List of Every Beachcat Ever Made

I want to put together a list of every beachcat ever manufactured for a new section of the site where we can collect all the specific history, tips, reviews, pictures, manuals etc. for each model.

I made this list as a starting point based on the US Sailing portsmouth multihull list for active and inactive classes. Still need to weed out some bigger multihull cruiser types but anything remotely beachcat should be included, even the small tris.

Take a look and make suggestions for missing boats or ones that should be eliminated. For the Formula classes, mainly F16 and F18 I'd probably have detail page for every individual model, like the Nacra F18, Inter 18, Infusion, Tiger, Wildcat, C2 etc.

Since this is based on the US Sailing lists it doesn't include a lot of boats that were not imported into the USA, would want to include all those too, so will need help from members who speak French, Italian, German, etc. to find these other beachcats.

18 Square
A Class Cat
A-Lion (A Class)
Alpha Cat 15
Alpha Cat 18
Antrim 30+ Tri
Aqua Cat 12
Aqua Cat 14
Aqua Cat 18
ARC 17 spi
ARC 21
Australis (A Class)
Barracuda
Bimare Javelin 18HT
Blade F16
B-Lion
Brown 26 Tri
Buccaneer 33 Tri
Buccaneer 35 Tri
C Class
Cal Cat
Capricorn F18 See:
Catfish
Cathouse 20
Catnip A-Class
CFR20
Cheeta Cat Mk 2
Cheshire
Climax 18
Coaster 26
Concept 41
Condor
Cougar Mk III
Coyote 17
Cross 46R
Crowther 38
D Class
Dakota 33 Mod.
Dart 18
Dart 20
Dart Hawk F18
Dart TSX
Dingo
Dragonfly 1200
Dragonfly 15 Outrigger
Dudash
Dunlap
Eagle 20 Tri
Escape Playcat
Escape Velanza
Express 6.0
Firebird 26
Formula 16
Formula 18
Formula 18HT
Formula 20
Formula 40
Formula 500
Freestyle 474
Fulmar 19 Tri
G-Cat 5.0m
G-Cat 5.0
G-Cat 5.7m
G-Cat 6.1
G-Force 18
G-Force 21
Gougeon 32
Hardcore 16
Hobie 3.5
Hobie 12
Hobie 14
Hobie 16
Hobie 17
Hobie 18 & 18 Magnum
Hobie 18 Formula (Europe)
Hobie 18 SX
Hobie 20 Miracle
Hobie 21 SE
Hobie 21 Sport Cruiser
Hobie Bravo (12')
Hobie Dragoon
Hobie Fox
Hobie FXOne
Hobie Getaway
Hobie Tiger
Hobie Trifoiler
Hobie Wave
Hughes 35
Hurricane 5.9
Hurricane 500
Hydrosail 21
Iroquois 31.6
Isotope
Jump Ahead Cat
Kantola 38
Loka (A Class)
Lynx Cat (14')
MacGregor 36
Maine Cat 22
Malibu Outrigger
Marstrom 18
Marstrom 20
Musketeer
Mystere 3.7
Mystere 4.3
Mystere 5.0
Mystere 5.5
Mystere 6.0
Mystere 6.0XL
Mystere S
Mystere Twister F18
Nacra 14 Square
Nacra 16 Square
Nacra 17
Nacra (Inter)18
Nacra 20
Nacra 4.5
Nacra 450 Turbo
Nacra 5.0
Nacra 500
Nacra 5.2
Nacra 5.5
Nacra 5.5 - 18 Square
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.8
Nacra 580
Nacra 570
Nacra 6.0
Nacra 6.0 NA
Nacra F17
Nacra F18
Pacific Cat
Paper Tiger
P-Cat 2/18
P-Cat 3/18
PDQ Cat 32
Phoenix
Piver Tri 17 (Textri)
Pixel 23 Outrigger spi
Poison Oak
Prindle 15
Prindle 16
Prindle 18
Prindle 18-2
Prindle 19
Prindle 19MX no spi
Prindle 20
Prindle Escape
Privilege 42
Raider 30
RC-27 All Sails
RC-27 All Sails M.Hd spi
RC-30 All Sails
RC-30 All Sails (MugRig)
Reynolds 21
Reynolds 33
Scamp
Sea Spray 15
Sea Spray 15 (Sea Moth)
Sea Spray 18
Seaside 22
Seawind 24
Shark
Shearwater Mk IV
Shockwave 37
Sizzler
SL 16 Slp spi
Sol Cat 15
Sol Cat 18
Sol Cat 20
Stampede
Stiletto 23 3-up
Stiletto 27
Stiletto 27 All Sails
Stiletto 30
SuperCat 15
SuperCat 17
SuperCat 19
SuperCat 20
Tahoe 18 Tri
Taipan 4.9
Taipan 5.7
T-Gull 23
Thai Mk 4
Tiger Cat
Topcat
TopCat K3
Tornado
Trac 14
Trac 16
Trac 18
TrailerTri 680
TrailerTri 720
Tramp
Tremolino Tri
Tristar 18
Unicorn (A Class)
Ventilo 20 Slp 32' spi
Venture Cat (Sloop)
Viva 27 no spi
Warrior 29
Weta Tri Slp w/gennaker
Wilson 16 Outrigger
Wilson 20 Tri
WindRider 16 Tri
WindRider 17 Tri
WindRider Rave OD Tri

