Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie Wave < Perfect Boat < F-16  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Hey, no one is "hating" but most have a strong opinion about the one boat they love. All boats have a plus/minus evaluation. Which boat you end up with depends on which has the most check marks in the plus column for you. Think about what criteria is important to you, compare all the boats, buy one and get out on the water. It is a great sport no matter your platform.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • dssaakHey, no one is "hating" but most have a strong opinion about the one boat they love. All boats have a plus/minus evaluation. Which boat you end up with depends on which has the most check marks in the plus column for you. Think about what criteria is important to you, compare all the boats, buy one and get out on the water. It is a great sport no matter your platform.

Thanks dk,
    Unfortunately, different opinions can be misinterpreted as "hate" in our woke world icon_wink .

--
    Brgds
    Lars

Frankentri 5.8/5.5/Inter20
    Aerow trimaran foiler

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1192604934176635
    --
  • People try to talk me into buying a sun-fish as my 1st boat. Im here to find out if a Wave could do that job too instead. I have not sailed anything yet.
  • laylaPeople try to talk me into buying a sun-fish as my 1st boat. Im here to find out if a Wave could do that job too instead. I have not sailed anything yet.

I can guarantee a Wave will do the job better as your first boat icon_cool .

Edited by revintage on Dec 10, 2022 - 02:07 PM.

--
    Brgds
    Lars

Frankentri 5.8/5.5/Inter20
    Aerow trimaran foiler

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1192604934176635
    --
  • laylaPeople try to talk me into buying a sun-fish as my 1st boat. Im here to find out if a Wave could do that job too instead. I have not sailed anything yet.

A Wave is an excellent first boat. I sailed almost elusively Waves for the past 20+ years.
  • revintageI can guarantee a Wave will do the job better as your first boat.

danielt1263A Wave is an excellent first boat. I sailed almost elusively Waves for the past 20+ years.

What I was hoping to hear. icon_cool
  • wxguythe HOBIE WAVE Tuning Guide.

Jib!! icon_biggrin
  • If you want to race in a Sunfish fleet, the Wave will not do a better job as your first boat. What is the criteria then you can determine the boat. If you are talking about sailing technique specifically, yes, it will do as a first boat. As they say, if you can tack a H14, you can tack anything.

Way back when my wife and I were very young and also very light weight, we used to take the H14 out and anchor it out on the lake. We'd eat lunch, swim, sunbath and then sail some more. I think that would have been hard to do on a sunfish. I am glad my first boat was a H14. However, today, there are different alternatives depending on what you think your end game may be.

I have bought and sold my share of boats over the years. Some of the best times of my life include sailing.
    Jump in with both feet and don't look back.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • dssaakIf you are talking about sailing technique specifically, yes, it will do as a first boat.

Yes!! icon_cool

Edited by layla on Dec 11, 2022 - 06:05 PM.
  • pt_pinosThe wave is a perfectly competent boat to learn basic sailing in, you might learn different habits in it than a small monohull but the principles would be the same.

This is another yes.

Wave! icon_cool
  • dssaakAs they say, if you can tack a H14, you can tack anything.

What is H14?
  • That does it. I'm getting a Wave!

Edited by layla on Dec 12, 2022 - 02:03 PM.
  • layla
    dssaakAs they say, if you can tack a H14, you can tack anything.

What is H14?

Hobie 14??

Edited by layla on Dec 12, 2022 - 05:25 PM.
  • Hobie 14 is the boat reference but the technical point is tacking a boat that has no jib and the transistion from one tack to the other is 8ft apart not to mention any kind of wave action.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • On the Wave in light or very heavy air. Tacking sometimes involves hiking way out on the aft quarter to get the boat to pivot using the opposite bow as a sail...
  • Bought a Sunfish. icon_lol

It was cheap and well maintained. I couldn't have passed.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.