Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

How long does it take to set up a cat?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

• Very cool. Yes, I'll be there. Funny, I grew up here, worked at Kemah Hardware delivering marine lumber and pilings, etc. and only now as I'm older learning to really love this sport. That was back when there was a draw bridge there. Now they're tearing down the bridge I delivered supplies to when it was being built....

Looking forward to meeting, learning and getting involved. Understand races should start back up next week or the week after.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • charlescarlisToday did some active water social distancing. 70 minutes parking lot to water, fussing with jib for 20 of that. 45 minutes to break down, but sloppy. Lightning and in a hurry. GREAT sail, but really, really busy on the water. Scared the kids with the speed today-they loved it. Awesome. Everyone was all proper and protective at ramp. I think my most appropriate time will be around 45. I'm good with that.

I heard y'all had quite the experience.. especially watching the powerboats scurry...

I'm looking to set up a sail day/tuning session at TCD (if it's open) June 6th. Hopefully you can make it.

I'll be racing WNR on Clear Lake from the ramp - FYI.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
    I use a gin pole permanently attached to my traile

Now that is cool! Do you have pictures of the full set up on the site?

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • I'll do pics as soon as the weather breaks here. Probably take off Friday and sail off the Dike. That'll give me the opportunity to document it as I'll have more time. Doing it all over, I would not have made my gin pole supports out of cable - I would have just built a triangle and used 2 hinges. The bumper-stops (2 keel stops) place the cat perfectly every time for the gin pole - no thinking.

I'll be there on the 6th - no doubt. And, yup - WNR - looking forward to it.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • WNR was nicely attended, but only saw a couple of cats - couldn't tell who/what they were. Will get some experience and then play...

Edited by charlescarlis on May 07, 2020 - 01:37 PM.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.