Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Highly recommended sail loft on HHI  Bottom

• After testing our FX One in a squall out in the Port Royal Sound off HHI we had sustained a leech tear between the 2nd and 3rd battens up from the bottom. We figured sailing for the remainder of our holiday week was over, and we would either have to mail or drive the sail to a loft in Charleston, Savannah, or back to Atlanta. Not so fast! A local marina pointed us in the direction of a Quantum sail loft right on HHI. Jim Stubbs is the owner and operator and a major sailing enthusiast. Here is the amazing part, we drop off the sail mid-day Monday and he has it ready Tuesday morning! Unbelievable! He did some evening work to get it done on top of the multitude of other sails, canvas and other custom work the loft has in progress. When have you ever heard of a vendor being ready before the customer? (we didn't pick it up until later in the day...sorry) The repair is fantastic, the Quantum kevlar is quite remarkable material.

So if any of you are ever in a similar situation on or near HHI just reach out to Jim Stubbs at 843.342.6612 office / 843.247.1424 mobile or email jstubbs@quantumsails.com
  • Good to hear a positive story, took me a minute to figure out what HHI stood for! (Hilton Head Island) for anyone playing along.

When someone saves your vacation you always remember it. In the Early '90s not long after I started sailing beachcats, I took my 18 down to Dunedin Causeway near Clearwater, the very first launch, do to inexperience and a sudden storm, I managed to break off the tip of one of my dagger boards. Put the boat back on the trailer, but checked around and found Tackle Shack in St. Pete, they had my board repaired by the next morning.

I've never been back there myself to do any business with them, but I bet I've repeated that story hundreds of times, good deeds in business can last a long time.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I couldn't agree more! And my sailing partner (Faith) and I have you to thank for hooking us up with Bill Cash back in September 2005. A wild ride with Bill and Katherine on a Prindle 19 in 20-30mph gusts was enough to get us hooked on the adrenaline. We have met some great people in the beachcat community and try to reciprocate whenever possible!
  • Have tried to contact Jim on the above e-mail address, keeps coming back as "address unknown", anyone have an update?

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Why is the email address no good? Quantum pulled his franchise for being 2+ years behind on franchise dues. He now goes by Hilton Head Sails and Quantum Custom Canvas (To keep the Quantum name, without being sued).

Withoug getting in the middle of a debate. mpalmieri's experience is mostly a lone experience. I can explain WHY his/her experience was that way, but will not get into an online dispute. Those of you interested, can pm me, or email me through my profile.

Jim is knocking on the door of being out of business, and for good reason. There are HUNDREDS of people unsatisfied with his work in the local area. Use your due diligence before moving forward with that person/business, if you can even get him to answer the phone. Almost guaranteed a visit to his shop/loft will result in lights off, locked doors, with no one home.

Edited by guest29936 on Dec 04, 2010 - 03:54 PM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.