Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

86' Hobie H-18 Advice  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• got2strumGrrreat, and I was hoping to have smooth sailing with this deal. I guess it looks more like a chip out of the fiberglass but now I'm nervous.
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/Got2strum/1986%20Hobie%20H-18/P1010640-Copy4.jpg

That looks like nothing to worry about, check it out but probably just a nick, things happen to a 27 year old boat. Looks really clean from that pic, and you'll love having wings.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • got2strum
    I found a local 86' H-18 that I am thinking of going to check out.

I hadn't looked at all the photobucket photos before, after seeing the details I think you are lucky the seller has not posted the boat in the classifieds here. Looks like a desirable boat from here. Let us know how it goes.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Welp, its sitting in my driveway. Proud new Hobie owner here. There were some very minor checks (wouldn't really call them cracks) just in the very top paint or possibly clear coat? Definitely did not look structural. Pushed down all over with the heel of my hand as well as knocked on the hulls with my knuckle (kinda like looking for a wall stud in drywall). They seem very solid to me. Opened the hull access covers and reached in and felt the inside as far as I could reach, especially around the front crossbars. Again, seems totally legit to me. The tramp is nice, not perfect but decent. I figured it is a periodical maintenance item anyway so I'll use it til it needs replaced. Mast and boom looked great and not beat up or dented. The seller gave me lots of extra parts (rudder bushings, pins, etc.)and gear (trapeze, harnesses,life jackets, boat cover,etc.) as well.
    Can't wait til my first day on the lake!!!!

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.