Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18 hull repair help  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• 1/2 socket on top and 1/2 wrench on inside nuts. Screwdriver will probably not turn REAR inside bolt. Instead turn NUT with open end wrench. Clean corrosion off all bolts on wire wheel of your grinder. To put back together, wrap masking tape around 1/2 wrench, insert nut, put sticky substance (toothpaste, whatever) atop nut, then washer (so it sticks), then carefully feel for bolt inside hole. Fallen washers & nuts can be retrieved by tipping hulls on side. To put tramp back on, get 1/8" & 5/16" rope from Home Depot. While you're at it, buy 1/4" line also from H.D.and drill 3/8" pairs of holes on outside gunwale for footloops when on trapeze, but also very handy manhandling boat onto trailer or on beach. Pete
  • pete-thats exactly the info I needed...thanks. After looking over the seperated area and considering the space I have to do the repair (maybe the lack of space) I am going to try to repair the split seam with the boat assembled and on the trailer. I live in a "upscale" appartment complex(they won't even let me keep the boat here) so tearing apart a boat in the parking lot would be would be frowned upon.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.