Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

SLO Sail and Canvas Tramps  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4:

• tamiI've ordered more than one trampoline from SUNRISE and been damn pleased every time. They specialize in trampoline fab, it's what they do. Sometimes there's a reason to pay the price

Richard Leng @ Sunrise does an excellent job and for the extra few dollars you're paying it is well worth it. The attention to detail is tremendous and the communication is awesome. I have ordered well over 18 tramps through him these past couple of years for some of the locals and a few "kanuckes." With the exception of one there was never a problem in the customization of the tramp, or the quality and the time to get the product. The one problem we had was something that had manifested after the tramp was on the boat (pocket was too small) and the person wanted to have it changed, which was something I chose not to do, due to the owners unreasonable demands

I have also done a fair amount of business with Karl @ SLO on stock trampolines and never had a problem.

Edited by JohnES on Jan 21, 2011 - 09:19 AM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • What is a "kanuckes."?

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Should be Canuck which is a term for Canadians
  • Ah, good to know. Eh, E.C. :)

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Yeah, I thought I might have to apply for a different passport. Man you go to china for a few days & the whole bloody country changes on ya icon_cool

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • So after all of this where is the best place to get a replacement tramp for a Hobie 21 SE. I need the tramp and also the wings. Is it possible to get drink holders cut into the wings....need them for an occasional adult beverage...
    Jim
    Higgins Lake Mi
  • Quote after all of this where is the best place to get a replacement tram

Richard Leng @ Sunrise -
  • I can give a "thumbs up" to Slo Sail and Canvas. I ordered a new tramp and wing tramps with the teflon thread for my Hobie 18 Magnum and it all came out excellent. I've had several people ask me about them. They threw in a line catcher and tramp pocket for no extra charge.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa470/poolemarkw/Hobie18/FirstDay_Back.jpg
  • What is a line catcher?

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • I've ordered several dozen tramps from SLO and have had excellent service, especially custom tramps. Pete
  • MN3
    Quote after all of this where is the best place to get a replacement tram

Richard Leng @ Sunrise -

did you get your tramp back?

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • A Line Catcher is a 5"-6" wide strip of tramp material that gets placed between your left and right tramp pieces. It extends from the front crossbar all the way to the back, and fits into the tramp lacing. It prevents your sheet lines (and anything else) from falling between the two tramp side pieces. I didn't have one before, and now wouldn't do without one.
  • That line catcher also keeps water from shooting through the lacing. Really important when the water is cold.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • optikid
    MN3
    Quote after all of this where is the best place to get a replacement tram

Richard Leng @ Sunrise -

did you get your tramp back?

Never got my (friend's) tramp back.
    Never had an email, or voicemail returned

Jeramy from San Fran (SurfCityRacing) contacted Karl (without me asking him to) at SLO, Karl said he was to busy to get to it.. .would get to it or return it.... and never did
  • After reading through this thread Andrew it seems you're the only that has had a problem with SLO....... sad to hear that!

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I ordered a trampoline from them for my Prindle 19 and upon receiving it, there was a slight stitching issue I had. Was not a big deal, just something that bugged me. I called Karl and he didn't hesitate! He advised he wanted me to be 100% satisfied and that he would ship another tramp that same day, and have it "overnighted." They also covered the return shipping. Exellent customer service! This is the way every company should operate! The tramp was very well made and looks great! Thanks Karl!!!

Installed the tramp yesterday and it looks great, quality appears to be very good and should last for years!

Prindle 19
    TCDYC.com
    Seabrook TX
  • I am not sure that the person who is upset with slosails knows how much positive advertising he has generated for the company with all these posts.
  • JohnESAfter reading through this thread Andrew it seems you're the only that has had a problem with SLO....... sad to hear that!

I am glad no one else had the same results (my friends tramp that was sent as a template was never returned)

PS one other person on this forum had a similar experience
    Quote"I was going to have Karl build the sail for my N6.0. But I contacted him the week before last thanksgiving about downpayment etc., and he fell off the face of the planet. Finally gave up on trying to contact him around the first of the year. Thats when I contacted Chip. Good moove BTW."

Edited by MN3 on Jul 02, 2012 - 08:19 AM.
  • HULLFLYERI am not sure that the person who is upset with slosails knows how much positive advertising he has generated for the company with all these posts.

If having terrible reviews all over the first page of google, yahoo, and yelp... are "positive advertising" and good for business .. he must be loving it.

If having a F rating on your local BBB site is good for business... he should treat every customer without professionalism and not return their property too..

Edited by MN3 on Jul 02, 2012 - 11:29 AM.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.