomorrow and try to get it out of my system(impossible)...going to the saints/niners game sunday(need to prep liver) so i must push on, those beers don't drink themselves! ya'll have fun!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
two six packs and two pick-sixes, keep drinkin

--
--
time to get this show back in the sound.

update for the secret spot..

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/matt9229/photo_zps8ef26f82.jpg

they still have some parking lots to pave on the west side of the ramps before you could squeeze a boat past the barriers though.

Edited by matt922 on Feb 09, 2013 - 04:19 PM.
that is sweet!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
The secret spot is super nice. Plenty of parking, The Boat ramp Piers are very short, and it looks like you could launch there eaisly. Beach access as well. Pictures incomming as soon as I can figure out how to post them.

--
--
http://i.imgur.com/cugZ7qZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tdGQ28q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bB0kg8K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xRcFNTA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Sbp4HNq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PFXG1HT.jpg

--
--
i'm tempted to bring down a wheel barrow and some shovels and fill in that rip rap where we used to angle the trailor. other wise it's awesome...hope the fishermen don't use it. have to say though i really love the osyc folks and those hot showers before some fine dining at the local joints! i hope that's what that big pile of sand if for...the tides will eventually fill it in naturally any how icon_cool .

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Hope to see you guys at OSYC this season.... That place sounds awesome..
icon_biggrin

Tim

--
Tim Grover
1996 Hobie Miracle 20
Two Hobie 14's
1983 G-Cat Restored
Memphis TN / North Mississippi
--
Biloxi small craft is a nightmare on weekends so i have a feeling it will get some overflow usage.
http://longbeach.wlox.com…r-beautify-protect-beach

and a beachcat launch area also please icon_biggrin

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
amen on that, my house is right up the road from there icon_biggrin
http://www.wlox.com/story…rove-truck-into-the-gulf

who needs a boat to cruise the coast?....when you can drive it!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/313781_432928823459434_459134069_n.jpg

better look...

Edited by coastrat on Mar 10, 2013 - 03:01 PM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
it's on!!! skake down cruise tomorrow...as to test at full capacity...that is all...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks for the excursion Captain Billy, Glad to have Easter Sunday off to recover from the assault dished out by the Blue Ribbon and the Nick's Parking Lot. THANKS BE TO GOD AND, AND Canadian Whiskey!

--
--
yes captain backasswards, good times indeed...nothing like hitting the bar on the way home after sailing all day on the coast, hanging with the college kids listening to punk rock bands to make you feel oh so young and vibrant...the liver was evil and it was punnished. hope your leg is better. same time next week?

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
I'll try, may have to pack samachiz, after four black russians, the tab was only shocking the next day. My leg is fine, still looks like God pulled 'em off a chicken and gave 'em to me. We fit in pretty swell with those college kids.

--
--
10/4 good buddy...how much did "we" give the blue haired waitres with the face/spine piercings?...i miss dolly, she had HUGE personality. i'll get supper next time...stay tuned for weekend updates, it's just a flesh wound!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Left Tennant Harriss... I thought Dolly had HUGE "other assetts".. God I wished lived closer. Some one who is almost a Doctor and can heal "flesh wounds" in a week should open a first aid stand. Just Sayen. PBR and Black Russians.. Wow That's liven.. Either that or you you could do a salon for the blue hair chicks.. Show up on fri. Do the neccassary hair work in trade for help stepping the mast and fillen the PBR kegerator!!! Might get a "ride a long". Those blue hair chicks really know how to get that mast up right !!
A word of wisdom from one olde boy to another. DONT START TOO FAST THIS SEASON.. The season is just starting. Dont want to HAVE to polish the boat later cuz the shine is worn off.. The sail are floppy??. Hard to point to wind.. The helm is soft??. Can't point.. God I wish i lived closer.. Got pointers if you needed them.. H

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
we could use a man like you hal...someone who doesn't know any better, gets caught up in the moment, mayby a little(lot) too excitable and willing to really push that liver...oh yes, leave your shame at the house and join our ranks of middle-age-nare-do-wells as we astound the young hotties with our impressive ability to play hide the 12 pack! it's damn the torpedos, full steam ahead on this 2013 season- be it in the mountains of northern california or the beaches of the northern gulf of mexico...the public will see that SOME of us never grew up and are willing to act like tradional sailors! one day we will unite these gifted livers and boast in the great hall my friend...one day...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Bill thanks for reminding me about the youthful blue scalped serving wench pixie pin cushion. One cannot appraise this serving wench without considering: Does the carpet match the drapes? icon_evil If indeed the carpet matches the drapes, her boyfriend must feel like Poppa Smurf while he is vacuuming the carpet. icon_biggrin Of course, the new generation, what are they called? Generation Ink? Anyway, Generation Ink is prone to putting that pink razor to frequent use. If I had my way, a blue Brazilian landing strip would be the preferred presentation. Not only would this provide the coveted CMTDrapes, but could assist a middle age nare do well with poor sight locate the blue lagoon and rest easy. Sailing?

--
--
Capt Billy, just had a thought...I searched this web site to no avail. For novice sailors lilke myself, if I could locate starboard / port P18 hulls and rig it with my P16 engine (Escape) it would probably be more forgiving in medium / high winds. AND, incidents like the dumping of one certain creek nanny may be less likely to be repeated. Cheers!