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--
missing a mystere 3.7 and if your gonna seperate the 60. and 6.0 XL, there were also XL versions of the 5.0xl and 5.5 fun
MN3missing a mystere 3.7 and if your gonna seperate the 60. and 6.0 XL, there were also XL versions of the 5.0xl and 5.5 fun

Thanks, added the 3.7. Not sure what to do with multiple versions of the same boat name. The Mystere 6.0 XL was a ten foot wide version?

I think we should probably should just have one entry for each set of hulls and then include the details of various version in the info about the boat.

What say you all?

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
The nacra 5.5 has 2 flavors, the 5.5 SL and the 5.5 UNI
Differances are bridle tang angle, jib hardware, mast length and sail area.

--
Ron
Nacra F18
Reservoir Sailing Assn.
Brandon, Mississippi
--
yes the XL was a wider cat (for both 5.0 and 6.0) and with wings (in the 6.0 case)
nacra55The nacra 5.5 has 2 flavors, the 5.5 SL and the 5.5 UNI
Differances are bridle tang angle, jib hardware, mast length and sail area.

The Nacra 5.5 is interesting because it was also sold as a factory 18 Square with an eleven foot beam.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
Great idea! Would sure beat answering the same questions over and over. This way, you got a problem we can link the person to the correct cat.

Most variations in the models have some sort of identifier (Nacra 4.8 NA for instance).

Question how will you handle cats that were bought by another company but not substantially changed? For instance the Escape Playcat and the Nacra Playcat - actually might be the only one I can think of.

Speaking of which you missed the Prindle Escape (unrelated boat, Nacra Playcat, Climax 18, Javelins , Nacra 14 Sq, Nacra 16 Sq, several Darts, Hobie Twixxy, Hobie 3.5 and the Sprints. Can't think of any of the others off of the top of my head (or that are listed in the classifieds). There are likely a couple of other European Hobies that were missed.

Edited by Wolfman on Jul 05, 2011 - 04:19 PM.

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
--
damonAdmin
I think we should probably should just have one entry for each set of hulls and then include the details of various version in the info about the boat.

What say you all?

agreed

--
Philip
--
damonAdmin
nacra55The nacra 5.5 has 2 flavors, the 5.5 SL and the 5.5 UNI
Differences are bridle tang angle, jib hardware, mast length and sail area.

The Nacra 5.5 is interesting because it was also sold as a factory 18 Square with an eleven foot beam.

I think 18 square was a development or formula class, anybody could make one. It was not a one design. The 5.5 hull fit the bill. There were homemades in the class, as well as two different weight categories.

--
Philip
--
Add the Nacra 580 to the list. Different boat. has centerboards instead of daggers and did away with the NA jib.

If you include the P19MX, you might as well include the Nacra 6.0 Express.

