Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

1982 H16 Soft Spot Repair  Bottom

• Hi, I've been reading up on how to repair soft spots on H16's and I'm ready to try it on my '82 H16. The only soft spots are on the top of each hull just forward of the front pylons. I've read that that spot is a structural concern and I've read the guides on how to drill multiple holes and inject them. What I'm not sure about is the exact type of resin/epoxy I need - I've seen "GitRot" mentioned. I also don't know how much I need to order. So I included measurements of the soft areas in the Imgur link. The left hull is squishier than the right hull and the squishiness covers a larger area on the left hull. There are no other soft spots on the top or sides of either hull. The left hull I can push about 1/2" down in the worst spots, mostly about 1/4" for the rest, the right hull I can push down maybe 1/8" or so throughout. What resin/epoxy/whatever do I need to buy and how much of it do you think I'll need?
    https://imgur.com/a/R3PLqCf
  • I used west system 105 resin and 205 hardener mixed with west 404 filler on the same area on my H18.
    Worked very well. I would start with a quart of resin and a pint of hardener and inject the left hull first to see how much you are using. The resin goes a long way due to thickening it with the filler. Search this site and look at the technical photo albums for some really informative write ups on the repair.

Pete

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Thanks, that worked out great! Here are some pics of the job.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.