Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Super Cat 17 vs. Prindle 18  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 [+1]:

• Are you picking up the one in Kemah?
    I contacted the guy, but he already had an offer.
    If that's the one, then congrats, that looks like an amazing boat.

If you ever decide to sell it, give me a shout. Seriously.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • Yep, thats the one. Thanks. Will do and I will probably bring it down to S. padre on occasion. I have family in Laguna Vista.
  • Check your PM jdlg.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • jdlgIm headed to pick up a supercat 19x tomorrow morning. I will add some pictures once I bring her home. Im excited! Blasting down the channel in the lee of padre island should be fun.

Glad to see someone jumped on this.. look forward to hearing more about it... enjoy!

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Jdlg, we're waiting for those pics, man. Let's see 'em!

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • How do you attach an image?
  • Here.

https://www.thebeachcats.com/faq/Forums/pictures-in-forum-faq

Edited by chump23 on Jun 03, 2017 - 11:07 AM.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=127987&g2_serialNumber=3

https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=127984&g2_serialNumber=3

Hopefully next Thursday will be the first launch day. Either out in the Gulf or the Laguna.

Cheers!

Jeff
  • That's a nice looking boat!
    Congrats, Jeff!
    I'm jealous.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • Thanks! I'm going to lengthen the trailer tongue (trailer is for a hobie 16) and add some cradles for the rear instead of rollers. I'm also hoping to build a gin pole to help ease raising the mast. Another option is a mast cradle vertical extension with a pulley for better leverage. I also want to fair the rudders a bit. Its a great catamaran and I'm excited to sail it. Its been too long for me without a beach cat!
  • Definitely get those rudders faired. They are a huge part of the lift produced by that hull and when the leading edge gets worn down at the bottom they can get out of balance. I have a gin pole setup for the SC17 which you could replicate - I would have to take some pics and measure to get you what you need if interested. In the end I gave up on the gin pole since it takes extra steps and time. I turned the cat around so it's stern first on the trailer, so with the mast in its front trailer support you already have the hard part of stepping done! Get the bottom secured and heave it up from there, using the trapeze lines for lateral stability. Helps a ton, especially if you can park on a slope too.

--
    H16 back in the day
    SC17 right now
    Bradenton, FL
    --
  • jdlgcradles for the rear instead of rollers.

I would use it like that first to see if you like it. Rollers on the rear and cradles on the front = single-handed trailering off the beach dolly.

--
    H16 back in the day
    SC17 right now
    Bradenton, FL
    --
  • I second keeping the rollers on the rear. It makes things very easy. I haven't loaded mine on the trailer backwards yet, but I may try it soon.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • Reason I wanted cradles on the rear is we have really crappy roads in my town. I dont like the small contact point which results in increased pressure on one spot underneath. I will try it first as is though. Good points.

Im pretty sure i can hoist the mast, Ill just heave it up there the first time and see what i need to change if anything. Launching the boat stern first might be a good option also.

Thanks for the tips.
  • Noticed you got the 17 supercat. sea ya on the beach. south packery padre island. regards carl
    H-16 s/n 83412 "full circle" aka red dot
  • chump23
    I'm jealous.

It could have been yours!!!!! icon_lol

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • JohnES
    chump23
    I'm jealous.

It could have been yours!!!!! icon_lol

I know. I was just a couple hours/mins late on the call. Thanks for rubbing it in. I have called dibs on it if he ever decides to sell, though.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • oceanmandalayNoticed you got the 17 supercat. sea ya on the beach. south packery padre island. regards carl
    H-16 s/n 83412 "full circle" aka red dot

Actually, this discussion got derailed when a link to a 19' Supercat for sale was posted. jdlg picked it up.

--
    Hobie Getaway
    Prindle 18 - Sold
    South Padre Island, TX
    --
  • either way if 17/19 etal if it is a corpus christi area boat we could use a few more
  • sjbritI would use it like that first to see if you like it. Rollers on the rear and cradles on the front = single-handed trailering off the beach dolly.

I agree.
    In fact, make a bracket/frame that holds TWO rollers for each side in the rear, using the existing roller axle for a pivot. This will spread the load on the fiberglass hull, in effect halving the imprint force.

Drill the holes for the pivot toward the front of the frame (1/4" to 1/2") so that the rollers fall back unloaded, facing the rear, which will make loading the cat onto the trailer easier from the water.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.