Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

3/16" DB Eye Splice  Bottom

• Can any of you splice an eye into a 3/16" double braid? If so please tell me how. =)

I wasted 2-3 hours tonight trying, before I gave up. My needles/fids are just too big. I've had fairly decent success with 5/16" line, and not done well with 1/4, but 3/16 was just horrible.

I thought about someone (Eric maybe?) saying they used wire on small lines instead of a fid, but without detail I wasn't going to waste any more time.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • QuoteI thought about someone (Eric maybe?) saying they used wire on small lines instead of a fid, but without detail I wasn't going to waste any more time.

When I was in the coast guard we didnt have much in the way of tools we would take a coat hanger and bend a piece in half and tape it over the line forming a wire fid, it was crude but effective. hope this helps ya.

--
    Ted
    Hobie 21SE Feral Cat
    Upstate NY lake sailing
    --
  • i purchased the Brian Toss Splice Wand. it came with a dvd showing how to do splices on double braids. i watched it and decided i would probably prefer root canals over trying to splice double braids.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.