First time Nacra Owner Questions

Hi, all i just bought my first nacra a 84' 5.0. i currently own a H17 and a Trac 14 i have owned a H14 and H14T,H16 and Solcat 18.and have always wanted a nacra the oppourtunity came and i went and bought it.So my questions are is there gonna be a noticeable difference bieng boomless and boardless.i love my H17 i have a square top on it and theres a guy that sails a 5.0 on are bay and just flippin flies on his 5.0 and it just dont compare to my H17 granted he is a champion on iceboats and races cats so he's got far more years and knowledge of cats then me,but what are some pros and cons for a Nacra 5.0 and help would be much appreciated and my H17 is going to be up for-sale oh so shortly.Now i'm part of the Nacra club,ya buddy.
First off, email Philip, & ask him how he beats away all the naked chicks that flock to NACRAS!
Second, forget about buried hulls & pitchpoling, just drive the crap out of it.
Third, look for an N5.7, & take all the girls out sailing at the same time!Seriously,upwind, move forward, bury the bow, rake the mast a bit,(not nearly like the hobies) & you can point nearly as high.
Boomlees is nice, even with naked nubies, no worries mate!
It is amazing what they will carry, & how ham fisted you can be & they won't go ass over tea kettle. The gentlemans (or drunks) chick magnet!
Nacras Rock!

Edited by Edchris177 on Nov 21, 2010 - 09:13 PM.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
Edchris177First off, email Philip, & ask him how he beats away all the naked chicks that flock to NACRAS!
Second, forget about buried hulls & pitchpoling, just drive the crap out of it.
Third, look for an N5.7, & take all the girls out sailing at the same time!Seriously,upwind, move forward, bury the bow, rake the mast a bit,(not nearly like the hobies) & you can point nearly as high.
Boomlees is nice, even with naked nubies, no worries mate!
It is amazing what they will carry, & how ham fisted you can be & they won't go ass over tea kettle. The gentlemans (or drunks) chick magnet!
Nacras Rock!Edited by Edchris177 on Nov 21, 2010 - 09:13 PM.

Now thats what i was hoping for,unfournately i won't be able to take her out til next year as i live in northern MI.It's gonna be a long winter.
Is there any info or guides for tips,tricks,upgrades,pics etc for the 5.0's that anyone is aware of.Thank you
Do you have the manuals for the early Nacras? Look under tech help, in the "albums". There are 2 manuals you can download. You probably know most of it, but sometimes even the crappy quality pictures can be useful.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
I picked up a 1987 Nacra 5.0 this fall and have sailed a Trac 16 and Hobie 14 T in the past. I got out for 6 days solo this fall (where are the chicks?) and would say the Nacra is very responsive and fast. I like the simplicity of the boomless rig - much safer with kids on the boat. You are going to love sailing the Nacra!
I've had a 21SE for 10 years and bought a Nacra 5.8 last fall. Even with the old 1984 sails the boat beats my buddy's 21SE with a new square top and he is great sailor. I absolutely fell in love with the 5.8. You can drive them really hard. I totally blew away my crew (a 20 year Hobie sailor) when I buried the first 2 feet of my hull and never slowed down. I put a new pentax square top on it this summer and it really rocks now. You will love your NACRA once you get used to it.

--
Dan Jebens Denver, CO & Lake McConaughy, NE Hobie21SE #270 "Jammin" Nacra 5.8 #656 "Una Mas"
--