Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Need one of these....  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

• So.. It is late here in the west coast. and craigs is sleeping.. Could be both of the above. Not sure.. Too much wine on board.. and am off to secure more cats tomorrow. News at 11.. (tomorrow) Cat merde is cheap this time of year here.. and it is hobie stuff too... I am off.. (Please let me find a nacra or prindle or two.) .(not ever out here) News at 11 tomorrow !! Anyway !! off to the flat lands with small lakes and folke who do not understand wind !!! More news tomorrow Dustin.. I am off with my pickup and a few bucks.. Taking a few bottles of wine from my winery to calm the swell and pump up the wind)
    I need Missippi Bill here to ""prolly"find me customers ( With the strippers) and find me luck .. and what ever

Its a sicknes.. I NEED a A CAT..
    cheers Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • you bet your fab-u-lASS the strippers and i would find it...it would find us!...PUSH 'EM IN-PULL-'EM IN-DRAG 'EM IN! lap dance tuesdays...

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Bill I TOLL YOU!! NO MORE FUNNY MEARD THIS LATE>> It is tough to get to sleep.. And had a tough day with some Craigs list freinds.. One H16 with 2 sets of: Sails.. Tramp frames.. Rudders.. and a Galvie trailer and the SS rigging was all NEW!. $300 plus some vino.. WAIT.. Next stop.. Leftover hobie 16 stuff cuz the really nice guy wanted the trailer and the boat was toast.. One YELLOW (to match my H17) sail box.. H16 tramp frame, rudders, Mast and YES.. One more set of sails and varius stuff in the box that I did not inspect cuz I wanted to get to my sons place to see the G-Kids.. $100.. Are you sure Honist Hal is a proper name for the place. prolly not. Nite Nite.. Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • tahoeprindle18
    QuarathHal,

So what is the story behind your growing collection. Are you rehabbing and reselling, starting a sailing school, sailboat rental business, or starting an invasion fleet.

I think he is trying to invade Tahoe starting at Ski Beach in Incline Village.

We should have a cat weekend/week up here is anyone is game.
    We can have some racing and boat camping I'll provide the Stiletto 27 as mothership.

Al

That actually sounds awesome. I'd love to sail a Stilletto 27 it is on my list of boats I'd like to have.

No sure how realistic it is. Tahoe's not out of reach far, but a bit of a stretch on the budget. We were hoping to take the kids on a cruise this year and it kinda fell through so I would love to find a good consolation prize. We camp at the lake all summer so if we vacation I don't want to camp. Camping's fun but it's also work and a lot of extra gear.. I need something cheap but with reasonable rooms. Don't need the Ritz or anything. Then just a place I can leave the boat(s) rigged for the duration. I'd want make a week or so out if it.

It is still bit of a pipe dream as far financing goes right now but if you got any connections for something like that in Tahoe I will definitely consider the possibility.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
    It is still bit of a pipe dream as far financing goes right now but if you got any connections for something like that in Tahoe I will definitely consider the possibility.

We have the Tahoe figured out nicely.
    If you want to come out during the summer let me know what dates you are thinking.
    You can use my P19 if you dont want to drag your P18 out here.

We moor the Stiletto off the beach all the time and we can just tie the smaller cats alongside.

Private message me or Facebook message to swap contact info.

Cheers

Al
  • tahoeprindle18

We have the Tahoe figured out nicely.
    If you want to come out during the summer let me know what dates you are thinking.
    You can use my P19 if you dont want to drag your P18 out here.

We moor the Stiletto off the beach all the time and we can just tie the smaller cats alongside.

Private message me or Facebook message to swap contact info.

Cheers

Al

Wow what an offer. If I sail a P19 I'm not sure I'll feel like I can go back to just my P18. lol

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • OK.. I can bring my N-5.2 up so you will be comfortable" And a H 17 for me, so we can sail togethter.. I need to learn how to work the 17 anyway.. and want to have a beer or two with Al and you on the deck of the local lake view hangout (increadable) speaking of olde sailing successes.. ... And you can bring a boat or two for "Hals Used Catamaran WEST" dealership.. ( I have seen a great buy or two from your heck of the woods on craigs.. Pay for the trip with a quick sail (opps -- sale)) WE have a place to stay in Incline.. (Al is stuck in incline) Big enough for Kath and I and a bedroom for Mom and Dad AND 1 extra well behaved child!!! (Not an infant hopefully).. Can you say Hook Up.. Cheers Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Al ... Quarath.. OK OK.. Not invading anything ... Buy a boat off of craigs .. OH Yah.. BRAND New rigging.. (250$ value) An extra set of sails.. $250 value.. h-16 crossbars and side rails (2 pair) 150$ each ...Sail Box 250$ value (Matches my H-17 yellow boat).. 200$ value.. YES!! Forgot the the extra rudders and the trailer..(Galvi.. Name brand... Oh Yah ) Cost.. $300 out the door plus a bit of vino... The dealership is rocking.. Hoping to sell a bit of it this summer.. Oh Yah fix up the boat a bit and sell it cheep .. Be a local hero!! Life is good.. Still got a great boat for cheep.. Life is good.. Regatas are starting here this month. Hail to the sailer !!! Cheers hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • And so the dastardly plan to sail cats and drink beer on lake Tahoe is coming together.

This will be a fun summer for sure.

Cant wait about 7 more weeks till sailing season and I can get the Stiletto on the Buoy.
    P19 is coming along. got the adjuster off ebay and installed, sails in shop for TLC. Tramp having new Zip put in.

