Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Winter Sailing  Bottom

• I'm a Texas guy and consider winter weather to be the week the A/C only turns on twice. I came across this video on youtube and thought of ya'll (translated into you guys) up North. I thought I was cold when the water got in the 60's...my hats off to you guys that push it.

http://www.youtube.com/wa…Ja2gOE70&feature=related

• I wish I could sail this time of the year, but no...weather here tonight is 16 Degrees, 25 mph winds, and snow flurries...burrrr. A little cold here for November.

Awesome vid by the way
  • Brrrrrr. We had a bonfire/bbq. party down at the beach last night. Boats all tucked away and ice everywhere. Still low 40's and no wind and clear.
  • Hi : I often thought about purchasing a good dry suit & sailing my P-19 cat in the Winter ,but i can't find any crew.
    I put my cat away in mid Nov. & do alot of "frost bite" sailing from Nov.-April on my Flying Scot. Living in Brooklyn , I get alot of great days to sail out of Sheepshead bay on the Ocean!
  • Yesterday, 80 degrees. Today 35. i guess winter is here for the next couple days...Brrrr.

Good thing my unexpected dip in the lake was yesterday.
  • I also took a little swim at Bastrop last Sunday Turtlecat..... where are you at in Texas?
  • Hey rebell, I'm in San Marcos. sail mostly on Canyon lake. Was fishing the other day up the Guadalupe when I took the dive...Steel toe boots, jeans. I ended up fishing in my skivies till the jeans were dry. Thank goodness I was well up river cause I looked hilarious. Insult to injury was when the girlfriend pulled in the large mouth bass...and I got nothing but a funny tan.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.