Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Roll Call for Juana Good Time Regatta  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 [+1]:

• ConnorGI think the hull integrity was compromised beforehand. Ron had just gotten some work done on one of the hulls where the trailor roller had put a dent in the bottom. That bad part was it broke about a minute from the finish line. After he had been hard sailing for a good hour. Helping him take it apart wasn't the most fun eitheredited by: ConnorG, Sep 02, 2010 - 10:25 PM

Sad, very sad...I have an 84 that I am going to beef up in the off season and put new the new brackets on. Hoping not to get that kind of explosion before I fix it up. I guess he parted out the boat after that??

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • skarr1At least they stayed with the boat, I fell off and watched the boat sail away with a non sailing crew. I had showed him how to furl the jib and heave to which he did about a half a mile from me. I was fished out of the pass by a Hobie 16 and taken back to my boat. edited by: skarr1, Sep 02, 2010 - 10:38 PM

O man Im glad you got fished out. I guess your crew was pretty freaked out. I was dragged about 50 yards holding on the tail end of the main sheet, all the while tightening the main so she would sail faster! Did a horizontal rope climb to the back of the boat. Was too worn out to get back on the boat. Power boater came by and asked if I needed help!! uh - yes.

So they dragged me and my boat over to the nearest shore...had a blast that day but it was humbling too.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • TylerHLets hope its like this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9GGnl2mjBY

Wow! Crazy French Canadians crashing their boats. icon_lol

Actually that reminds me of 2002 Juana Good Time Regatta that featured full carnage and was one of my first regattas.

Read my newbie account at
    http://thebeachcats.com/Article30.html

I don't know about you guys but I like reading sailors first-person accounts like this, I wish more members would submit stories, you can be a star on the front page of TheBeachcats.com!

Also I'm going to quote the last paragraph of that story because it is still how I feel about beachcat regattas these years later.

"If your still with me this long I'll make a pitch for regattas everywhere. Whether or not you consider yourself a "racer", try attending a weekend event like this. Beachcat sailors are great people and the local organizers go out of their way to welcome newcomers. It's also about the cheapest sports participation you can do, most regatta fees are < 50 dollars for the weekend and include some food/drinks/t-shirts, many regattas have camping available near the site, or arrangements for reduced rate lodging. If you commit to sailing in a regatta, you will meet lots of great new friends and you will sail in locations and conditions you might not have tried before. "

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • sailinaginWhat year was the boat?

icon_evil Don't worry, it was an '84, oh wait...

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • damonAdmin
    sailinaginWhat year was the boat?

icon_evil Don't worry, it was an '84, oh wait...

Smart A$$.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • sailinaginSmart A$$.

Oh Shit, you've defeated my censor, what are you some kind of computer hacker? icon_lol

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • damonAdmin
    sailinaginSmart A$$.

Oh Shit, you've defeated my censor, what are you some kind of computer hacker? icon_lol

Lol @ damon.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • TylerH
    damonAdmin
    sailinaginSmart A$$.

Lol @ damon.

Smart A$$e$.... icon_cool

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • Well then, gosh.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • icon_wink

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • :)

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Okay, major fail....my new harness wont be here until the 15th...The heck with Murry's icon_eek icon_eek

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Butch, what time are you leaving on friday to head over there?
  • It would prob be better, if you could...to leave Thursday night...that's what we are doing...i think.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • I have class on Friday and also some sailing Thursday night.
  • Connor,

sometime in the am...need a ride?
    want to be on the road no later than
    11:00am
  • no, I don't need a ride, I have classes till 2:15 anyways. I just wanted to see your drooling face when my red car passed you
  • tthhpptt!!
  • The latest National Weather Service forecast foe the Juana's area.http://forecast.weather.g…it=0&lg=en&FcstType=text
  • looks like light winds so far.....

http://www.wunderground.c…day=253&weekday=Saturday

It'll take me a while to get around with my limited ability in light air and two crew members!!! May need to get a trolling motor!!

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.