Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Any one need a spare Nacra Mast Ball or rudder adjust screws?  Bottom

• You will find that your mast step ball wears, & eventually cracks.
    I was in Oz & rounded up a few spares. I have some 1 1/5" Nacra mast balls, & a bunch of those short white Delrin screws that adjust your rudder rake on the older Nacras.
    I would like $16. I will keep $11, & donate the other $5 to The BeachCats. For that you get a brand new mast step ball & 2 rudder screws.
    I think Damon gets hosed 50 cents for every transaction, so I'll wait til they are gone, then send him a check totalling $5 for each ball. If you only want rudder screws let me know, I have 20 of them.
    I don't know if these will replace the older 1 1/4" balls. The thread is 9/16" fine, not sure if the older non captive systems with the
    1 1/4" used that size/pitch, they do fit all the older boats that had the captive system with 9/16" DS rods.

Edited by Edchris177 on Jun 14, 2011 - 07:21 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I'll take one can you take paypal ? if you would send me a PM with your email I will send you the $

Thanks

Jeff O

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • I would like 2 if you still have any. 1 1/4 inch.

Brad

Edited by brmgbaum on May 14, 2012 - 03:39 PM.
  • The 1¼" ball uses a smaller diameter rod, ½" IIRC.

Also, for intercommunity pmts, you guys might want to use Amazon payments -- there are no fees. None. And you can use credit cards.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Will it work for post 1983 boats? We just got this cat and don't know much about it.

Thanks
    Brad
  • Brad, I don't have any left. If you are in a real bind I have an old one I keep as a spare,(1.5"). I might have an old 1.25" from a Nacra 5.2 that got wrecked, but it won't be in good shape. I think I might have given it away, to ERICE, in Japan.
    You need to measure your DS rod, the newer style,from around 1984 consist of 9/16" DS rod, with a 1.5" ball. The DS rod sits in a little saddle that sits on the V brace strap. Looks like this
    http://www.murrays.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/56-2505.jpg
    The older ones use a thinner DS rod, that sits in the actual V brace strap, topped with a 1.25" ball. The two systems are not compatible, if you want to change from the skinny rod,(prone to bending) you also have to change the mast base. The older base will not accept the larger mast ball.
    Let me know exactly what Cat you have, year,(from vin #)model,. If you are in a bind, I might have some worn parts that will get you started. If you elect to change things to the newer system, I have DS support pads, possibly a DS rod, used ball etc. You would still need to change the mast base. I have a spare base, but will probably keep it as the one on my boat has the ends chipped off.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Just got a Nacra 5.0 for free! It needs some stuff though--like rudder adjust screws. Still have some of those?

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.