Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Dolphin striker rod loose  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Hey Philip,
    My answer was not to you, as you already know how to do it. It was to inform Andinista that the compression tube wasn´t the real problem.

We are all here to help him with a specific issue aren´t we icon_cool ?

Edited by revintage on Mar 10, 2022 - 11:38 AM.

--
    Brgds
    Lars

Frankentri 5.8/5.5/Inter20
    Aerow trimaran foiler

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1192604934176635
    --
  • Today I installed a new rod and compression tube, I thought I could live with the bigger hole on the beam, but here’s the problem: when I tightened the lower nut to tension the DS strap, because the compression tube goes through the upper hole on the beam, as I tightened the nut, instead of tensioning the strap I was deforming the lower part of the beam… not good. What I did was adding the washers of the old set inside the beam, at each end of the compression tube, i had to cut the compression tube to make room for the washers. I don’t think I need to reinforce the beam yet, it seems strong enough. I used lots of tefgel everywhere.. to slide the compression tube with the washers inside the beam, I used masking tape: to fix the washers at both sides and to fix the tube to the tiller crossbar that I used to insert the tube inside the beam.
  • Not sure I follow you there, but you must have an oversize thick washer(preferably trimmed to follow the beam radius) on the outside, between the lower nut and the beam if you want it to work.

--
    Brgds
    Lars

Aerow trimaran foiler

--
  • Now I have 4 washers, two outside the beam and two inside the beam, the latter to avoid that the compressor tube goes through the beam.

Edited by Andinista on Apr 10, 2022 - 07:05 PM.
  • That sounds like quite the trick to accomplish. Well done!

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • Hi Andinista,

Quotewhen I tightened the lower nut to tension the DS strap, because the compression tube goes through the upper hole on the beam, as I tightened the nut, instead of tensioning the strap I was deforming the lower part of the beam… not good.

To small washer on the lower outside of the beam? I understand you didn´t have the mast up when tensioning.

Hope everything will work now!

Edited by revintage on Apr 13, 2022 - 06:53 AM.

--
    Brgds
    Lars

Aerow trimaran foiler

--
  • revintage
    To small washer on the lower outside of the beam? I understand you didn´t have the mast up when tensioning.

Hope everything will work now!Edited by revintage on Apr 13, 2022 - 06:53 AM.

I didn’t get bigger washers, I guess it might have worked but the deformation wasn’t small, maybe 2” diameter. Now that I have ss inside in contact with aluminum I guess I’ll have to check every year or so for corrosion.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.