Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

If you where to buy (new) tomorrow...?  Bottom

• ..which trapeze harness would you purchase?

--
    Cameron
    Tornado (Marstrom) USA 851
    --
  • Neil Pryde
  • Magic Marine. I have a couple of used ones I'd like to sell off. What size do you need?

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • Harness for buoy racing or long distance? From my experience there is different criteria. Also how much do you want to spend? Bigfoot makes a good harness (custom). I have one, and really like it. Only problem is its not adjustable. And made to custom fit. So, if your weight fluctuates, then harness is either tight or loose. For the money, I agree with first reply - Magic Marine makes some good harness's - they have different models too. Look at their "pro" harness. Also, Look up "Joyrider tv" on youtube. Joe has a video of his magic marine harness. And lots of other cool cat videos.
  • I'm going to replace my older harnesses.... Yeah, the Joyrider video of the Magic Marine Smart Harness is a great review. That harness typically hovers around $150 in the US.

dssaakMagic Marine. I have a couple of used ones I'd like to sell off. What size do you need?

Looking for several large... One could be used, or both if newer. With Magic Marine, the sizes seem to favor height somewhat.
    dssaakMagic Marine. I have a couple of used ones I'd like to sell off. What size do you need?

--
    Cameron
    --
  • I bought a couple of harnesses from the "Tackle Shack" near St. Pete a few years ago. They had a line coming down from the ceiling with a "dog bone" on the end. The point is I was able to try them on and simulate using them. Some of the more expensive ones weren't the most comfortable. If possible, try them on!

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • shortyfoxI bought a couple of harnesses from the "Tackle Shack" near St. Pete a few years ago. They had a line coming down from the ceiling with a "dog bone" on the end. The point is I was able to try them on and simulate using them. Some of the more expensive ones weren't the most comfortable. If possible, try them on!

That's the best way...other than borrowing one from a friend and trying it out when actually sailing.

Has anyone used a model from Zhik:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9r6ikaPNr4

Wondering how the velrco holds up? If used-- a lot--- would likely wear out. Ok---so replace if needed- treat it as a cost of use.

Edited by cameronb on Aug 14, 2020 - 06:09 PM.

--
    Cameron
    --
  • I >think< someone here - a few months ago...talked about the harness from Forward...
    Anyone familiar?
    https://www.sailingchandl…-wip-exo-trapeze-harness

--
    Cameron
    --
  • I have a M/Lg and a Lg/XL ... the Lg/XL has a small patch in a non-functional mesh area. The leg webbing is all padded and there are a bunch of adjustment points.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • dssaakI have a M/Lg and a Lg/XL ... the Lg/XL has a small patch in a non-functional mesh area. The leg webbing is all padded and there are a bunch of adjustment points.

OK...sending you a PM.

--
    Cameron
    --
  • I like my Zhik T2 I've had it for several years and its holding up well. I purchased it from Murrays Marine see their web site. ( Murrays.com ) In addition I wear it with a Forward Impact Jacket.
  • Anyone using a Magic Marine Pro Harness? What is the comfort of the two leg straps?
    What about the Forward EXO Sailing Harness?

--
    Cameron
    --
  • cameronbWondering how the velrco holds up? If used-- a lot--- would likely wear out. Ok---so replace if needed- treat it as a cost of use.

Don't worry about the velcro. Most harness manufacturers use quality velcro. Your stitching or nylon straps will wear out before the velcro. I have two harnesses from the 90s and the webbing is beginning to fail, but the velcro is still strong.

In fact, now that you have made me think about it, I have a lot of decades old velcro still going strong: sailing boots, high performance kites, and adhesive stuff plastered on my boom to hold paddles, radios, and a compass. The material on my boat cover wore out before the velcro did after seven years in the AZ sun (the velcro was shaded).

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • shortyfoxI bought a couple of harnesses from the "Tackle Shack" near St. Pete a few years ago. They had a line coming down from the ceiling with a "dog bone" on the end. The point is I was able to try them on and simulate using them. Some of the more expensive ones weren't the most comfortable. If possible, try them on!

That would be best!

--
    Cameron
    --
  • Hi All, at
    I have ordered the Forward EXO harness- evaluations at a later date.

--
    Cameron
    --
  • The Forward EXO harness arrived yesterday. Did a quick examination and tried it on for fit.
    Lots of adjustment points and really nice back support. Hope to have a trial soon.

--
    Cameron
    --
  • hang a line from a tree branch - trap a tree!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.