Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Ads imbedded in message threads  Bottom

• Anyone else seeing this?

I just noticed today that some of the longer posts in message threads now have advertisements right in the middle of the posting. I guess if that’s what it takes to keep the site alive, then so be it - but it’s pretty annoying.

sm
  • I use Adblock plus. seems to have solved the problem.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • DogboyAnyone else seeing this?

I just noticed today that some of the longer posts in message threads now have advertisements right in the middle of the posting. I guess if that’s what it takes to keep the site alive, then so be it - but it’s pretty annoying.

Yes, the site uses the Google Adsense program to display ads, it used to be that the ads only appeared where the Google ad code was placed on the page. Google recently changed how it works for forums so now sometimes ads are inserted into the content.

It's a little jolting when it appeared suddenly but if it makes a few dollars a month difference in the Google payout I hope everyone can live with it.

gahambyI use Adblock plus. seems to have solved the problem.

If you can stand it, I'd appreciate people not using Adblock programs on TheBeachcats.com, they work by blocking JavaScript which will affect a lot more than the ads. Also, the site can only exist if there is some ad revenue, so there is that.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.