Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2012 Juana Good Time Regatta  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

• This is a great regatta in Navarre Beach Florida!
    http://www.juanaspagodas.com/RegattaNews.htm

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    1978,1978,1979,1982,1986 Hobie 16's
    --
  • We'll be there, but then again we live 1 mile away and are usually there on the weekends...

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • We're in. See you there.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I plan to attend.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • I'm in, love that place. Looking forward to breezes that aren't attached to a heat advisory!

Nothing like true temp over 100 with 70% humidity, that's Memphis hot.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Some day I'll make the trek to one of these though I might have arrange to borrow a boat I really don't wanna tow that far.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • QuarathSome day I'll make the trek to one of these though I might have arrange to borrow a boat I really don't wanna tow that far.

They have Hobie Getaway races specifically for those travelling in with out a boat. I believe these boats are part of Juana's rental fleet.

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • I just made hotel reservations and definitely plan on being there. I tried to make this race last year, but had too many conflicts. This is a great place to sail and I've heard nothing but good things about the event and the event organizers. Looking forward to meeting other beachcatters.

--
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • Motivated, I've been admiring your boat for awhile.... I have spinnaker envy! Look forward to meeting you. From what I heard last year, they had a ball with those getaways. I think there were 25 Hobie 16s last year.

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • teperacingMotivated, I've been admiring your boat for awhile.... I have spinnaker envy! Look forward to meeting you. From what I heard last year, they had a ball with those getaways. I think there were 25 Hobie 16s last year.

The spinnaker is fun, almost scary fun. It's a handful for me, since I'm primarily sailing solo. Unfortunately they don't let me use it in the races so it's dead weight. I'm also looking forward to meeting other TBC'rs and will be at the mixer Friday evening. This is only my second regatta and I'm really looking forward to the competition.

--
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • I'm in for sure!! I can bring my H16 or do they rent cats there for that weekend?
    Looks like a great time!
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • fxloopI'm in for sure!! I can bring my H16 or do they rent cats there for that weekend?
    Looks like a great time!
    Tim

Bring your H16, lots of great friendly Hobie sailors at Juanas, if you pay attention you'll learn more in one weekend than years sailing by yourself.

Inspect your boat and trailer very carefully before the trip. Especially trailer wheel bearings and tires, an extra spare isn't a bad idea.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • From what I could tell it looked like they are waves not Getaways though they may have both I've never been there. I could sail a Getaway probably but I'd probably turn a wave into a slightly floating brick.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • QuarathFrom what I could tell it looked like they are waves not Getaways though they may have both I've never been there. I could sail a Getaway probably but I'd probably turn a wave into a slightly floating brick.

Yes, it's a Wave race, but there were folks of all sizes having a blast. They do those races off the beach, basically out to a mark and back to the beach for the next racer. It's not like the Waves are mixing it up with the general fleet.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Dustin is correct. Juana has Waves not Getaways, and I expect quantity is limited so preregistration would be advised. The Waves also do much shorter courses for obvious reasons. If anyone doesn't want to do a long trail or the Wave, I'd recommend that you contact Captain Kirk at Key Sailing about a Hobie 16 charter.

See you folks that Friday! Will we be gathering in the shadow of Damon again? I'll buy the first round for all TheBeachcats except the Tepes....they're multiplying like rabbits and I'm not a wealthy man!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • On the Juana's Pagodas website they have a cool video slideshow of the place over the years through several hurricanes and new constructions.

http://juanaspagodas.com/2012EventPhotos.htm#years

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Jerome, TepeRacing loves this regatta and the people so much, it's what we look forward to all year long! There's talk of the brothers chartering a 44' lagoon in the b.v.i, s this January for 10 days.... We are all probably more excited about this race! Mainly because this could be the year that one of us in the TepeRacing fleet finally beats you and your lovely wife! I'm headed down on the 11th for some summer training and strategic planning.

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • teperacingJerome, TepeRacing loves this regatta and the people so much, it's what we look forward to all year long!

TepeRacing, this is the brothers from Ohio? Good to see you here, welcome to TheBeachcats.com, don't be a stranger(s). You guys always add to the fun of a fun event.

Make yourself one of those fancy signature things and an avatar, may I suggest this one for you?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/413267_447032055319605_374267109_o.jpg

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • teperacingJerome, TepeRacing loves this regatta and the people so much, it's what we look forward to all year long! There's talk of the brothers chartering a 44' lagoon in the b.v.i, s this January for 10 days.... We are all probably more excited about this race! Mainly because this could be the year that one of us in the TepeRacing fleet finally beats you and your lovely wife! I'm headed down on the 11th for some summer training and strategic planning.

Here's a tip for your BVI trip....use an alias in case the charter company Googles "Tepe" while considering your sailing resumes. When they find all those videos and pictures of your capsizes, they're sure to turn you down! Granted Team Tepe has some lofty numbers, but there still ain't enough of you skinny fellas to right a Lagoon 44! icon_lol

See ya' soon, my friend, and (win, lose, or draw) it will be a Good Time indeed!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • It is never to early to start thinking about the Juana's Good Time Regatta! icon_cool

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.