Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Beachcats for big people, a solicitation for advice  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6:

• Just a quick update on the hunt.
    I bid on that Supercat 20 and didn't get it, thank goodness...drinking and biding is a bad idea. There was a Prindle 19 that I called on and was just sold 30 minutes prior. I had a line on a Tornado in the Chicago area the gentlemen wouldn't hold it until the weekend, wouldn't take paypal and someone scooped that up Friday as I was set to head up Friday afternoon. He was nice enough to call to let me know before I left, whew.

I'm most bummed about the Tornado... it was vintage but sweet and the price was right! Ah well.

Still watching and sailing the Bucc.

--
    LIVE LIFE... Dave Wilcox
    Trac 18
    Bloomington, IN
    --
  • lonbordinStill watching and sailing the Bucc.

Keep at it, eventually you will find the right boat and be glad you passed or missed on all the rest.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Well I bought a cat. I'll let you guess which one of my list it is. icon_biggrin

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_AcWIvKvdUKY/TDkK5GY-PaI/AAAAAAAABi4/hM7l5BBzyCc/s800/IMG00177-20100710-1933.jpg
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_AcWIvKvdUKY/TDkK5MQjC2I/AAAAAAAABi8/Whshs-67qS4/s800/IMG00179-20100710-1935.jpg
    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_AcWIvKvdUKY/TDkK514WfWI/AAAAAAAABjA/qCncgnMzH5I/s1152/IMG00178-20100710-1934.jpg

One hint, it has dagger-boards.

Its been a long day and then I scrubbed two years of setting in the woods off the boat, whew. So I'll check back later with more hints if necessary. But I know that won't be necessary with this group. icon_cool

--
    LIVE LIFE... Dave Wilcox
    Trac 18
    Bloomington, IN
    --
  • Really no guesses... no one wants to play... icon_frown sniff, sniff

Hint # 2: Sailboat data says only 100 built (I don't believe it, though).

--
    LIVE LIFE... Dave Wilcox
    Trac 18
    Bloomington, IN
    --
  • Trac 18, looks like its in great shape icon_cool
  • BiggieTrac 18, looks like its in great shape icon_cool

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_AcWIvKvdUKY/TDpxFzFZo7I/AAAAAAAABjk/zufXuAkolyw/s1024/IMG00189-20100711-2040.jpg
    YES!

edited by: lonbordin, Jul 11, 2010 - 10:42 PM

--
    LIVE LIFE... Dave Wilcox
    Trac 18
    Bloomington, IN
    --
  • 100 built may be correct, I've never seen one so they must be really rare. icon_cool

Just like the other manufacturers, they probably made a lot more 16's, but still a tiny number compared to Hobie's and Prindles.

Congrats on finding your boat, good luck and please document and photograph the boat when you get it fully rigged. We can make an album in the Beachcats Identification album with rigging details that will help the next Trac 18 Owner.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I will be taking photos and documenting the process of bringing this one back from the edge.

Fellow Beachcat member Holmeswake's Trac 18 is a lot prettier than mine but hey it was only three hundred bucks so it's not so bad.

It fit my requirements:
    Cheap, Lighter than average 349lbs, Pretty quick 67.5 Portsmouth and plenty of hull volume to deal with the big people. Bonus was it's boomless design and all Harken tackle.

The short list to be completed before the first sail:
    -Restitch the trampoline seams
    -New lines for the entire boat
    -Jib is torn and may not be repairable
    -Main sheet needs to visit Sailcare for a cleaning
    -Get a set of Cat Tracks
    -and a little glass work.

I wish The Trac Cat Website was still online, sigh.
    This Trac Cat 16 pdf is a great resource though.

I'll be happy to contribute photo's Damon. Let me know where to put them.

THANK YOU to all that posted I appreciate it!

PS- Been a little busy today but still made some progress.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_AcWIvKvdUKY/TDpyRHkO8-I/AAAAAAAABj8/hOsGd0eiKh4/IMG00188-20100711-2040.jpg

edited by: lonbordin, Jul 11, 2010 - 10:46 PM

--
    LIVE LIFE... Dave Wilcox
    Trac 18
    Bloomington, IN
    --
  • lonbordin
    -Restitch the trampoline seams Any recommendations here?

Check in your area for a tent and awning maker, they have the heavy duty machines needed for that, they wouldn't need to know anything about tramps other than you need them to use UV-stable thread.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • lonbordinI'll be happy to contribute photo's Damon. Let me know where to put them.

I've created a new top album in Beachcats Identification called "Trac 18 - AMF Alcort" and placed an album title "Trac 18 - lonbordin" inside, you are the owner of the lonbordin album so once you are in their just click on "Add Items" in the left menu to upload pics.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=74651

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • damonAdmin
    lonbordin
    -Restitch the trampoline seams Any recommendations here?

Check in your area for a tent and awning maker, they have the heavy duty machines needed for that, they wouldn't need to know anything about tramps other than you need them to use UV-stable thread.

I edited out the recommendations part (too slow it seems) because I found a local place with experience willing to do it. (I almost passed out! What luck!)

I'll upload my pics to that album from now on out, thanks.

--
    LIVE LIFE... Dave Wilcox
    Trac 18
    Bloomington, IN
    --
  • Glad to hear you found yourself a cat. Hopefully you will be on the water soon with it.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.