Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Slo Sail & Canvas Trampoline Repair  Bottom

• Hi. I have a H18 and I replaced the trampoline in 2014. UV Exposure to the tramp has been 50/50.
    It is a 3 piece tramp and this past weekend, my knee caused a 6" tear along the seam midway of the starboard hull. Has anyone ever made a repair on these tramps once they start to tear? I have ordered a new one from Slo Sail, but they are 8 weeks lead time. I'm thinking I can just stitch it every 3/16", using a circle needle. Maybe top that off with some sail repair tape? Anyone else made a similar repair?

--
    Tim Young
    Hobie 18' + other stuff that floats and goes.
    Kentucky
    --
  • There are a bunch on Ebay new for sale. Slo sails has a listing saying more than 10 available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/…5db60:g:jWwAAOxyXWdQ4gQ5

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Nacra I20,P18, P16,H16
    --
  • I'd give them a call. Their website said the same thing about the Nacra 5.0 when ebay said they had them in stock. When I called they said ebay insisted on faster shipping so the ones ordered off their were a priority. I got mine in less than 7 days I think.
    Shawn
  • QuoteI'm thinking I can just stitch it every 3/16", using a circle needle. Maybe top that off with some sail repair tape? Anyone else made a similar repair?

i don't know what a circle needle is but i know for sure sail tape isn't gonna do sqwat to hold a tramp together

Mesh or fake leather tramp?

i have had high quality tramps repaired and restitched and way extend the life. i have seen enough tramps fail on people that i know i don't want that to happen to me (i need 2 new tramps currently):

you can patch tramps BUT if your hand or knee is making holes in the middle of your tramp it sounds shot / and if you continue to use it - you are using gear in poor condition and that can be dangerous - ymmv

(i hate slo)
  • Quoteyou can patch tramps BUT if your hand or knee is making holes in the middle of your tramp it sounds shot / and if you continue to use it - you are using gear in poor condition and that can be dangerous - ymmv

Very dangerous when stepping the mast. Check out Sunrise Yacht Products out of St. Pete.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.7
    Sarasota
    --
  • shortyfox
    Quoteyou can patch tramps BUT if your hand or knee is making holes in the middle of your tramp it sounds shot / and if you continue to use it - you are using gear in poor condition and that can be dangerous - ymmv

Very dangerous when stepping the mast. Check out Sunrise Yacht Products out of St. Pete.

(they are in Pinellas Park - but very close to St Pete)

I hate to report it but Sunrise was sold.
    i have seen a few of the new owners product. they are not up to old sunrise standards.
    my friend had to return his new 6.0 tramp multiple times and sunrise did not do the work as expected

hopefully it is just some growing pains - i will never ever ever use SLOW again

Edited by MN3 on Sep 11, 2020 - 08:16 AM.

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.