Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

List of Every Beachcat Ever Made  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

• MN3missing a mystere 3.7 and if your gonna seperate the 60. and 6.0 XL, there were also XL versions of the 5.0xl and 5.5 fun

Mystere never made a 3.7 It was a 3.5.
  • HeadhunterMystere never made a 3.7 It was a 3.5.

Sorry Jon but ... http://www.asnstudios.com/mystere.gif
  • Anyone have a picture of a Prindle 20, never seen one.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • MN3
    HeadhunterMystere never made a 3.7 It was a 3.5.

Sorry Jon but ... http://www.asnstudios.com/mystere.gif

Ha! Nothing but the facts.

Mr. MN3, that looks like part of a product brochure, have you got the whole thing?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • damonAdminPlease give some input on what data fields need to be available for manufacturers and individual boat models.

Manufacturers (includes extinct makers)

Dates of operation
    Headquarters address
    phones
    contact person
    history
    ??? What else???

Individual boats

Dates of manufacture
    aprox numbers produced
    specifications
    options and variations
    member reviews
    pictures
    Scale line drawing of hulls, appendages, rig.
    Geneology
    Designer
    ??? What more???

Any feedback on this? I need some collective wisdom to design this database. What would you expect to find in a "guide to all beachcats ever produced".

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Missing the Supercat 22 or ARC22 if that's what Aquarius is selling it as now.
  • QuoteMr. MN3, that looks like part of a product brochure, have you got the whole thing?

i do, i will scan all 3 sides and photoshop it together and get it to you when i get a chance
  • Must be a misprint. I've never seen one and thus, they don't exist.
  • MN3, I'd be interested in getting a copy of that full brochure as well. There is more info on the 5.0 on there than I have found anywere else. Does it say what year the brochure is from?

--
    Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
    04 Nacra 570 (sold)
    08 Hobie Wave
    00 Taipan 4.9
    --
  • I've seen a Prindle 20. I heard it was the only one in existence. It is in a secret location in the Keys. icon_biggrin

Edited by DanBerger on Jul 06, 2011 - 03:00 PM.
  • Damon,

There is already a website that has a lot of the info you are looking for:

http://sailboatdata.com/

It would be nice to get some of the line drawings and definitely a FAQ section about the boats.
  • DanBergerDamon,

There is already a website that has a lot of the info you are looking for:

http://sailboatdata.com/

It would be nice to get some of the line drawings and definitely a FAQ section about the boats.

Thanks, nice resource. The actual data for the beachcats will need to be verified from manufacturers info but it's a good place to check.

Once the database is in place I'll be relying on the members to fill in the data here, too much typing for one dude.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • QuoteAny feedback on this? I need some collective wisdom to design this database. What would you expect to find in a "guide to all beachcats ever produced".

It would be nice to have a table that users could enter personal opinion and feedback about any boat.
  • Maybe info about changes over time. for instance certain years had hulls one way then later they changed, got lighter, heavier, foamcore not foamcore.etc.... Early P16 had wire jib later had zipper.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • I would like a place where you can put rigging measurements! I know they change over time but that would be a great reference!

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • i require a section that shows VERY hot chicks on catamarans. all new forum members should be required to post new ones to get in (the club house)

I guess there can be a section for the female members of this forum as well, but i got a feeling that is not as mission critical to them... who knows i could be wrong.

EdiT: ok kidding aside, perhaps a user area or forum for each cat model so interested parties can discuss each cat... talk modifications, link to pictures of their cool floating keg they placed in the hull, etc.

That would make this much more than a library

Edited by MN3 on Jul 07, 2011 - 03:49 PM.
  • There are female members of this forum? Crap I better start minding my language more!

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • QuoteThere are female members of this forum? Crap I better start minding my language more!

There are female members!!! and some of em can sail circles around us.... :), but keep in mind.. they also have the "mouth like a sailor" so anything you can post, i am sure they have heard or yelled
  • MN3i require a section that shows VERY hot chicks on NACRAS.

There ya go Andrew, fixed it for ya.

--
    Philip
    --
  • MN3It would be nice to have a table that users could enter personal opinion and feedback about any boat.

QuarathMaybe info about changes over time. for instance certain years had hulls one way then later they changed, got lighter, heavier, foamcore not foamcore.etc.... Early P16 had wire jib later had zipper.

WolfmanI would like a place where you can put rigging measurements! I know they change over time but that would be a great reference!

This is all good stuff and can be incorporated.

Please keep the ideas coming, it really helps.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.