Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie rudders-How do you reset cam?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• I personally have always used the large flat screwdriver (if you do it this way dedicate a tool and file/grind off all sharp edges and corners) method and/or cat key end with no problems. Here's the Hobie way:

http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=467

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • QuoteI personally have always used the large flat screwdriver

This is what I've done so far, but it's a poor solution. I don't want a large screwdriver in my tramp bag. I want these things to be problem free, & if (not if, when), the cam gets banged down, to able to fix it, in 6' seas, without tools.K

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Add the lanyard to the plunger and you will never need a tool to reset your cams again. Then inspect, adjust, and lube everything so it works smoothly. The first time your cam gets stuck down, use the lanyard to reset it. At that point you know it's getting to be time to service the rudders. Lube 'em back up, check your adjustments, replace the cam if needed - all there is to it.

sm
  • Yes, I intend to implement the lanyard method. It happens at the most inconvenient times, tool less is best.
    I think I'll take Damon's advice & change some parts, but I don't dare throw them away, not just yet. Our Hobie dealer only gets parts (from the USA) every few weeks. I want to keep it on the water for the next month or two.
    Your suggestion that an H16 plunger might have been used could be correct. It came out the bottom, but I didn't pay much attention to the shape. After relubing it again works smoothly, it seems like every 15-20 sailing days between grease.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.