Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2012 Juana Good Time Regatta  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

• juanasIt is never to early to start thinking about the Juana's Good Time Regatta! icon_cool

I think you are right Mandy, I daydream about it all year round!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hey, Tepe....Here's a quote from Tikipete (Blade sailor from farther down in FL) over on the Catsailor forums after attending Juana's Good Time Regatta a while back....

"And btw, the H-16 crowd are still the party champions of the Universe!"

He obviously had the pleasure of meeting you Cincy boys! Gotta love it!!!!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • The races are Saturday and Sunday. I'm staying about 40 minutes away over in Destin. Just curious...will we be able to keep the boat (mast up) on the beach overnight at Juana's?

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • I'll be down fri- tues with my Hobie 16. Anyone want to go in on a beach house/condo for the weekend thats close? Can't wait to sail with Damon and the other beachcats! Getting my boat and trailer ready for the long drive down ( 7hrs or so ) going to make a vacation out of the event! Good times for sure =0)
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • motivatedThe races are Saturday and Sunday. I'm staying about 40 minutes away over in Destin. Just curious...will we be able to keep the boat (mast up) on the beach overnight at Juana's?

Yes

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Damon, Thanks for the pic suggestion, thought the team logo was a better option....http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/cincykeoke/b53d7b4f.jpg?t=1343947803
    Jerome, thanks for the advice on the B.V.I. trip! We had no problem chartering the lagoon using your name and credit card!
    Motivated, if things get out of hand, you can crash at the Tepe Compound rather than driving back to Destin, lots of people sleep on their boats.
    http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/cincykeoke/3fc48139.jpg?t=1343947971

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    1978,1978,1979,1982,1986 Hobie 16's
    --
  • I was under the impression there was camping there?

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Some folks, have campers/rv's in the parking lot next door, and also sleep on their boats.

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • teperacingSome folks, have campers/rv's in the parking lot next door, and also sleep on their boats.

Camping and overnight not allowed in the lot next to Juana's. Sheriff will ticket you and make you move. They've started ticketing cars without trailers that park in the trailer spaces this year (This makes the boaters VERY happy!).

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • So where do you keep your trailer? Is it possible they make exceptions for the regatta? I know a lot of people did it in years past... We were going to bring our boats down in a 24' enclosed.... Not sure what to do now? Maybe Mandy could chime in on that?

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • I don't know about "unattended" trailers. I know 2 weeks ago, there was a 2 wrecker taking trailers that were left there at 11pm.
    Juana's might have an "in" for the regatta, but that is also a holiday weekend and the place fills up. I bet if you parked in the way back part of the lot they might be more foregiving...

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • panic_buttonbut that is also a holiday weekend and the place fills up. I bet if you parked in the way back part of the lot they might be more foregiving...

The race is the weekend after Labor Day weekend, It's not a holiday weekend.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I guess I should looked at a calander... Now I have an excuse for another 3 day weekend.

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • nacra55The race is the weekend after Labor Day weekend, It's not a holiday weekend.

While not an official US holiday, my calendar says that Sunday, September 9th is Grandparents' Day, so I have a proposition for you Beachcats who are also grandparents. Ditch your grandkids to attend this regatta, and I'll buy you a Corona at the Skippers' Meeting on Sunday morning. Corona goes really good with those pecan sticky bun pastry things that they serve for breakfast!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • Update... Seems there is no issue with parking in lot overnight, Juannas new addition is really nice and the wind has been wonderful. The beer is cold and I think with the week of sailing, I may be able to finally beat Jerome!

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • teperacing I may be able to finally beat Jerome!

I've never before met anyone who could type in their sleep, Tepe. I mean...you are obviously DREAMING! icon_rolleyes

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • teperacingI may be able to finally beat Jerome!

Gauntlet... thrown! icon_evil

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Lol! I fell asleep at 9pm last night after an epic day of sailing.... I was up at 4:30 am, charting currents in the bay, looking at 50 years of past wind history and figuring out where the hell that damn marker is! ( last year we went past it by a mile and still had a respectable finish!) I'm leaving nothing to chance this year! I am willing to bet a beer that Tepe Racing will bring down the sailing duo of Jerome and his lovely bride! icon_biggrin

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • teperacing.....and figuring out where the hell that damn marker is!

Okay now that's just going too far! It would be totally unfair for anyone to actually know where the turning mark is. Pretty sure that's against the rules for distance racing. May have to protest....

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • fxloopI'll be down fri- tues with my Hobie 16. Anyone want to go in on a beach house/condo for the weekend thats close? Can't wait to sail with Damon and the other beachcats! Getting my boat and trailer ready for the long drive down ( 7hrs or so ) going to make a vacation out of the event! Good times for sure =0)
    Tim

Make sure to check out the accommodations sponsors on our site. They are offering discounts. Gulf Properties and Dale E. Peterson are the condo rental companies.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.