Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

O SEGREDO FROTA  Bottom

Go to page [-10 -1] 1 - 2 - 3 ... 12 - 13 - 14 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

• Second outing on the 19mx today at about 2-3pm, and boy is that north wind a deceiving little devil. Me and a buddy decided to try it without a third person and i flew my first hull(ever!) within ~20 mins of being on the water. About 15 minutes after that we decided to tack and i guess i left the main cleated too tight and over she went. Took us about ~20 mins with perfect wind on tramp/sails and multiple attempts to right her back over(~320lb) with the factory righting line in the trampoline. Looking back it was kinda funny and definitely a learning experience, but i think it made me a little gun shy.

Any one else go sailing today?
  • Quote boy is that north wind a deceiving little devil

you got that right...learned the hard way to hug the coast with the winds out of the north.

looks like nw 15-20kts monday! have made plans to successfully blow off monday work and advise others to do same. makes for perfect bay hull flying...and flounder gigging.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Have fun out there Skipper, say hi to the Magic Man for me, maybe Tube Socks will be awaiting his arrival and ready to show him a swell time. kiss

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • in the middle of a transom repair, got a late start yesterday(hounds gig@nick's). liver repair ongoing...may not make it today but then, the majic man has not arrived. looks like boat repair/pool party/grill on this beautiful, hookey playing monday. uless, of course, majic man gets into full blown "WHOOOO HOOOO" mode, just after his breakfast beers. updates as they happen...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Rat, you gonna sail slip to ship?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • planning on it...it's on my anniversary...convincing the wife as to how romantic it would be for me to sail, then she can have whatever she wants for dinner off the dollar menue icon_cool

Edited by coastrat on May 17, 2011 - 05:21 AM.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • dollar menu? Wow, you're nice. At least when I take the wife to wendy's on our anniversary I let her 'biggie size' it... and a frosty if she's good. icon_cool
  • The O Segredo Frota Fleet has placed and received an order from the $500 menu: P16. 1979 vintage. Blow Baby Blow!!! The Backasswards will be parted out and rest comfortably in the slums of Petal in the near future. catchchicken

--
    --
  • congrads!!! bring it to the boatyard tonight!!!(and beer) icon_wink

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Mumkay Skipper, see yall this everning. yes

--
    --
  • can't do the race...bummer...but will be hanging out saturday afternoon and sailing around the bay/deer island...good luck and see ya'll this weekend!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • I might see ya out there, i usually put in off of Courthouse road though, depends on how rough the water is if i make it that far over or not.
  • all hands on deck...O SEGREDO FROTA will sail on biloxi bay tomorrow; the blue ribbon and her sister ship "sideways" will be conducting maneuvers so as to test at full capacity ice chest tolerences...that is all...over.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • "saturday morning" flu has decimated captains and crews...livers were evil and they were punnished...will re-try sunday on biloxi bay...come on out and enjoy the "healing" waters of the mississippi sound as we re-tell hank's adventures on the dance floor!(he doesn't remember...tee hee!). on an upbeat note: tony and todd camped on horn island and stuck 16 flounder last night and limited out on speckled trout(30)this morning...nothin' a saturday evening fish fry can't sort out!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • caught some o' dem cajun boys trying to launch a h18 w/ mag wings over the seawall in gulfport. I didn't stop by the first time, but i showed up about 30 minutes later and they already had that booger in the sand. I gave them a heads up to launch at courthouse rd pier next time.

boat descrip: h18 magnum yellow hulls/yellow sail with the rainbow pattern in one of the panels. Sail number and their names completely escape me though.

Had a great day out yesterday, starting to get a bit more comfortable with the boat, starting to see a trip to ship in my plans one day.

Edited by matt922 on Jun 12, 2011 - 08:46 AM.
  • come on down to biloxi next to the biloxi yacht club, the public launch is sweet!...just leaving now, will be there around11:30ish...look for the 2 "super seventies" p-16's!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • No sailing today, i went fishing early this morning and spent a few hours polishing the grime off the hulls on the prindle.

Re: next to byc...

How's the boat traffic over that way? sandbars?
  • http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76436&g2_

the secret spot, come to think of it, can be a little tricky...lots of piers, a channel, shallows, deer island in your face, the most treacherous quicksand on the newly built up deer island,a fair amount of traffic...the good thing about is the launch. you can drop the sterns in the water on the beach with your tires still on the blacktop...no cat trax needed. it is getting more crowded these days...sooo...nobody go there...your old place is fine. i mean, it is the secret spot afterall.

Edited by coastrat on Jun 12, 2011 - 07:59 PM.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Yes Coastrat, apparently the secret is out. Might be time to purchase some beachfront property and leave the cats there. Ocean Springs looks like a swell spot. Very pleased with Sideways, she stays dry and doesn't pull either way. Thanks for all your technical support! woohoo

--
    --
  • nice job yesterday! hate you missed the fillin station, you would have loved the waitress...anyhoo, frying up those specks tonight if your hungry.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --

Go to page [-10 -1] 1 - 2 - 3 ... 12 - 13 - 14 ... 26 - 27 - 28 [+1 +10]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.