Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trailer Tongue Length  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• If you rig at the Dunedin causeway and i am available i would be happy to assist you step the mast
  • I'm assuming you've cut the tongue now, but here's a second solution.

I had a Hobie 17 that was just a bit too long to fit in the garage while on the trailer.
    The mast was way too long, so that came off and stored on a rack on the side of my house.
    I had 4:1 blocks with straps that I used to lift the boat off the trailer, then I could slide the trailer all the way back into the garage, and the garage door would close with about 6" to spare. It only took me about 10 minutes to store the boat or get the boat ready to trailer.

Now I store my Hobie and my Sunfish in a storage garage for $200 a month...I bought the house next door to mine to use as an AirBnB and get the under the house 12'x33' garage for boat storage. My son is currently living there, but when he moves, then I get my boat storage.
  • ymcaclimbI'm assuming you've cut the tongue now, but here's a second solution.

I have not yet cut the tongue. Every attempt to get the tools to do it has fallen through so far.

I have a two piece mast so that's not an issue. The garage is 18' deep. The trailer is 18' long. The boat is 15' long and hangs about 3 feet off the back of the trailer when in traveling position. Currently, I push the boat forward on the trailer and then put it at an angle so it will fit and the door can close.

I've looked into storage... In my area, outside storage is $200 per month, inside is $300+ (and a waiting list.)

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.