Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

First time Nacra Owner Questions  Bottom

• Hi, all i just bought my first nacra a 84' 5.0. i currently own a H17 and a Trac 14 i have owned a H14 and H14T,H16 and Solcat 18.and have always wanted a nacra the oppourtunity came and i went and bought it.So my questions are is there gonna be a noticeable difference bieng boomless and boardless.i love my H17 i have a square top on it and theres a guy that sails a 5.0 on are bay and just flippin flies on his 5.0 and it just dont compare to my H17 granted he is a champion on iceboats and races cats so he's got far more years and knowledge of cats then me,but what are some pros and cons for a Nacra 5.0 and help would be much appreciated and my H17 is going to be up for-sale oh so shortly.Now i'm part of the Nacra club,ya buddy.
  • First off, email Philip, & ask him how he beats away all the naked chicks that flock to NACRAS!
    Second, forget about buried hulls & pitchpoling, just drive the crap out of it.
    Third, look for an N5.7, & take all the girls out sailing at the same time!Seriously,upwind, move forward, bury the bow, rake the mast a bit,(not nearly like the hobies) & you can point nearly as high.
    Boomlees is nice, even with naked nubies, no worries mate!
    It is amazing what they will carry, & how ham fisted you can be & they won't go ass over tea kettle. The gentlemans (or drunks) chick magnet!
    Nacras Rock!

Edited by Edchris177 on Nov 21, 2010 - 09:13 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Edchris177First off, email Philip, & ask him how he beats away all the naked chicks that flock to NACRAS!
    Second, forget about buried hulls & pitchpoling, just drive the crap out of it.
    Third, look for an N5.7, & take all the girls out sailing at the same time!Seriously,upwind, move forward, bury the bow, rake the mast a bit,(not nearly like the hobies) & you can point nearly as high.
    Boomlees is nice, even with naked nubies, no worries mate!
    It is amazing what they will carry, & how ham fisted you can be & they won't go ass over tea kettle. The gentlemans (or drunks) chick magnet!
    Nacras Rock!Edited by Edchris177 on Nov 21, 2010 - 09:13 PM.

Now thats what i was hoping for,unfournately i won't be able to take her out til next year as i live in northern MI.It's gonna be a long winter.
  • Is there any info or guides for tips,tricks,upgrades,pics etc for the 5.0's that anyone is aware of.Thank you
  • Do you have the manuals for the early Nacras? Look under tech help, in the "albums". There are 2 manuals you can download. You probably know most of it, but sometimes even the crappy quality pictures can be useful.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I picked up a 1987 Nacra 5.0 this fall and have sailed a Trac 16 and Hobie 14 T in the past. I got out for 6 days solo this fall (where are the chicks?) and would say the Nacra is very responsive and fast. I like the simplicity of the boomless rig - much safer with kids on the boat. You are going to love sailing the Nacra!
  • I've had a 21SE for 10 years and bought a Nacra 5.8 last fall. Even with the old 1984 sails the boat beats my buddy's 21SE with a new square top and he is great sailor. I absolutely fell in love with the 5.8. You can drive them really hard. I totally blew away my crew (a 20 year Hobie sailor) when I buried the first 2 feet of my hull and never slowed down. I put a new pentax square top on it this summer and it really rocks now. You will love your NACRA once you get used to it.

--
    Dan Jebens Denver, CO & Lake McConaughy, NE Hobie21SE #270 "Jammin" Nacra 5.8 #656 "Una Mas"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.