Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Where can I get a bolt together trailer for a Nacra 5.8 (19')?  Bottom

• My trailer has reached the end of its life and wondering where I can get a inexpensive trailer. Have looked at EZ and they don't make a cat trailer. Not sure where to turn. Any help would be much appreciated!

--
    Jeremy Soder
    Nacra 5.8
    Allen, TX
    --
  • Most new cat trailers are over $1000 these days. Your best bet is a used steel trailer for $300-400. I have a bolt together Trailex aluminum for sale for $1000 (new over $2000), but unbolting it & shipping would be $300. Try a Hobie dealer in Houston if there is such an animal left. Pete
  • look for local sail shops, they may have some in back - ask if you can post a index card on their bulletin board ,

look at local fliers, people advertise used (trashed) catamarans ... throw out the boat, keep the trailer

find local cat clubs, ask if you can post a index card on their bulletin board

look or post on line, craigslist, ebay? etc
  • Hi I had a friendly neighbor who gave me his old '59 Elgin Motor boat trailer when his boat had rotted out. He took me next door to my other neighbor who was a notary to sign over the title-one of the hardest things about trailers is getting a clear title. I bought tow 2" square box beams just long enough for the cat at my local steel supplier and used 2 new and 2 recycled rollers from the old motor boat. My trailer cost under $200 at the time. Get creative- a cat doesn't weigh much and many utility trailers will work-you can use a couple of pieces of pvc pipe to roll it a short distance and keep the trailer dry. Make sure you have the correct lighting if you're driving after dark- you may need lights at the middle of the back and sides of the trailer. There are lots of LED trailer lights now that don't take much power.
  • i have one listed on this very website:
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…er-trailer-for-sale.html

this carried a nacra 5.8 before i bought it and it came from the dallas area.

not sure what you mean by 'bolt-together'? mine bolts and u-bolts together.
    i'm 640 miles from you.
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Quotewondering where I can get a inexpensive trailer.

hello? is this thing working? icon_smile

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • or you can buy a cheap bolt-together trailer from Harbor Freight.....

http://www.harborfreight.…els-and-tires-94564.html

http://www.harborfreight.…I6IjIxNzUifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A

and then of course there is Northern Tool also......
  • Quoteor you can buy a cheap bolt-together trailer from Harbor Freight.....

Just remember that you will have to modify the tongue/hitch area by quite a bit,(unless you are buying a Hobie Bravo or Wave) it will be way to short. Then you will have to splice the wiring harness, & fabricate a mast stand

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.