Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Referbing Older Hobie 18- Righting line.  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5:

• Quotethe photo is trapped off the wing, in only 7mph, & I can just barely hold it down. I realize I'm not piked out efficiently, but my feet are nearly 7' from the centre. I think the 8' beam will require even more finesse.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=112332&g2_serialNumber=4

Not sure why your so overpowered in 7 mph. was it a beam reach?

I had my 6.0 out the past few weekends. I can handle it (solo) without problem (sans harness) under 15 knots
    Sat it was gusting 20 - 25 and i was very overpowered and without the jib out was getting my ass kicked with tacking. i went back to the beach.

Reefed the main, and sailed without the jib. sailed like a dream. but no one else was sailing anymore so i went in.
  • MN3+1
    Quote did not mean to suggest tying the righting line to the dolphin striker and handling it directly from there underneath the boat.

i personally wrap my righting line knot around the mast base.. i would rather replace that 1 part (if it ever failed from righting) than all the parts in my DS system

I agree, I ended up pulling the DS post off centre when the line slipped to the bottom of the post. It looks like the mast step now needs replacing. I still tie it onto the DS post for storage but loop it around the mast before I take it over the hull so the stress on the DS post is reduced. Waiting to see what breaks as a result.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.