Any more west coasters want to join us up at Tahoe?

Cheers

Al
  • Just so ya know I come with a party of 5. My oldest is just about to graduate high school and my youngest is just about to start high school so no infants here. Three of us are heavyweights which makes for good sailing in high winds. That's why I like my P18 so much. I would probably sink one of Hal's H16s.

Is there a name for this thing yet? Al & Hal's Brewfest with some occasional sailing?

Edited by Quarath on Mar 11, 2012 - 02:06 PM.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • halliskeAl ... Quarath.. OK OK.. Not invading anything ... Buy a boat off of craigs .. OH Yah.. BRAND New rigging.. (250$ value) An extra set of sails.. $250 value.. h-16 crossbars and side rails (2 pair) 150$ each ...Sail Box 250$ value (Matches my H-17 yellow boat).. 200$ value.. YES!! Forgot the the extra rudders and the trailer..(Galvi.. Name brand... Oh Yah ) Cost.. $300 out the door plus a bit of vino... The dealership is rocking.. Hoping to sell a bit of it this summer.. Oh Yah fix up the boat a bit and sell it cheep .. Be a local hero!! Life is good.. Still got a great boat for cheep.. Life is good.. Regatas are starting here this month. Hail to the sailer !!! Cheers hal

That's why I decided to get the 2 Prindle 16s out of Idaho for $200. I figure if I don't get around to getting one of them in the water I can at least sell the parts for more than enough to pay for them and use some to fuel my addiction. At the very least I have lots of spare parts if I need them for the P18. Same for the H17. It needs some softspot and wing socket repair but even without it ended being free so was well worth hauling it home. My back yard does look a bit redneck right now though.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • QuoteMy back yard does look a bit redneck right now though.

excuse me,...we call those "stutus symbles" down here, fill the yard up with derilict vehicles and you sir are a rich man!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Well am rollin'in derelicts then. but not as rich as Hal.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • Bill I like the "Sir" part. YOU ARE a true southern gen-tal-man. Prolly means there is a mens club in the neighborhood.. That "status" could be cuz you bee the only one in the block who knowes how important is is to sheet in and haul arse.. U Got to get out to the tahoe this summer hang out on the lake. I knoe that you can figure out a way as the fees from marketing advice for the dealership will pay for the trip.. AND AL. Nothing dastardly about a brooski or two. Especially on the dack looking over the lake !! These guys have no idea. Only danger is they may be moving her soon. Good news.. More customers for the dealership. Dealership NEWS.. a new H14 300$ and yet one more 16 for 250$ in the works. YES A Fleet.. Opps not a "A cat" fleet Damn Cheers Hal......

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • I like your thinking Hal.

7 more weeks till the boat ramp opens on Ski beach

Al
  • to: hal liske
    president, HONEST HALS QUALITY PRE-OWNED BEACHCATS
    livermore, ca

re: summer marketing meeting lake tahoe

dear mr. liske, first i would like to congradulate you on your thriving new business! your vision is boldly leading the pack for a beachcat resurgence, a fact that has not gone unnoticed with you peers. we feel that you are poised to dominate sales growth in the wine belt as you have purchased nearly every vintage craft in the tri-state area. exciting news indeed!

even more exciting news is you fortuitis selection of the famed marketing firm of DEWEY, CHEATUM, AND HOWE as you partner in crime, so to speak. this powerful combination of your ambitious goals with our unscrupulus and shady tactics is guaranteed to leave your customers with that "what just happened ?" feeling every time, especially on lap dance tuesdays! it is with great pleasure that i accept your invitation to discuss business and such in beautiful northern california this summer. i am confident we can concoct several hairbrained and downright silly ideas for dumping product on the unwashed masses. i will have my people contact your people and leave prank phone calls that make no sense. thanks again for your consideration in these most important matters!

yours truly, bill harris
    c.e.o., DEWEY, CHEATUM, AND HOWE

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Bill Bill In the morning .. Not at night.. Hard to stop the giggling and slumber off to lumber land.. PLEASE !! More when I recover from too much vino and lack of sleep in the AM >> AND after a conferance with my EIO (old Mc Donald had a farm) EI EI __O I have som hi-teck friends working on soft wear to flag every catamaran that goes on Craigs or penny saver in the tri-state area with in 1 min 30 seconds after submittal. The early bird catches the cat !! I will be checking the ansering machine which will prolly be full of calls from your staff.. Cheers Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Ok Hal...

Summer is upon us, when you coming up for some sailing?
    Took the Stiletto out last weekend and have the P19 ready to roll too.

Cheers

Al
  • Just picked up a H-18. Not in love with the H17 that I have cuz it is a PITA to tack.. Going to sail 2 weekends a month this summer.. Plans for June include the regatta at Hunington and perhaps a sail at woodward with that crowd BUT it could be replaced with a trip to Tahoe.. Our place is in incline V. on the lake side of the main drag off of the road that goes up to the golf course across the HY. Have some work to do on the new 18 but would like to try her out up there. She is a better boat for 2 than the 17. I will check with the boss about the timing cuz she will want to come and veg.. I am interested in sailing in the Stiletto.. News at 11 Cheers Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • How are the sails on your 17? Mine are pretty bad. Mine is still in pieces to many projects I have not got back to the repairs. Was kinda discouraged by my soft spot repair on it. It did not seem to work very well.

Have you read the section in Rick Whites book on the single handed cats? It might have some pointers for tacks.

Edited by Quarath on May 23, 2012 - 10:37 AM.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.