Plenty of others like Nacra 14, Nacra 16, Nacra F20C, Nacra 36, Multi 23, Formula 40, Extreme 40's, AC45's, all the F-boats, Corsairs, etc. I could go on and on. This list is going to get huge.

Edited by mummp on Jul 05, 2011 - 05:29 PM.

--
Philip
--
Quote Formula 40, Extreme 40's, AC45's, all the F-boats, Corsairs, etc

not sure these are beach cats
I would love to see someone beach one of those!!

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
--
MN3

check some of the boats in the above list. MacGregor 36, Kantola 38, PDQ Cat 32, Privilege 42, Viva 27, Buccaneer 35, etc. Sona (F40) in the BVI's beaches, F-boats and Corsairs spend their lives beaching.

There's really no difference between a Privilege 42 and the Leopard line of cruising cats, or say the Gemini cats. Should we include cruising cats as some are listed in the portsmouth table??

Ever try to beach a trifoiler?? I have . . .

Notice I did not list the BMW Oracle Tri or Alingi AC cat headshot

--
Philip
--
Kona Cat and Chrysler, I may be able to locate some photos
I've seen a thread or two about a new 16 foot Hobie from Hobie Europe called a Tatoo, I think. I believe it is a rotomolded design.

--
Griff
Hobie 16
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
--
Pixie 14' beach catamaran, sloop rigged, and the larger sister Quattro 16. These are cartop cats that you could assemble on site. you can find them on sailingcatamarans.com
This list of individual models is just a starting point. There will also be a related (relational) list of manufactures, which will make it easier to check that all of a builders cat's (current and extinct) are listed.

I think there will be one listing for each base model, and then notes and description of model variations to take care of things like old and new style Tornado, Supercat 20 (with/without tall rig), XL or wide versions, winged versions etc.

I've been collecting info on extinct cats in the "Beachcats Identification" albums for a long time, now I want more detail and make it more organized and accessible.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
So instead of concentrating on the exact list of models, please give some input on what data fields need to be available for manufacturers and individual boat models.

Manufacturers (includes extinct makers)

Dates of operation
Headquarters address
phones
contact person
history
??? What else???

Individual boats

Dates of manufacture
aprox numbers produced
specifications
options and variations
member reviews
pictures
Scale line drawing of hulls, appendages, rig.
Geneology
Designer
??? What more???

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
mummp
MN3

check some of the boats in the above list. MacGregor 36, Kantola 38, PDQ Cat 32, Privilege 42, Viva 27, Buccaneer 35, etc. Sona (F40) in the BVI's beaches, F-boats and Corsairs spend their lives beaching.

There's really no difference between a Privilege 42 and the Leopard line of cruising cats, or say the Gemini cats. Should we include cruising cats as some are listed in the portsmouth table??

Not sure where or if a line should be drawn, there will be room for everything, but of course it's going to be primarily beachcats, this being "The Beachcats" after all.

I'd say obvious Condo-morans shouldn't be included, but on the other hand any manufacture who has ever built anything close to a beachcat could be accommodated just for fun.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
damonAdmin
mummp
MN3

Not sure where or if a line should be drawn, there will be room for everything, but of course it's going to be primarily beachcats, this being "The Beachcats" after all.

I'd say obvious Condo-morans shouldn't be included, but on the other hand any manufacture who has ever built anything close to a beachcat could be accommodated just for fun.

A couple of tough calls come to mind: Reynolds 21 & 33, and of course the Stilettos, and all the tris kinda fall into that Cond-moran mindset. I say include them.

--
Philip
--
MN3missing a mystere 3.7 and if your gonna seperate the 60. and 6.0 XL, there were also XL versions of the 5.0xl and 5.5 fun

Mystere never made a 3.7 It was a 3.5.
HeadhunterMystere never made a 3.7 It was a 3.5.

Sorry Jon but ... http://www.asnstudios.com/mystere.gif
Anyone have a picture of a Prindle 20, never seen one.

--
Nacra 5.2
--
MN3
HeadhunterMystere never made a 3.7 It was a 3.5.

