Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

help identify this mystery cat  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4:

• Looks good! What type of paint did you use? I'll be looking to re-paint mine at some point. Probably the same color you used.

Have fun up at Bear Lake. I wish i had time to go all the way up there. I'll have mine out on Willard Bay Monday.

--
    70's 18' Sol Cat "Venora"
    70's 18' Sol Cat "Bumblebee"
    60's 14' Sailstar Tallstar sloop "Arandora"

Heber City, UT
    --
  • Both of you should come run the LaBeaus LeMans Grand Prix 20 with us on Sept 1st at Bear Lake.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • I would love to but its pretty much impossible for me to get saturdays off. icon_frown

Oh and Shaun, i'm pretty sure i saw you driving up highway 40 today just outside of Heber around 6:30 with your cat. (Unless it was someone else with the same boat...) At first i thought it was another Sol Cat, but then i saw that unmistakable front spar. Looks good! I was going to go sailing as well but the forecast called for "light and variable winds around 5 knots" oh well.

--
    70's 18' Sol Cat "Venora"
    70's 18' Sol Cat "Bumblebee"
    60's 14' Sailstar Tallstar sloop "Arandora"

Heber City, UT
    --
  • Good news & bad news, kinda sorta. I've enjoyed sailing my gorgeous catamaran but am planning to move this winter and can't take it with me.

I thought I'd give you guys a shot at it first if anyone wants to make an offer.
    (I know some of you who only have 3 boats are looking to fill an empty spot in your heart :)

FYI I put another $400 and at least 40 hours into what was a steal in the first place.

--
    Shaun
    1967 P-Cat Cousin "Yellow Jacket"
    Orem, UT
    --
  • VenoraOh and Shaun, i'm pretty sure i saw you driving up highway 40 today just outside of Heber around 6:30 with your cat.

Yep, that was me, btw! And yep, Bear Lake winds were fairly mild all week, other than a brief frontal passage that I sadly missed :( Still felt great to be out on that blue water on the boat, though, and using the trapeze wires even if we never flew a hull :)

Edited by bananaboat on Oct 15, 2012 - 09:05 PM.

--
    Shaun
    Orem, UT
    --
  • Hello again, everyone. Thought I'd let you know that I'm planning to sell this unique vintage piece of sailing history soon. I'll ask 1,500 obo, and wanted to tell you first, because I'd feel a lot better seeing it fall into the hands of someone who appreciates it. Any interest at all??

--
    Shaun
    Orem, UT
    --
  • bananaboatHello again, everyone. Thought I'd let you know that I'm planning to sell this unique vintage piece of sailing history soon. I'll ask 1,500 obo, and wanted to tell you first, because I'd feel a lot better seeing it fall into the hands of someone who appreciates it. Any interest at all??

Put it in the Classifieds here with some good pictures. Got any pics of it sailing?

I guess we never nailed down exactly what this is and where it came from?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • If you look in the Classifieds under "Cats Wanted", there is a guy looking for a P-Cat.
  • there is a P-cat for sale here at this time. don't know how long it will be listed.
    j
    http://lincoln.craigslist.org/boa/3708905417.html
    http://images.craigslist.org/3F53L33J15Ea5K15J5d3s9eb032a9e46a1aa5.jpg

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Thanks for the tips.

I listed it for 1500, and just dropped it to 1200, and I'm very flexible if any of you guys are still at all interested.

My best guess at this point is that it's a P-Cat version without the hard deck that didn't get mass produced.

--
    Shaun
    Orem, UT
    --
  • Here is another example of a similar cat.

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/7115

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.