Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Bridle foil for nacra 5.8  Bottom

• Does anyone know where I could get a brighter foil for 5.8
  • These are not easy to get. I had Rick Bliss at New England catamarans order one for my 6.0 from Europe. Shipping was expensive but I also ordered a second for a friends 5.5 to split the shipping. Check with Rick.
    He was planning to order an extra for his stock on the same order about 2 years ago. You might get lucky
    and he will have one. What is wrong with yours? Mine was pretty badly corroded under the center fitting.
    I made an aluminum plate and slipped it inside the foil and then riveted the center fitting to this plate. Was happy enough with the repair that I eventually sold my new foil extrusion and just used the repaired foil.

Pete

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Nacra I20,P18, P16,H16
    --
  • Note the 5.8 is still being produced in Australia, being their biggest catamaran class.
    http://www.nacra.com.au/contact

--
    Brgds
    Lars

Frankencat 5.5/F18
    Soon Frankencat 5.8/F20
    49er
    --
  • Or, you could always go back to the original configuration. That boat is still plenty powerful w/o the bridal foil Norte Merica setup

You may be able to get one from OZ, but it is not going to be cheap

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • You could probably go with the old style forestay and use a short spin pole with a strut (think P-19 MX) and run the big jib very cheaply and pretty easily.

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.