Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

SLO Sail and Canvas Tramps  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 [+1]:

• QuoteHi Turbo,

Thanks for writing. Unfortunately, we are only fabricating for Hobies at this time.

Best regards,

Rose

Did you sign your email to them as Turbo? Sorry, struck me as funny.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Ryder
    UNTIL I get it I'll STFU.

Fixed that for ya..

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • yurdle
    Ryder
    UNTIL I get it I'll STFU.

Fixed that for ya..

Must be missing your point I think... Not quite sure how someone relating their experience thus far with a supplier of cat tramps seems to offend you but no worries.

Head over to Sailing anarchy mate, with remarks like that you would fit right in icon_lol

edited by: Ryder, Aug 14, 2010 - 09:28 PM
  • still nothing
  • Maybe, if we all call them they will get the message. I guess we would all have to leave a message, since they don't answer the phone.
  • QuoteMust be missing your point I think... Not quite sure how someone relating their experience thus far with a supplier of cat tramps seems to offend you but no worries.

Head over to Sailing anarchy mate, with remarks like that you would fit right in

I'm not familiar with the SA forums but judging by the context I feel duly chastised.

My issue is that your seemingly unwarranted positive remarks could take away from Andrew's issue, or SLO's desire to solve it. Somewhat ironically, you and Andrew seem to be in the exact same boat, just at a different point in time. That will change if/when you receive something, so please post an update then.

I've got no skin in this game so I'll shut up about it from here.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Too much drama. Pete
  • Yeah, I'm just hoping this turns out to be some huge misunderstanding. Although that is seeming less and less likely. I hate when someone who had a good reputation blows it to hell, but there still could be some sort of extenuating circumstance (nervous breakdown, family problems, etc.). There is still a chance for damage control if SLO mans up to resolve the issue. I'm pretty sure Andrew just wants his tramps back and a decent replacement made.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Never listen to one and judge two!
  • thanks for all your guys input and support and words of wisdom.

it is long past a circumstantial misunderstanding. its been over 4 months. i have requested its return a few dozen times without response.

yesterday i sent a certified letter demanding return as advised by legal council as the last attempt to get it returned.

I had 3 people contact him. He told someone who he does work for (in the sailing business) that he would return it soon but that was 10 days ago.

• andrewscottthat he would return it soon

Return it soon??? Uh, so even though its been months he will get around to it when he feels like it???

Your friend's tramp seems to be long gone...thats a shame. He needs to fess up if its gone and if there is any way he needs to make a replacement for your friend and heavily discount one for you.

Sorry you are going thru this. What is your buddy doing without a tramp? Does he have anything else to sail?

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • QuoteSorry you are going thru this. What is your buddy doing without a tramp? Does he have anything else to sail?

It was not on his cat, it was his spare tramp. it was a bit worn but in very useable condition. It is the tramp we all passed around when our own tramp was shot and we were waiting for a replacement to be built.

After 4 months i finally told him about this. I told him i expected it back shortly.. but now it seems i need to tell him that was wrong..

PS - there is little chance of SLO building me one as they have never built a mystere tramp before, and this was why i had to send him one (and measurements) as a template. and that isn't happening again.

Perhaps he should pay the entire replacement cost from SUnrise ($600+).. that would be fitting wouldnt it?

Thanks for the support

edited by: andrewscott, Aug 18, 2010 - 01:03 PM
  • If he will not/can not make a replacement then it is only fair to have him pay for the replacement.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • I can tell an equally bad story about a company that I once had a good opinion of, named Sunrise. Beware.

Gary
  • I think anyone who has been in business has been on the wrong side of a horror story like this. A wise boss once told me it isn't weather you are going to make a mistake, it is how you deal with it once you have made it. It sounds like SLO is dealing with this by ignoring it and hoping it will go away and by doing so has just made it much much worse than it needed to be.

I have found that in the long run it is much better to own up to an error really early on and fix it as best as possible. You might be a little embarrassed in the short term but one or two stories like this one can completely kill your business. One satisfied customer will tell 10 of thier friends about it. One pissed off customer will tell 1000 people they meet about it.

It's too bad some people have to learn that lesson the hard way or don't learn it at all!

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • hobiegaryI can tell an equally bad story about a company that I once had a good opinion of, named Sunrise. Beware.

Gary

Gary, good to see you here, don't be a stranger!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • javascript:void(0);

Edited by solsailer18 on Jan 18, 2011 - 05:59 PM.
  • This sucks... I just read your thread after placing an order for a new tramp from SLO. I e-mailed them to request a fabric sample card for comparison and received it in the mail three days later so it seemed like a good omen. Placed my order via pay pal and got notification that it was being shipped the next day. UPS dropped it off today (three days later without the express upgrade.) I'm very happy with the overall quality of the tramp and I'll be sure to let you know if it installs easily and fits well. My good fortune not withstanding I will definitely think twice about doing business with them again. I'm in retail myself and the biggest key to providing great customer service is being big enough to own up to your mistakes and find a way to make things right for the customer. They obviously don't have your tramp anymore and the best thing they could do at this point is let you in on their dirty little secret and find away to coax your forgiveness. Hope your situation gets resolved and sorry to hear that my experience wasn't shared by all.

--
    Jeremy Hales
    1974 SOLCAT 18
    Salem, OR
    --
  • I've ordered more than one trampoline from SUNRISE and been damn pleased every time. They specialize in trampoline fab, it's what they do. Sometimes there's a reason to pay the price
  • I agree Tami!

Glad you had a good experience Jeremy and i agree with all you said.

He could have remedied the situation 100times and 100ways, he did not make any attempt. He has lost a lot of business from my fleet, and has tarnished his reputation on this and other forums. I "made good" with the owner of the tramp by giving him a top furler swivel, but will always feel bad that i lost his backup tramp (and that will effect everyone in our fleet that used it in times of need).

none the less i am HAPPY you got good service and hope anyone who deals with him does as well.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.