Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18-2  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Here's a Prindle 19 that's still available on this site in the same state:

https://www.thebeachcats.com/classifieds/catamarans-for-sale/p16407-1988-prindle-19-for-sale-or-trade.html
  • What are people’s thoughts of this 19 that’s for sale on this site - the price is low - any issues to be looking for.

Thanks for the advice guys

Steve/Josh aka Sizzlesuggs55
  • sizzlesuggs55What are people’s thoughts of this 19 that’s for sale on this site - the price is low - any issues to be looking for.

Thanks for the advice guys

Steve/Josh aka Sizzlesuggs55

Worth a look in person
    look for soft spots on the hulls, cracks in the beams, cracks in the hulls near the beams, storage condition (not on the dirt), look at the bottoms for wear or "leaks-to-be"

assume the worst: sails and rigging are tramp are end of life.. all should be replaced, so add that to your budget

but i love the p19 - great boat
    you can custom rig it for speed and power or cruising
  • sizzlesuggs55What are people’s thoughts of this 19 that’s for sale on this site - the price is low - any issues to be looking for.

Steve/Josh

Things I like:
    Galvanized trailer with big wheels.
    Batten count and sail pattern make it a late model factory dacron pinhead main (early 90's).
    Roller furling on the jib is nice.

Questions:
    Are the jib battens sewn in vertically parallel to the forestay? I can't tell from the one picture.
    A few 19s were made without gelcote stripes- was this one or has it had the hulls repainted?
    Is the front mast support on the trailer adjustable in height? it is currently very low...
    Are the rudders flat bottomed or round tip? Rudder pics here:
    https://www.thebeachcats.…cdd642e0e7b9d091217f94f1
    If seller will give you the serial number off the starboard transom it will tell you the year.

Why is there an ad below my post?

Edited by klozhald on Mar 23, 2020 - 01:27 PM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Thanks again for the help and advice - really appreciate it icon_wink
  • klozhald
    sizzlesuggs55What are people’s thoughts of this 19 that’s for sale on this site - the price is low - any issues to be looking for.

Steve/Josh

Things I like:
    Galvanized trailer with big wheels.
    Batten count and sail pattern make it a late model factory dacron pinhead main (early 90's).
    Roller furling on the jib is nice.

Questions:
    Are the jib battens sewn in vertically parallel to the forestay? I can't tell from the one picture.
    A few 19s were made without gelcote stripes- was this one or has it had the hulls repainted?
    Is the front mast support on the trailer adjustable in height? it is currently very low...
    Are the rudders flat bottomed or round tip? Rudder pics here:
    https://www.thebeachcats.…cdd642e0e7b9d091217f94f1
    If seller will give you the serial number off the starboard transom it will tell you the year.

Why is there an ad below my post?Edited by klozhald on Mar 23, 2020 - 01:27 PM.

As far as I know the early ones 89 and earlier had stripped made from gelcoat

--
    Captain Chris Holley
    Fulshear, TX
    '87 Prindle 19 "¡Hijole!"
    '74 sunfish "1fish"
    --
  • cholley12As far as I know the early ones 89 and earlier had stripped made from gelcoat

I think you are right. My point is to ask about the hulls.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.