Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

O SEGREDO FROTA  Bottom

Go to page [-10 -1] 1 - 2 - 3 ... 21 - 22 - 23 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1]:

• secret spot tomorrow!!! time to earn my parts and get this old boat tuned up for a friend. look for some guys on a boat...that's us...or not.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • i'll be glassing some dings on a sunfish at osyc after church...maybe will see you there? cheers,rob.
  • attention....secret spot is now closed! there are 2 barges wth cranes anchored up and the old piers are pulled up. not sure what the plans are but i hope they don't ruin it for us sailors...had a nice time @ ocean springs yacht club again, lotta nice folks down there!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Sux about the spot. I'm going to try to figure out what is going on there. I sure hope we will have beach access. Just not too many places round here that you can drive right out on the beach.... Maybe on the OS Side. Thanks for everything Rat!!!! I'm going to make west marine VERY happy. icon_rolleyes icon_lol I hope your crossbar works out right for you!

--
    Prindle 18 aka Yellowtail. On the beautiful Mississippi gulf coast. Gautier / Independent Republic of Vancleave / Ocean Springs. Lot's to learn about these boats.
    --
  • biloxiKuhn Street Pier & Boat Launching Ramp
    Kuhn St. at US Hwy 90

Public pier & boat launching ramp This facility is currently awaiting repairs.

Currently, the ramp is usable and the pier is not. The pier will be rebuilt at a later date.

http://www.biloxi.ms.us/pr/ports/index.asp

Edited by matt922 on Jul 30, 2012 - 02:44 PM.
  • matt922
    biloxiKuhn Street Pier & Boat Launching Ramp
    Kuhn St. at US Hwy 90

Public pier & boat launching ramp This facility is currently awaiting repairs.

Currently, the ramp is usable and the pier is not. The pier will be rebuilt at a later date.

http://www.biloxi.ms.us/pr/ports/index.aspEdited by matt922 on Jul 30, 2012 - 02:44 PM.

Secret Spot Revealed?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • That is correct sir.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • i hope they just tear down the old piers and leave it as is, only kayakers and us use it regularly any how...looks like they dug up the old boat launches too, good riddance!!!... the last thing i want to see there is a nice new pier and boat launch = there goes the neighborhood. dang bp money!...go improve someone elses beat up pier! it would be sweet if they just cleaned up the piers/launch and forgot about it.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • It's such a convenient location I bet they clean up all the old pilings, build a big concrete ramp, and build two really long modern docks on each side of it, with ramp/walks all the way to the road to completely block out the beachcats. Does that nearby parking lot have trailer parking? If not they will probably build a big trailer parking lot too!

Anybody you could talk to and get some input? Beach access is precious.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Yes, I'm going to send the Mayor a few of my girls for the night this Thursday. This will ensure the project goes to the liking of cat sailors. Mayor happy = beach access. girl dance

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • DamonLinkousIt's such a convenient location I bet they clean up all the old pilings, build a big concrete ramp, and build two really long modern docks on each side of it, with ramp/walks all the way to the road to completely block out the beachcats. Does that nearby parking lot have trailer parking? If not they will probably build a big trailer parking lot too!

Anybody you could talk to and get some input? Beach access is precious.

i hope not. the biloxi small craft harbor is less than a mile from there.
  • i heard that damon's prediction is the winner...if they just left the left side open like it is then it's ok...you can still angle the trailor over to the water. 2 finger piers 100' each with 40' new concrete ramp(planned). increased parking would be nice and mayby a freshwater hose would top it off! the water is deep enough when you leave the beach you can put down the rudders quickly which is nice when sailing between 2 piers. i found a few other spots like it along the coast but the location of secret spot is awesome and i would like to keep sailing from there.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • landraider...... a P18 w/a yellow tail... from the Independent Republic of Vancleave... icon_smile

pleasure to meet you this weekend...

this is a Latimer Boy, transplanted.... the OS folks are always like "you live all the way in Latimer"... as if it WAS a foreign country... well to them, perhaps it is. icon_smile
  • Damn shame Bill, sounds like they are hellbent on making you use your beachwheels in all that fluffy BP sand. Over here we just throw up the stick and back down to the water. Of course that crushed shell we pretend is sand is real hard on the keels. That's why I ended up going with Marine Tex on mine, having white keels helps too.

--
    Mike Brady
    Sugar Land, TX
    Sailing off Magnolia Beach in Lavaca Bay TX
    http://358degrees.blogspot.com/
    P16 "Pooh Cat"
    --
  • the place was so far under the radar, one time this wild azz dood and his posse tried to circle the beach in their winnebago and almost had the angle to make it back to the blacktop but missed it by that much...sunk...couldn't believe he made it over that much fluffy stuff, he must have been haulin' azz. he and the "family" moved in for a few months and had a blast. not sure why they left, prime location, catch shrimp/fish/oysters right off the beach, prolly have to keep moving if you are those folks. and by the way, the morning after he sunk the ship in the sand, a nice old gent from the biloxi yacht club drove a tractor across the street and pulled him out...for free! the dood was stoked, soaking up the hospitality!

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76436&g2_

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Been bothering me for a while, but didn't want to ask in hopes of not making public my lack of culture, but just what the heck does "O Segredo Frota" mean? Closest I could come up with was a "crowd somewhere in Brazil".

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • the secret fleet

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Had to do a google translate when I first wondered that. But it just sounds so much cooler then secret fleet. icon_cool

--
    Mike Brady
    Sugar Land, TX
    Sailing off Magnolia Beach in Lavaca Bay TX
    http://358degrees.blogspot.com/
    P16 "Pooh Cat"
    --
  • any of you locals need a trap harness? I have an extra one i dont need.. and its brand new. Its a Large hobie half/bucket harness, still in plastic wrapping.
  • now when you say large?....picture me in it...compose yourself...think it will fit me?...forget previous image...and answer the question, sorta honestly...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --

Go to page [-10 -1] 1 - 2 - 3 ... 21 - 22 - 23 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.