--
--
creek nannys are used to being dumped, it's the most exciting time for them anyways...

heck yeah we could make a escape cat for you!

on a different note...i hope everyone's boats are ok at osyc, there were some 70mph winds that hit the coast yesterday afternoon. that's enough to make a mess for sure...that carnival cruise ship docked in mobile for repairs broke loose from it's moorings and smacked another ship pretty good and i saw on the news where the pass harbor took a hit also...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
i drove past a lonely h16 on the beach in long beach right after the storm hit and it was still up right! Half the beach was on 90, but the cat looked fine. By some miracle the winds that were sort of lifting my car in the parking lot while i was eating lunch didn't flip the cat.

You guys coming down this weekend?
ok, making it down saturday but will be too late for me to race in 1699 regatta...so it's a drinkin' trip for us(again)...got your ears on captain backasswards? i'll call and wake you up at work tomorrow..early morning nap, mid morning nap, post lunch nap, or possibly one of the later afternoon naps...or when your spacing out looking like your working between naps...just be listening. anyways...lots of folks sailing so come on out!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
coastratok, making it down saturday but will be too late for me to race in 1699 regatta...so it's a drinkin' trip for us(again)...

So when was it not a drinkin' trip?

--
Ron
Nacra F18
Reservoir Sailing Assn.
Brandon, Mississippi
--
smokin the sound will have casino row occupied from what i can tell as well.

http://superboat.com/race…urse-coordinates-biloxi/
breakfast for 1699 little fun regata will be around 9ish... cassarole, grits, coffee, etc... and we'll prob start the first race around 11... do as many buoy loops as we feel like... come in, have some cold brews, and it's cook your own steak night at OSYC.. bring a steak and $6 for sides/fixings, etc... so going to be a nice chill day all around... hope you can make it... cheer - Rob
QuoteSo when was it not a drinkin' trip?

you know...gosh...mayby when i was a kid, but then we were still trying to steal some beers then too..you got me on that one ron. icon_confused

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
now hear this...wind picks up tomorrow(sunday), servicing/inspecting boat today, loading up all the goodies and will be ready to rip up the coast tomorrow...if your a feared then say yer a feared!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Thanks for a great day of sailing Capt. Bill. The Blue Ribbon, she's a beauty!

--
--
good times indeed! loved how the clouds stayed out of the bay/sound for us all day...could have been blowin harder but it was still a smashing success...I didn't even peel the scabs off of my liver this time icon_wink

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
WHOOOT...WHOOT... Friday, Friday...gonna be nice, the coolest august I can remember. some wind with building afternoon out of the west. might be the perfect horn island run! take 2 weeks off then qit...you don't miss work when your sailing...not a bit!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
well, it was all that...not big winds but steady and built. reached to and fro leaving out of the bay and returning by the lighthouse/channel. horn was sweet...love that place! come on October!!! ready for some big wind icon_eek

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
stealing away tomorrow for ship island...good east wind all day...tell everybody that Thursday would be better for you! winds are starting to build...round cat island race coming up! that is all...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Party on Captain Billy!

--
--
well that was totally badazz! oh goodie, the winds are here...if i'm not answering the phone, i'm on the boat...leave a message and i'll listen to it sooner or later...but mostly don't bother me until after thanksgiving...unless it's about sailing...then we will talk about it on the boat...that is all...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
as i was driving down the beach i was just thinkin, "man, bill really picked the perfect day"

If you stay out in there long enough, hopefully we will cross paths one day. I haven't been sailing in months icon_frown
the marine forecast and the noaa buoy site are my first read every day...constantly looking for those gems. it was stellar! it was the first sailing experience for my crew that day and it BLEW his mind...winds shifting e/se but a steady 12 kts with some chop and nice swells for the sail out...I let him skipper and I took the main and just pointed him to west ship. it was rock and roll launching the boat through the waves and when he figured out how to catch the wind and ride out a puff it was on like donkey kong. after we got to the island, the winds kept building and it was a freaky gorgeous day. we shoved off and the ride home was a beam reach to west deer island going parallel with the swells...rooster tail shooting, blinding spray in the face, hold on for dear life, warp speed fun...and then we rounded the island to a broad reach surfing the all mighty! i'm sore...but my teeth got bleached for free from all that smiling icon_biggrin

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Good Luck rounding Cat Billy!

--
--
new sails battens tied in...check
new sunrise tramp installed...check
total boat inspection/service...check
tropical storm moving in for Saturday...check

I hope to sail some Friday and we will see if the race will be postponed til sunday. i'm chomping at the bit right now!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
now hear this...getting out today...suggest you do the same...osyc.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
Good to see you back Bill! Got out today for a couple of hours on what was probably the hottest Saturday of the year so far, at least 108 heat index.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
we drifted around til 2:30 ish...sizzling like bacon, then the wind picked up a bit...shifty as can be. last weekend was awesome! warp speed, fire hose stuff...

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=109547&g2_serialNumber=6

the "new look" blueribbon...look for it!

Edited by coastrat on Aug 24, 2014 - 09:50 AM.

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--
did you see tomorrows forecast! I know right! it's going to be an awesome day...clear shies, moderate temps(89), and wind!(10-15). now begins my favorite sailing season...fall...clear skies, clear water, and steady wind!!! the gulf will still feel like a bathtub until thanksgiving. so come on!

--
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
--