Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Buying New Sails i think?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

• New boat feel with new sails? That is enticing. Sounds like you are happy. Good to hear.

--
    Mooched Beachcats in the past
    Time to try ownership with Nacra 5.7
    Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands, Ohio
    --
  • scotts1wNew boat feel with new sails? That is enticing. Sounds like you are happy. Good to hear.

so where do you sail at in OH?

--
    Reynolds 21 Catamaran #38
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Well, I have not sailed her yet. The Erie Islands are an hour west of Cleveland. Hopefully I learn that she floats in the next two weeks.

Edited by scotts1w on May 28, 2013 - 12:20 PM.

--
    --
  • Erie is in my area.

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • I still have Lee helm i raked my mast back to stern used all holes that i had in rigging i think i am going to put it back like it was. I thought the new sails would fix it , NOW i am thinking maybe the JIB is to big i am gonna sail with just the main sail the next time i go out! i want to see if there is a difference. i wish now i have a roller furling for jib! i will have to change it one day!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • removing the jib should produce a lot more weather helm as the sail plan centre of pressure moves aft

some boats don't handle very well with the jib off

have you tried sailing in light air with the jib sheet fully loose, so the jib is spilling all it's air?
  • No i havent! I am just sad to think of this boat being the design of the boat being the problem! I just dont know what else to do. I wish i could try different rudders to test so i knew before spending more money on this boat, i mean it is ok to sail in 5 to 8 winds but as they increase it is a little tricky at times to not jerk the boat with the steering!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • are there any other cat sailors locally who could lend you a smaller beachcat jibs that would fit for a test sail?
  • oh yes i am sure they could hmmm i didnt think of asking to do that. that might be a good idea

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • soulofasailorErie is in my area.

Let me know if you are near Port Clinton, Ohio splashing around.

--
    --
  • i am always looking for a place to camp or stay and have a beach to beach at! What type of setup do you sail out of? I need a ramp to launch my boat from, i cant go off of a beach but i like to pull boat of trailer and put boat on beach! I would like to find a place on ERIE to keep my boat for cheap but i don't know of such a place?

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • soulofasailori am always looking for a place to camp or stay and have a beach to beach at! What type of setup do you sail out of? I need a ramp to launch my boat from, i cant go off of a beach but i like to pull boat of trailer and put boat on beach! I would like to find a place on ERIE to keep my boat for cheap but i don't know of such a place?

I am at a private marina. I have just assembled a used "Air-Dock" to get it off the water during the week. Working on a Cruise 'n Carry with a Cheata bracket to get out of the marina. We have a small beach but no where to keep a cat over night.
    I don't know of a place to keep a beach cat for the summer. I'll keep looking around though.
    There is a small private camp ground next door with a beach. A week/weekend kind of place....Sunset Shore Camp Ground 1745 W. Lakeshore, Port Clinton, OH 41nine-7three4-5one86. They don't have a launch but there is a large marina the next door west with one. It would be a bit of a paddle to get out of the marina, I guess 600 yards to get around to the camp ground. It would have to be done under light winds. If you paid the marina to launch you, maybe they would tow you around to the beach. Do you have beach wheels? You would probably need them at Sunset Shore beach as it is pretty shallow well out. I see tents set up on the beach there regularly.

--
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.