Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

O SEGREDO FROTA  Bottom

Go to page [-10 -1] 1 - 2 - 3 ... 17 - 18 - 19 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1]:

• to add insult to injury, i was in fairhope yesterday and saturday boatless...been in gulf shores since then watching the trees swing. can't wait to get home and hook the boat up. one of these windy days ed you need to fly down and extend your season just a little longer and get on a race or two...satisfaction guaranteed! believe me terry, i should have been there!...i do plan on getting out more soon though, we need to tear up matt's boat some more also!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • now hear this...friday is clear and beautiful...north winds @ 10-15mph...already sucessfully blown off work. got your ears on hank?...matt?...call a sub terry?...that is all.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • friday?

Edited by matt922 on Oct 12, 2011 - 02:51 PM.
  • yup, saturday i have some social engagements...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • ok, it's on...looks like a possible horn island trip...ne winds @10-15kts. clear blue skies and warm gulf waters, sounds like a cocktail order!...make mine a double! take two weeks off, then quit!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • anyone gonna make an attempt this weekend? icon_razz
  • mayby sunday...not much wind but the sun is warm. they are raceing at osyc...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • friday 74 degrees, winds nnw @ 10 -15 increasing through the day, isolated showers...

saturday 71 dergees, winds nne @ 20 25 decresing through the afternoon, sunny...

great day to rip it up on the bay!!!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • well allright...it's saturday then!...perfectly clear skies, a little cool at 71 degrees, and a honking nw wind @ 20-25mph... the water will be slick close to the beach and somewhat smooth in the bay. skinny skippers, call your fat friends and vica versa it's time to test that standing rigging at full capacity. the king of tahiti aka capt backasswards(skinny friend) and i(vica versa) will be there, come on out! would be nice to have a chase boat in case we are drifting to the deep water horizon site unintentionaly icon_biggrin

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • You guys are killin me! Talking about sailing this weekend I've got 6 months to get ready. I was going to wrench on the trailer but I can't because they are calling for a Nor'easter and possible snow....It's October and I live in NJ Not cool

--
    Bob Miller
    1983 P16 Sail # 7312
    "Miller Time" A work in progress; out of the water for 16 years
    Barnegat Bay NJ
    Beach Cat Lesson #1 - A free cat isn't
    Find more Prindles on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/173120656090532/
    --
  • Rat's crazy, its gonna be chilly this weekend. If it isn't, he will be once he gets splashed one good time icon_lol
  • when your fat...your ALWAYS hot!!!...now my svelt crew may get a few goosebumps but we will fill him up with antifreeze and dangle him from the trap holding on for his life...hell, it will be like a july day for our canadian sailors! kiffer

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • now hear this...sunday 75 degrees, winds out of the south 10-15....record the saints game and come on out! you hear that?...that's the sound of the season coming to a close so get in some sailing before you die!!!....that is all.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • i might be out tomorrow as well. If so, ill be wearing a wetsuit! the water is already 65-66 degrees

Edited by matt922 on Nov 11, 2011 - 04:44 PM.
  • well, went today, didnt really check the wind since it was supposed to be there...

couldnt get the boat back to launch site and just left that bitch on the beach
  • no way!.... it was blowin' like a mofo here in h-burg...was totally bummed i couldn't go...no wind? well, i under stand your frustration, i'll just go and get that boat off of the beach and take it outa your sight...NO CHARGE!!!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • coastratno way!.... it was blowin' like a mofo here in h-burg...was totally bummed i couldn't go...no wind? well, i under stand your frustration, i'll just go and get that boat off of the beach and take it outa your sight...NO CHARGE!!!

I dont know man, the last time i went out in 5-6knot i made it work for a little while.. the buoy said 4-6 for the whole duration we were out there but i just couldnt make it work for the life of me.

As we were setting up i saw a lead mine sailing across the horizon, but by the time we got out there he was furled up and motoring along icon_mad

The water is SUPER chilly btw. Feels good with the wetsuit on, but still pretty chilly.
  • pretty nice afternoon to sail dance

this whole leaving the boat on the beach thing is kinda the beginning of a bad habit too icon_cool
  • Quotethis whole leaving the boat on the beach thing is kinda the beginning of a bad habit too

that would change my whole situation...do i join osyc and get a big boy cat, leave it on the beach, and drive the honda to the coast? or do i keep the trusty ole blue ribbon and fire up the z 71 and go secret spot... the truck uses about 10-15 bucks more in gas on the round trip than the accord and trailoring the boat does not affect gas consumption at all on the truck(boat and trailor so light you can't tell your trailoring anything)...it's still a road trip either way and secret spot is the easiest way to launch the boat in the world...no cattrax needed unless super low tide...i'm jealous! there is a possible third option...my brother is contemplating a move from miami to st. lucia v.i., it looks good in pics, already found the awesome beach there, sell everything, load a 40' sea container, rent cats during the day and find a gig playing bass at night....wonder what the wife thinks of that? prolly just drive the truck...easier.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • heh, you still need a truck to haul big boy sails. You'd probably leave the rudders and boom on the boat at the club, but sails are still about 9ft long rolled up. Now, my car has a fold down back seat and i barely have room for a 7ft fishing pole. Food for thought unless the club has equipment storage.

Go to page [-10 -1] 1 - 2 - 3 ... 17 - 18 - 19 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.