Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle reassembly  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• pirateboy, would not be surprised if one (or even both) of your cross-beams has "twisted" slightly, throwing your P18 out of alignment. As above, don't over-think it, don't get too technical about it, put it together and sail it. If it really bothers you that much, look around for a couple of cross-beams and replace them sometime in future. If the cross-beams are "true", the alignment will be "true", it's that simple......... icon_rolleyes
  • [quote=DamonLinkous]
    pirateboy27So one wife sat on the high hull, one wife sat on the high stern,

Congratulations?

Funny! Took me a minute, but hell no. Two wives?oh wrath of Satan no. I can't even afford the one I have. My buddy brought his wife along so we each had a ballast provider.

Forgive me guys but I am a toolmaker by trade; I spend my workday making things as accurately as possible so it sort of bleeds off into my after-work hobbies. I will set the mast on blocks on each end tomorrow to make sure it sits true each side and to check the diamond wire tension. I'm pretty sure I checked that the shrouds matched but I will recheck that too. I can't imagine the beams being bent or twisted but I will absolutely put an eye to them...

I do intend to sail it as is. I've spent too much money and time on it not to, but I want a balanced boat. If I find anything out of the ordinary I will post more info.

Thanks for all your input. See you at the beach

--
    Repairable P18
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.