Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

rudder and dagger board covers  Bottom

• Does anyone have a recommendation for good rudder and dagger board covers? I need rudder covers for the wave and dagger board covers for the 18.

Thanks,
    Eric
    SC20
    H18
    wave
  • I've got the ones from the current Hobie catalog, the rudder covers are very nice.

The daggerboard bag is pretty sturdy and much improved over older models, but I wish it wa a little deeper, the velcro closure barely closes and I would like a little more padding.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I looked at the hobie catalog and only see H20 and tiger/Fox daggerboard cover. Is that the one you're using? It looks like our boards are deeper than those...
  • efinleyI looked at the hobie catalog and only see H20 and tiger/Fox daggerboard cover. Is that the one you're using? It looks like our boards are deeper than those...

It looks like they dropped the Hobie 18 daggerboard cover from the current catalog. I looked at a 2013 catalog and the part number was 82410020 and it looks like the picture of the Hobie 20 cover in the catalog.

It has a thin non-padded divider inside so it holds both daggers. Might have to call some dealers to see if anyone has old stock or maybe they really are still available.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I don't want to down the retailers but for the price of two rudder covers and a daggerboard bag, you can get yourself a good used sewing machine and do them yourself. I have done jib covers, boom bags, boat covers, etc, etc.

Just don't let your wife know you can sew as it leads to all the projects she wants to get done. icon_smile

Dan Kisel

H14 #47876
    Tiger #863
    F-242 #114
    Mirage #336
    Nacra 5.0 (pending)
  • It's not hard to make your own

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • tnellIt's not hard to make your own

I just sewed some up the other day out of some nylon from joann. Just basically a sleeve with a piece of paracord that ties to 2 loops I put on there. I think I was done in under 20min with both. Keeps the sun off them in storage now that I leave the rudders on.
  • If you're just looking for UV and light scratch protection simply get a cheap pair (long inseam) lined nylon running pants from Walmart and cut the legs off at the crotch. Then turn them inside out, sew the cut off end shut, turn them right side out, slide them over your rudders, add bungee at open end to secure and presto = very cheap, quick covers. Not much padding, but I don't trailer with my rudders on so rock chips aren't a concern for me.

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.