Sorry Jon but ... http://www.asnstudios.com/mystere.gif

Ha! Nothing but the facts.

Mr. MN3, that looks like part of a product brochure, have you got the whole thing?

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
damonAdminPlease give some input on what data fields need to be available for manufacturers and individual boat models.

Manufacturers (includes extinct makers)

Dates of operation
Headquarters address
phones
contact person
history
??? What else???

Individual boats

Dates of manufacture
aprox numbers produced
specifications
options and variations
member reviews
pictures
Scale line drawing of hulls, appendages, rig.
Geneology
Designer
??? What more???

Any feedback on this? I need some collective wisdom to design this database. What would you expect to find in a "guide to all beachcats ever produced".

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
Missing the Supercat 22 or ARC22 if that's what Aquarius is selling it as now.
QuoteMr. MN3, that looks like part of a product brochure, have you got the whole thing?

i do, i will scan all 3 sides and photoshop it together and get it to you when i get a chance
Must be a misprint. I've never seen one and thus, they don't exist.
MN3, I'd be interested in getting a copy of that full brochure as well. There is more info on the 5.0 on there than I have found anywere else. Does it say what year the brochure is from?

--
Steve - Texas Gulf Coast

91 Mystere 5.0 (sold)
04 Nacra 570 (sold)
08 Hobie Wave
00 Taipan 4.9
--
I've seen a Prindle 20. I heard it was the only one in existence. It is in a secret location in the Keys. icon_biggrin

Edited by DanBerger on Jul 06, 2011 - 03:00 PM.
Damon,

There is already a website that has a lot of the info you are looking for:

http://sailboatdata.com/

It would be nice to get some of the line drawings and definitely a FAQ section about the boats.
DanBergerDamon,

There is already a website that has a lot of the info you are looking for:

http://sailboatdata.com/

It would be nice to get some of the line drawings and definitely a FAQ section about the boats.

Thanks, nice resource. The actual data for the beachcats will need to be verified from manufacturers info but it's a good place to check.

Once the database is in place I'll be relying on the members to fill in the data here, too much typing for one dude.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
QuoteAny feedback on this? I need some collective wisdom to design this database. What would you expect to find in a "guide to all beachcats ever produced".

It would be nice to have a table that users could enter personal opinion and feedback about any boat.
Maybe info about changes over time. for instance certain years had hulls one way then later they changed, got lighter, heavier, foamcore not foamcore.etc.... Early P16 had wire jib later had zipper.

--
Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
Member: Utah Sailing Association
1982 Prindle 18
1986 Hobie 17
1982 Prindle 16
1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
--
I would like a place where you can put rigging measurements! I know they change over time but that would be a great reference!

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
--
i require a section that shows VERY hot chicks on catamarans. all new forum members should be required to post new ones to get in (the club house)

I guess there can be a section for the female members of this forum as well, but i got a feeling that is not as mission critical to them... who knows i could be wrong.

EdiT: ok kidding aside, perhaps a user area or forum for each cat model so interested parties can discuss each cat... talk modifications, link to pictures of their cool floating keg they placed in the hull, etc.

That would make this much more than a library

Edited by MN3 on Jul 07, 2011 - 03:49 PM.
There are female members of this forum? Crap I better start minding my language more!

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
--
QuoteThere are female members of this forum? Crap I better start minding my language more!

There are female members!!! and some of em can sail circles around us.... :), but keep in mind.. they also have the "mouth like a sailor" so anything you can post, i am sure they have heard or yelled
MN3i require a section that shows VERY hot chicks on NACRAS.

There ya go Andrew, fixed it for ya.

--
Philip
--
MN3It would be nice to have a table that users could enter personal opinion and feedback about any boat.

QuarathMaybe info about changes over time. for instance certain years had hulls one way then later they changed, got lighter, heavier, foamcore not foamcore.etc.... Early P16 had wire jib later had zipper.

WolfmanI would like a place where you can put rigging measurements! I know they change over time but that would be a great reference!

This is all good stuff and can be incorporated.

