Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2012 Juana Good Time Regatta  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

• Hoping for the best, everyone on the coast get ready, never know what these things will do.

http://www.wunderground.c…l/at201209.windprob.html

http://icons-ak.wunderground.com/data/images/at201209_sat.jpghttp://icons-ak.wunderground.com/data/images/at201209_5day.gif

http://icons-ak.wunderground.com/data/images/at201209_ensmodel.gifhttp://icons-ak.wunderground.com/data/images/at201209_climo.gif

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Navarre is between, Pensacola an fort Walton. icon_rolleyes

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    1978,1978,1979,1982,1986 Hobie 16's
    --
  • Right now Issac is suppose to hit us around Tues or Wednesday. They now have the eye hitting near Mobile. Should know more tomorrow, but we are getting prepared. I will keep you posted as Issac heads our way.

For those of you planning on getting here Wed. or Thurs of this week, I will be boarded up in my house with lots of beer! You are welcome to join my hurricane party, if you make it into town icon_smile

-Mandy

Edited by juanas on Aug 26, 2012 - 07:42 AM.
  • juanasRight now Issac is suppose to hit us around Tues or Wednesday. They now have the eye hitting near Mobile. Should know more tomorrow, but we are getting prepared. I will keep you posted as Issac heads our way.

For those of you planning on getting here Wed. or Thurs of this week, I will be boarded up in my house with lots of beer! You are welcome to join my hurricane party, if you make it into town icon_smile

-Mandy

Be safe Mandy, I'm always afraid that the locals take these things lightly if they aren't "the big one" but those cat 1 & 2's are serious too!

Just wondering about the new buildings at Juanas that have been built since the last round of hurricanes with Erin, Opal, Ivan, and Dennis. What wind standards were used? I know water usually does the most damage, but any new high-rise buildings have to be designed for 200 mph winds, what about Tiki Huts? icon_cool

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • DamonLinkous
    juanasRight now Issac is suppose to hit us around Tues or Wednesday. They now have the eye hitting near Mobile. Should know more tomorrow, but we are getting prepared. I will keep you posted as Issac heads our way.

-Mandy

Be safe Mandy, I'm always afraid that the locals take these things lightly if they aren't "the big one" but those cat 1 & 2's are serious too!

Just wondering about the new buildings at Juanas that have been built since the last round of hurricanes with Erin, Opal, Ivan, and Dennis. What wind standards were used? I know water usually does th most damage, but any new high-rise buildings have to be designed for 200 mph winds, what about Tiki Huts? icon_cool

This is actually my first hurricane.. I am north of 98 and not on the beach but I have my ambulance packed up and ready to go if it comes to that. As for Juanas the tiki hut has been reconstructed after Ivan to stay put.... Welll the roof maybe not the thatching. New building to. I would have to talk to the boss to get the specifics

Edited by juanas on Aug 26, 2012 - 01:36 PM.
  • Navarre Beach Campground has waterfront cabins for $184 daily, on the beach, sleeps 8, private beach on Santa Rosa Sound, just a quick sail up to Juanas, anyone interested?

Or you can throw up a tent for just $49 daily

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • http://www.navbeach.com/Default.aspx

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Juana's is fighting the impression that their bridge is closed (It's not) or that they aren't open (they are)

Quote from Juana's Pagodas Facebook icon_biggrin

QuoteContrary to most of the gossip I'm hearing, they are not closing the Navarre Beach bridge tonight (if at all). We here at Juana's have decided instead to issue a mandatory evacuation of the mainland, so come on out to the beach where it's safe and join us for some beers and storm watching tonight in the Club. We will keep you posted on our status over the next few days, but we are hopeful at this point that we will be open as usual all week.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Looking to share lodging with someone down in Pensacola for Juanas, contact me at :-
    (five 7 three) six 7 three- 5 one 9 six

Turbo

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • teperacing... Shakedown cruise will be on Thursday.... Fingers crossed!

Tepe: You have just about week to get your ass and that boat down to Juana's. How'd the shakedown go???

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • Sunny & 90's for the next week!

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • Jerome, boats are still in pieces... Shakedown cruise will be next Thursday in Navarre, we come home every night and do a little more to get them as good as we can. We are going to leave Wednesday night, bringing four 16s with us. My brother Marks two sons are coming with us this year for the first time, should be fun! Question, my old boat was a 78' I had the newer low profile ronstan jib cars on it in the trac. The boat I bought is a 86, it has the swivel cleat closer to the mast and then the four hole thing in the trac.... Is that a better set up than what I had?

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • teperacingQuestion, my old boat was a 78' I had the newer low profile ronstan jib cars on it in the trac. The boat I bought is a 86, it has the swivel cleat closer to the mast and then the four hole thing in the trac.... Is that a better set up than what I had?

I may not understand exactly what you've got correctly, but...

I never used the 4-hole "plastic knuckle" Trentec car so can't really give an honest comparison. Some folks swear by them. However, I really dig the Ronstan low profile cars.....they work so sweet and the jib sheet pulls more directly on the clew. I would think it has to be better to have the traveller, rather than the sheet, doing all that winding around. You could replace the Trentec cars with the low pros for your sheets, then use the swivel cams on the beam for yor traveller lines.

If that's too confusing, just ignore it. Probably best to try out both anyway.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • I think he's referring to this setup:-

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10634&g2_serialNumber=9

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • I'm off on Thursday and out at Juana's, if you want to tip a few cold ones after the sea trials...

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • That pic shows what is on the 86 boat, it does have the trentec cars... Maybe I'll just stick to what I know. Panic... That sounds real good! Will probably be tipping some during sea trials, that's Tepe Racings Style! icon_biggrin

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • Midnight and we still have yet to put my sons boat together... Gel coat is still drying! We leave wednesday at 8 pm.

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • You are not missing anything down here right now... 2 days of rain! I knew I should have gone out on Sunday.

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • Whats funny is..... I just did some mild Hull flying up here in Sardis MS... 10mph consistent and some short 15-20 bursts by the Dam Site yesterday, This sat looks like 12-16mph winds, 10%precip and sunday 13mph all day with no rain all weekend. I'd still rather be down in FL with you guys having a blast!!!! Sunday looks like the best winds there per wunderground.com.... 13-16 MPH, no rain! ( The cold beer will make it seem faster though ). I've never trapped while hull flying away... would love a crew trial!!

Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • Keep an eye out for Invest 90L. icon_eek

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.