Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New Sunscreen???  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• QuoteI try not to wear masks near the marine base here. Seriously.

probably a good call hahah

pengpeng hammer bang mg rambo
  • QuoteAny particular reason you guys like water shoes over booties? I'm assuming they may have a thicker sole(?) and wonder if you're finding that of some benefit.

multiple reasons for me:
    booties are very swampy to wear in warm weather (wet, hot, humid, etc) - so they aren't really an option here in 91* water

since i will be in /around water for 6 - 10 hours, i want my feet (and pants, and gloves) as dry as possible- i find (some) water shoes drain well - however they all suck at preventing little rocks and shells from getting in. then some of these particles find their way onto the tramp, and then ... on your knees

i have found bootie sole's don't hold up well with all the stops/walks we do in our sailing (we race island to island and then hang out for a bit

we have lots of sharp oysters around here - and other sea shells. I have seen (had) them go right through bootie soles

the booties i used to use in winter sailing required a support team to remove at the end of the day - and my team all quit - i no longer sail unless its 65* and sunny. I have a dry bib for when the gulf gets to a brisk temp.
  • Thanks for the replies about the lace-up water shoes guys, now I get it.

MN3the booties i used to use in winter sailing required a support team to remove at the end of the day - and my team all quit.

Hmm, hard to imagine why a team would quit if this job was part of the post-sail. icon_confused /sarc

Edited by CatFan57 on Jun 12, 2019 - 03:18 AM.

--
    1998 P18.2
    Sailing out of SHBCC, NJ
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.