Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

forestay  Bottom

• Hello, I have a 1974 Dingo catamaran that I recently lost the forestay for during a transportation. The boat is about 15' long. It is equipped with a roller furler and the jib measures 14' 10 1\2", although I am sure stretched it would be 14' 11". If anyone has about the same measurements from their gear if you would be as kind to measure your forestay so I could have one made up. Or if anyone has one with the swivel on it for the furler for sale. Thank you for your time.
  • Sorry you didn't find any Dingo experts here. It's been a long while since they were built so there can't be very many still sailing.

If you haven't found it, there are photos of Dingo cats rigged here.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures?g2_itemId=64759

Maybe the pics will help.

I would suggest that maybe you could make a temporary forestay out of low stretch rope, tie it where the forestay would go and adjust till it is right and then measure the rope.

A few inches short is better than a few inches long if you have to choose, because you can always add a multi-hold stay adjuster at the end to increase length, hard to make it shorter.

Good luck,

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • And if you get it figured out be sure to post back here to help the next Dingo owner.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Use a good 3/8" rope for your forestay & get the mast rake where you want it, then flip the boat on the lawn and measure the length. Pete

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.