Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2012 Juana Good Time Regatta  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

• No worries, were bringing nice weather with us... were 3 hours out.

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    1978,1978,1979,1982,1986 Hobie 16's
    --
  • I'm here now, getting some work in so I can play the rest of the day. Beautiful right now, clouds to the North over the mainland but nice on the Island/coast.

I'll be setting up in the trailer parking lot after lunch at 1:30pm Thursday if anyone is around, I'll need mast stepping and "drag the beast 50 yards to the beach" assistance.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • fxloopWhats funny is..... I just did some mild Hull flying up here in Sardis MS... 10mph consistent and some short 15-20 bursts by the Dam Site yesterday, This sat looks like 12-16mph winds, 10%precip and sunday 13mph all day with no rain all weekend. I'd still rather be down in FL with you guys having a blast!!!! Sunday looks like the best winds there per wunderground.com.... 13-16 MPH, no rain! ( The cold beer will make it seem faster though ). I've never trapped while hull flying away... would love a crew trial!!

Tim

You coming down?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I should be there by 4:00 or so tomorrow afternoon. FYI....per Kevin Rejda (scheduled PRO for Juana's?) over on the Catsailor Open Forum....

Not too much trouble from Isaac, just a couple of blustery days. Key Sailing had about an inch or two of water in the shop, enough to make it stink is what Boog said. If any of you coming from the west planned on crossing over to the island at Pensacola Beach for the drive down the beach road, don't. Isaac tore the road up, closed at least for the near future.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • I'm registered - heading up in the morning with my H16 icon_smile
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • Does not look like I'm going to make it....... heul

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • OK, who was that dude who led wire to wire and was first back to the beach?

oh wait, that was.me. icon_razz

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • This was our 1st regatta, and the 3rd time sailing our cat. When starting the distance race, was the requirement to go to the south of the boat with the flags?

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • panic, stop your killing me. are you still at juanas? what's your name what boat is yours?

I'm sitting in the juanas club in the a/c watching football.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Everybody recovered from the Juana Weekend?

Stories? Pictures? Videos?

Lets see em.

I'm still here licking my wounds from getting my butt kicked on Sunday.

I'll have more stories later for now I'll just mention that I pitch-poled before the first race and then went over again at the first A mark. That was enough for me to get the message that it wasn't my day.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Results are posted on Juana's Regatta Page. http://www.juanaspagodas.com/regattanews.htm. Working on getting pictures posted. Should have some up by the end of the day icon_smile
  • DamonLinkousOK, who was that dude who led wire to wire and was first back to the beach?

Gee Damon..Did that statement jinx you for Sunday? Humm, I wonder? icon_eek
  • I'm still here, weather forecast great for tomorrow, who's up for some sailing?!??!
    10am, 11? ( gonna throw down tonight a litte lol )
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • fxloopI'm still here, weather forecast great for tomorrow, who's up for some sailing?!??!
    10am, 11? ( gonna throw down tonight a litte lol )
    Tim

We should be out there tomorrow around that time. We have the Blue Prindle 16.

Chris

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • DamonLinkouspanic, stop your killing me. are you still at juanas? what's your name what boat is yours?

I'm sitting in the juanas club in the a/c watching football.

I guess it would have helped to read the rules and not just look at the diagrams... We had the blue Prindle that was dead last (DNS)...

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • I'll come over, boats still on the beach. I didn't go near it today, I felt like I was beat with a bag of hammers after Sundays capsizes.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • terryhagle
    DamonLinkousOK, who was that dude who led wire to wire and was first back to the beach?

Gee Damon..Did that statement jinx you for Sunday? Humm, I wonder? icon_eek

I think absolutely! I seriously hadn't capsized for about ten years, despite sailing solo in all types of weather, inshore and offshore. Then to do it twice in 20 minutes on a not particularly high-wind day....

Anyway, Terry, thanks again for helping me right the first time and offering the second time. Your little daughter was a real hero single handing the boat while you came over. Hope she liked getting the trophy and flowers!

One other thing though. I could honestly say that I was first back to the beach both days.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Congratulation to Damon for winning the Carlton Tucker Trophy!
    There is not a more honorable perpetual award to receive than this one, nor one that is more cherish-able.
    This one was long overdue.
    WTG DAMON!

--
    Philip
    --
  • Pictures from Saturday take by the Navarre Press http://www.shutterfly.com…aid=768a5498cf3bba5e306e
  • I am still in recovery mode! Great time.... Wonderful hosts! And there is no one more deserving than Damon! Congratulations, what an honor!

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    1978,1978,1979,1982,1986 Hobie 16's
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.