Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

How to speed up rigging/de-rigging  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Agree with above, coil wires seperately and bungee to tramp. Figure up a set up routine and do it the EXACT same way each time and just reverse the order for take down. If theft is not a problem, the less you have to put on and take off the faster the process will be.
  • here's what i do to keep the shrouds and trapeze lines attached to the mast while traveling. after the mast is on it's supports, i pull the starboard shroud and trap lines backward off the rear of the boat. since they are still attached to the mast and the hull, they form a 'v' shape to the back. then i form a 12" circle near the back by flipping all three wires to the right and then flipping this circle forward, which doubles the loops in the circle. every time i add to the circle i tell myself 'right, over' then 'left, under' then 'right, over' etc until they are coiled over the tramp. this means the wires never have more than 1/2 turn or 'twist' in them so they don't fight to open back up. when done, i slip the coil under the footstraps and tie them with a small bungee. then i do the port side. very orderly and no scratching against any metal. i push the trap handles into the daggerboard wells so they aren't flopping around.

i have to remove my forestay since it has the furled jib on it so i can't leave that on the boat. on short trips i leave the rudders on but tied 'up' with line so they can't drop to the pavement, but definitely remove them on longer trips. there are just so many things you can do to save time but some parts cost too much to risk theft.

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.