Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Loading cat onto cat trax  Bottom

• Hello there,

I store my cat, Nacra 5.2, on a sandy lakefront beach. I've always drug it to the water.

I recently purchased a set of cat trax to make this easier. Is there an easy way to get the cat onto the trax? Sometimes I single hand it. Any tips or trick would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • What I do when i need to move it by myself, and that happens a lot, is I position the wheels in front of the hulls and lift one side a little and push that side in a bit. I kind of stand in front of the axel so it can't move much and move to the other side and do the same thing. I just kind of walk it back a foot or so at a time. until they are under the shrouds. Then loop the ropes or tie them in place.

If you don't have cradles make something like this to help it stay in place.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=87261&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Roll the trax up to the transoms, and lift the hull so that you can roll the trax under the rear crossbar. Move up to the crossbar and lift it so that you can push the trax under with your foot as far as you can on both sides. You want the trax right under the side stays. If you need to, walk around front and lift the hulls to slide them back on the trax. Once it is in position, tie the lines from the trax tightly around the side stays. Grab a hull front and head to the water.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • drag it to the water, sail the crap outta the boat, when you come back stop short of the beach and float the boat onto the trax

--
    Jeff
    Houston TX
    1986 Hobie 18 Sail# 13031
    --
  • And another method... Make sure the lines on the trax are long enough to go from the bow to the shrouds. Lift one bow and push the trax under it, tie it off on the shroud so it can't slide back out again. Then do it to the other side. Then back and fourth until the trax are in the right position.

Most of the time, I recruit some random beach goer. I lift the bows and she (usually I recruit 'shes') pushes the wheels in place.

--
    Daniel T.
    Taipan F16 - USA 213
    Clearwater, FL
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.