Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Life Saver  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

• looks pretty good for someone in reasonable shape - with places to grab (and maybe shallow water to get a jumpstart)

not sure about someone out of shape using this or any on the water ladder without help

last season i had to do a rescue of 3 people that fell out? of an inflatable dingy. it was either loosing air, or was just extremely under-inflated. all i know is they were in the bay, in the channel, and powerboats were avoiding them by going outside of the channel ... not stopping to help - so i did.

I circled them and asked them what was up, and decided i would grab the lightest one and bring her on my boat.. the other 2 bigger people were holding onto the sides of the dingy.

me, solo on a 5.5 - them 3 old, idiots who should not be on the water - floating (maybe sinking?) - no pdf's

they had a ladder similar to that you have one for their dingy ... but they lacked the upper body strength and balance and grab points to get back on the boat

long story short - I have to jump off my cat, jump in their dingy, and pull them in - jump back in the water, climb back up on my boat before it drove away.... fun :) - i then towed the 2 people in the dingy to shore and dropped all 3 off about 1000' east of the channel

Edited by MN3 on Feb 22, 2017 - 07:50 PM.
  • As long as there is a hand on board to help, or something else to grab, someone in shape could use that ladder. However, remember that the straps going up will be tight against the boat and will not present any location to grab.

--
    Ted
    Hobie 16
    South Carolina Lake sailing
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.