Please keep the ideas coming, it really helps.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
Andrew, I only got into this sport because that pathological liar Philip said that my Cat would be overun not only with Hot chicks, but Naked Hot Chicks. Quote, Unquote.
Soooooo.... eliminating my daughter & her 19 year old friends, & my wife, there have been no hot and/or naked chicks on my Cat. Is this just a Canadian phenomena? Would it all be different if i were in Dunedin? Am I just a 98 lb weakiling? Is my Cat to old, to slow, not enough bling?
The only really hot chick I've seen so far on this site is the add, with the photoshopped 38DD on the tramp. Photoshop is great software, but c'mon, I spend my life in the Orient, they don't shave, look 25 at 45, max out at 125 lbs, & know how to cook!

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
QuoteThere ya go Andrew, fixed it for ya.

Philip, you are not the most promiscuous poster, but sometimes you wire it! In my business we say, "please turn on the have landed sign"

Andrew, you really should buy a Nacra.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
--
Well I have had lots of ladies on my Nacra. Unfortunately they have all been my friends wives and lets just say the we were WAY above maximum crew weight. ;P

And NO ONE has ever been naked on my boat, dammit. I can't even imagine the rope burn!

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
--
Sailing Anarchy has SCOTW (sailor chick of the week).

Perhaps we can have CSCOTW? (cat)
For one thing, the Bohannon cat is Carl Bohannon's home-fabricated creation and is not a production model. Do you want to include one-offs like that?

And for the other, that photoshopped girl is WAAAAAY bigger than 38DD. Don't ask me how I know

sea ya
tami
Female on theBeachcats site
QuoteIs this just a Canadian phenomena? Would it all be different if i were in Dunedin? Am I just a 98 lb weakiling? Is my Cat to old, to slow, not enough bling?

YES!, yes, YES, TRIPPLE YES, probably
Quoteaside, perhaps a user area or forum for each cat model so interested parties can discuss each cat... talk modifications, link to pictures of their cool floating keg they placed in the hull, etc.

I don't discriminate, they can be on a hobie 3.5 for all i care
Quotetami

haha, Awesome!
tamiFor one thing, the Bohannon cat is Carl Bohannon's home-fabricated creation and is not a production model. Do you want to include one-offs like that?

And for the other, that photoshopped girl is WAAAAAY bigger than 38DD. Don't ask me how I know

sea ya
tami

Thanks Tami, I've removed that one. This list was initially made from the Portsmouth Multihull list. I trimmed off the ones I knew were obviously not beachcat related, but left the ones I didn't recognize.

There may be a place for custom one-off's if they are significant to beachcat history, or maybe just include everything possible, it will all be searchable and categorized.

For all you newb's out there that don't know Tami, she was winning beachcat races and writing tech articles long before this site existed. Even though she has joined the yahcting set with her tricked-out F27 she still takes time to help out here, I really appreciate it.

For a blast from the past, read some of Tami's articles that were published in the late 90's in the On The Wire eZine, which is now archived here at TheBeachcats.com.

http://tinyurl.com/42aobjb

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
It's not nice to imply things about a lady's age! Ah to have an F27...

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
--
aw shucks Damon, I'm blushing. thanks
QuoteEven though she has joined the yahcting set with her tricked-out F27 she still takes time to help out here, I really appreciate it.

She certainly does. The spare sail I picked up for my 5.7 had 2 broken battens. It was Tami who mailed me a tube containing 4 long composite battens, allowing me to have 2 fully operational main sails, Thanks again.
The other advantage, I was able to change out the upper battens on the sail I use most often, replacing the heavy, but durable glass battens with composite, saving weight at the top end. It won't make me much faster, but I think that bit of weight savings at the top will make it just possible to right it solo without aids.

Edited by Edchris177 on Jul 08, 2011 - 12:36 PM.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
--
I had an 18ft "Matrix" built in florida, I Think. It had a short keel, 0 to 3" deep, that ran 3/4 length
of each hull, supposedly to replace the dagger boards. I believe there was a dealer on Lake Conroe Tx.
Massive hulls, the boat could easly handle 3 - 200lb people.
Does anyone remember these boats, or know where I could find one?